Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

  1. #1
    Moderator p-o-g-i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    'ssauga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,272
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 278 Times in 143 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Christopher aka pogi




    Location:
    Mississauga

    Age:
    31... yes, really.

    Educational Institutes:
    Loyola CSS '95
    Sheridan College '97 (General Business- Retail Management)
    Sheridan College '00 (Human Resource Management)
    Automotive Training Centre '06 (Service Advisor)

    Work/ Career:
    Full time: Citrix Systems- Territory Manager- Ottawa/ Federal Government
    Part time: Fido Solutions- Sales Rep
    Part time: CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)- Neurogenetics Research

    Why did you choose Mazda?
    Honestly, it was not my first choice. I was going for a Civic coupe, but with a baby on the way, I wanted a sedan and a friend of mine convinced me to at tleast check out Mazda. I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I was going to walk away though if I couldn't get the white on black combo.....

    What previous rides have you owned?
    1. 'xx Plymoth Reliant (3 weeks)
    2. '94 Cheverolet Cavalier Z22 (8 yrs)
    3. '91 Honda Accord EX (2yrs)
    4. '92 Honda Civic Hatchback DX (2yrs)
    5. '00 Chrysler Intrepid (8 mths)
    6. '01 Toyota Rav4 (2.5 yrs... CURRENT)
    7. '96 Acura EL (10 mths)
    8. '92 Honda Prelude S (6 mths)
    9. '07 Mazda3 GT Sedan (10 mths... CURRENT... for now... hehe)

    16 years of driving-> 9 cars

    Do you have any hobbies?
    Love basketball, although I can no longer play like I use to. Back surgery has limited my playing ability. I follow many different sports, but I just can't play alot of them like I use to. The import scene is high on my list as well.

    What's a typical Friday/ Saturday night for you?
    Well, since I'm married and have a 3 month old daughter, I'm usually in bed by 11:00pm. I'll admit, there is a part of me that still misses going out with the boyz to Warehouse, IT nightclub, Jet nightclub, the Mix, MFN, etc..... but every now and then I make it a point to hit up Rack n' Wack on Queen St. downtown.

    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Hopefully by that time I'll have my 2nd child and sell my condo and move into a town house. Not sure if I'll still be with Citrix.... but who knows with job security these days.

    How would you rate the following of importance to you?
    (finance, friends, education, family, job security)

    1. family
    2. finance
    3. job security
    4. friends
    5. education

    Describe yourself in 3 words.
    joker, polite, and pogi... hahaha (it's a Filipino thing)

    Name 3 goals you have yet to achieve.
    - owning a house (townhouse will do)
    - 3some (yes, with 2 girls.. haha), yet I doubt that will happen at this point
    - slam dunk a basketball on regulation height

    Any last shout outz?
    Everything happens for a reason. I never regret anything I do, but i will deal with the consequences. What ever does not kill you can only make you stronger. I completely believe in karma!!!!!
    resident "Bouncer"; all-around nice guy ...

  2. #2
    Member eqlso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    I love that stitching on the headrest!

  3. #3
    Member RallyPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    HaHaHaHa Nice Write up, Wow if you could slam dunk that would be amazing id be really impressed
    Last edited by RallyPlaya; 02-24-2008 at 01:46 AM.
    06 Brilliant Red Audi A3 S-Line
    -Red Calipers-20% Tint F/B-HID 6000K-
    Pictures

  4. #4
    Moderator p-o-g-i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    'ssauga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,272
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 278 Times in 143 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by eqlso View Post
    I love that stitching on the headrest!
    haha... yeah I had that on my EG. I reupholstered the entire interior black and white.

  5. #5
    Sr Member -RJ3-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    7,793
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 115 Times in 74 Posts
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Damn 31??? I thought you were in your twentys... And I thought I was old LOL!!! nice write up.
    Photographer for Street Concepts online magazine
    Kaption Audio show team
    The Lowerclass

  6. #6
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,813
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by p-o-g-i View Post
    haha... yeah I had that on my EG. I reupholstered the entire interior black and white.
    Love the look. Nice car.

