Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A little ticked...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightfxgt View Post
    For sure Kev... its a give and take. I mean if you were the guy buying the $200 DVD player, wouldnt you want to know you could get it for $200 new?

Its a touchy subject, and I think for the most part its been pretty good on here, minus a couple of people.

If the mods/admins do allow comments on the items to be made, they should be the judge of them, and delete where necessary

-John
    Yes i agree i would want to know i can get it for $200 new, but thats up to me to do some research before i go ahead and buy the dvd player.
    2010 Subaru STI

Mods:
    Not enough room to list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's where I think the community helps one another. We are part of that research.

It's unfortunate that the seller is stuck with a DVD player they can only get $100 for, when they would like $200, but that's their problem. By allowing it to be sold without commentary, we're allowing the buyer to be ripped off.

We can't prevent the seller from having goods they can't sell for what they'd like to... but we didn't put them in that position in the first place. We can only protect buyers from ending up paying too much for something or ending up with something they shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i firmly agree that someone should be doing the research on an item b4 they buy it

however, if a trustworthy member of the club is selling something, i am prone to believe that the price they are offering is fair, because i already trust these people . . .

so i dont beleive it is only a buyer beware world on our forum.
    - Broli

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that its been suggested before, however I will bring it up again. Would it be beneficial to all parties that a BST/feedback rating be added to profiles as to allow purchasers to get an idea of whom they are dealing with? ie. someone with negative feedback will definitely have a difficult time selling items and all will know their standing and perhaps not even bother crapping on their sale as the feedback will speak for itself. Just my $0.02.

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats that "FS" OP about?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know about this already, I guess what I was getting at was a rating attached to the profile as used on other forums such as redflagdeals.com. As you and I both know, quite a few people on here don't like to, or don't know how to use the search function and would not come upon this. With what I am suggesting, you BST/feedback rating would appear by your avatar. Like I said, just my $0.02 (well, $0.04 now).

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sauga_kid View Post
    I know about this already, I guess what I was getting at was a rating attached to the profile as used on other forums such as redflagdeals.com. As you and I both know, quite a few people on here don't like to, or don't know how to use the search function and would not come upon this. With what I am suggesting, you BST/feedback rating would appear by your avatar. Like I said, just my $0.02 (well, $0.04 now).
    Yes i would have to agree with you there. On the 8th civic forum, every member have the itrader status under there name.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay.. I think a few of you guys/girls have posted some good points... I don't think its fair to flame or crap on someone's thread. I do agree that people on this forum for the most part are here to help more then hinder. However.. I agree in part with Kevin as well... If I'm asking too much money for a product and the buyer didn't research that's there issue.... not mine. bare in mind there are always those that will ask a higher price so that when they get lowballed they get what they were looking for.

I mean it's like buying a product at one store, but finding it cheaper an hour later someone else... if you didn't do the research its not the sellers fault just the buyers.. I think we should be able to discuss the product itself... but not the price... and as for certain individuals charging more money... for the most part it's usually those who take care of their parts better then others. so why not pay a little bit of a premium for a better product.

Everyone has their own idea of too much or a lousy product. I think we are entitle to our own opinions but at the same time.. I don't feel we should be shortchanging anyone whehter it be the seller or the buyer.

As for punishment I think this is something that should be considered and followed through on....

I also like sauga's idea... of having the rating near the avatar... could even be simple thumbs up/thumbs down...

Will
    "4 doors are better then 2, this way it's twice the zoom zoom"

That's Mr. APRIL NOOB 2 U

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, i think this thread has gotten slightly off-topic.

i don't have any problems criticizing someone's For Sale thread if the price is too high (in my opinion), or the product is crap (again, in my opinion).

i *do* have a problem with criticism being done harshly, rudely, or otherwise impolitely.
    There is a theory which states that a billion monkeys pounding on a billion keyboards will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.

Thanks to the Internet, we now know this theory is wrong.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, we should all make an effort at being nice to one another.

truckin' low
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people are very civil about it... seems to be the same ppl time and time again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well then if it's the same repeat offenders.. maybe the should be banned for a short period of time... or not be allowed to post in the for sale section?? Is this something that could be done mods??

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A round of bitch slapping seems appropriate to me.

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    A round of bitch slapping seems appropriate to me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that sums it up, I'm locking this up.

Suggestions throughout this thread are noted, and we are in the process of extending our moderation team.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12