    2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

  7. #7
    Member bunchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    2,052
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    poging-pogi!!!!
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder

  8. #8
    Sr Member 3GFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,238
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Nicely done.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

  9. #9
    Newbie KoukiDC5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by p-o-g-i View Post
    Christopher aka pogi




    Location:
    Mississauga

    Age:
    31... yes, really.

    Educational Institutes:
    Loyola CSS '95
    Sheridan College '97 (General Business- Retail Management)
    Sheridan College '00 (Human Resource Management)
    Automotive Training Centre '06 (Service Advisor)

    Work/ Career:
    Full time: Citrix Systems- Territory Manager- Ottawa/ Federal Government
    Part time: Fido Solutions- Sales Rep
    Part time: CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)- Neurogenetics Research

    Why did you choose Mazda?
    Honestly, it was not my first choice. I was going for a Civic coupe, but with a baby on the way, I wanted a sedan and a friend of mine convinced me to at tleast check out Mazda. I'll admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I was going to walk away though if I couldn't get the white on black combo.....

    What previous rides have you owned?
    1. 'xx Plymoth Reliant (3 weeks)
    2. '94 Cheverolet Cavalier Z22 (8 yrs)
    3. '91 Honda Accord EX (2yrs)
    4. '92 Honda Civic Hatchback DX (2yrs)
    5. '00 Chrysler Intrepid (8 mths)
    6. '01 Toyota Rav4 (2.5 yrs... CURRENT)
    7. '96 Acura EL (10 mths)
    8. '92 Honda Prelude S (6 mths)
    9. '07 Mazda3 GT Sedan (10 mths... CURRENT... for now... hehe)

    16 years of driving-> 9 cars

    Do you have any hobbies?
    Love basketball, although I can no longer play like I use to. Back surgery has limited my playing ability. I follow many different sports, but I just can't play alot of them like I use to. The import scene is high on my list as well.

    What's a typical Friday/ Saturday night for you?
    Well, since I'm married and have a 3 month old daughter, I'm usually in bed by 11:00pm. I'll admit, there is a part of me that still misses going out with the boyz to Warehouse, IT nightclub, Jet nightclub, the Mix, MFN, etc..... but every now and then I make it a point to hit up Rack n' Wack on Queen St. downtown.

    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Hopefully by that time I'll have my 2nd child and sell my condo and move into a town house. Not sure if I'll still be with Citrix.... but who knows with job security these days.

    How would you rate the following of importance to you?
    (finance, friends, education, family, job security)

    1. family
    2. finance
    3. job security
    4. friends
    5. education

    Describe yourself in 3 words.
    joker, polite, and pogi... hahaha (it's a Filipino thing)

    Name 3 goals you have yet to achieve.
    - owning a house (townhouse will do)
    - 3some (yes, with 2 girls.. haha), yet I doubt that will happen at this point
    - slam dunk a basketball on regulation height

    Any last shout outz?
    Everything happens for a reason. I never regret anything I do, but i will deal with the consequences. What ever does not kill you can only make you stronger. I completely believe in karma!!!!!
    LoL i wonder who that would be

  10. #10
    Jr Member Tizmee24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    For 31 yrs old and got 1 kid thats not old ...LoL

    Im gonna be 31 this month and already have 2 kids (ruin my life a bit lmao) joke...

    It's nice to read something like this .. Good job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Jr Member malfunktion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Age
    26
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    it was actually koukid who put the thread to life again.. maybe he was just on "whats new" .

    Either way nice ride. However old the thread may be.

  12. #12
    Moderator cwp_sedan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    35
    Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Posts
    14,707
    Thanks
    483
    Thanked 246 Times in 142 Posts
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Yes I was mistaken. KoukiDC5 revived this thread, and not Tizmee24, but it was more about the fact that Tizmee24 has been making a lot of useless posts lately. At the time I thought this was another one of those. There was no need to turn this into something more. This thread is for p-o-g-i's spotlight, and that's all.

    I've opened this back up but I don't want to see any posts that don't relate to p-o-g-i's sick ride.

  13. #13
    Newbie KoukiDC5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Its acutally funny to see my old honda accord in the background (which i still have btw) along with my old Enkei RP01 in limited pearl its just too bad Chris sold those rims

  14. #14
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    So, I'm not sure how much of bad form it is to bump such an old thread, but I was lurking and thought it would be neat to ask p-o-g-i about this thread.

    You posted this in Feb of 2008. It's been about 4 and a half years since you posted this.

    [QUOTE=p-o-g-i;262262]Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Hopefully by that time I'll have my 2nd child and sell my condo and move into a town house. Not sure if I'll still be with Citrix.... but who knows with job security these days.

    Name 3 goals you have yet to achieve.
    - owning a house (townhouse will do)
    - 3some (yes, with 2 girls.. haha), yet I doubt that will happen at this point
    - slam dunk a basketball on regulation height/[QUOTE]

    What's the status of these?
    Black Mica Mazda3 SkyActive-GS, 6 speed manual.

  15. #15
    Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,807
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 531 Posts
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    This is the only time I encourage this ancient bump.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

  16. #16
    Sr Member peterm15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bradford
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,877
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 221 Times in 146 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    This is the only time I encourage this ancient bump.
    +1

  17. #17
    Lowered expectations. asyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    bradford ontario
    Age
    23
    Posts
    5,303
    Thanks
    1,497
    Thanked 299 Times in 211 Posts
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by peterm15 View Post
    +1
    +2
    2008 Mazda 3 Sport GS | aftermarket Headunit, RA mudflaps, fancy HVAC knobs, and 2-5 layers of wax at any given time. "Wax on Wax off" HELLA WAXED
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GS | mods TBA

  18. #18
    Moderator p-o-g-i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    'ssauga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,272
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 278 Times in 143 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    hahahahaha....... Wow, I forgot all about this.

    Well, for those inquiring minds......

    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Hopefully by that time I'll have my 2nd child and sell my condo and move into a town house. Not sure if I'll still be with Citrix.... but who knows with job security these days.

    Well, I've moved 2x since the condo (to a townhouse, then to a freehold linked townhouse).
    I've since left Citrix, and have worked for Compugen Inc. the last 2+ years as a Microsoft Consultant / Software Sales.



    Name 3 goals you have yet to achieve.
    - owning a house (townhouse will do) (check )
    - 3some (yes, with 2 girls.. haha), yet I doubt that will happen at this point (hahaha.. yeah right)
    - slam dunk a basketball on regulation height (hahaha... yeah right)

  19. #19
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by p-o-g-i View Post
    hahahahaha....... Wow, I forgot all about this.

    Well, for those inquiring minds......

    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Hopefully by that time I'll have my 2nd child and sell my condo and move into a town house. Not sure if I'll still be with Citrix.... but who knows with job security these days.

    Well, I've moved 2x since the condo (to a townhouse, then to a freehold linked townhouse).
    I've since left Citrix, and have worked for Compugen Inc. the last 2+ years as a Microsoft Consultant / Software Sales.



    Name 3 goals you have yet to achieve.
    - owning a house (townhouse will do) (check )
    - 3some (yes, with 2 girls.. haha), yet I doubt that will happen at this point (hahaha.. yeah right)
    - slam dunk a basketball on regulation height (hahaha... yeah right)
    Hey you work at Compugen over at 404 and 16th? Does a guy named Stuart still work there? I was a coop back in high school and worked there for a semester

  20. #20
    Moderator p-o-g-i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    'ssauga
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,272
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 278 Times in 143 Posts
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Hey you work at Compugen over at 404 and 16th? Does a guy named Stuart still work there? I was a coop back in high school and worked there for a semester
    What department did he work in? What was his role.

    Compugen has since moved to a new building on Via Renzo Dr., which is just off Leslie.... BETWEEN MAJOR Mac and Elgin Mills.

  21. #21
    Ass Raver 6strings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Milky Way
    Age
    31
    Ride
    Vespa
    Posts
    2,831
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked 510 Times in 313 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Member Spotlight- p-o-g-i

    This was a fun read.
    I'll put down all my mods here so people will know how cool I am!

Similar Threads

  1. Member Spotlight section
    By p-o-g-i in forum Site/Server issues and suggestions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 11:09 AM
  2. Member Spotlight #4 November 2007 - KOKKINO
    By MattC in forum Member Spotlight Section
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
  3. Welcome to the Member Spotlight Section
    By Broli in forum Member Spotlight Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •