Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Hortons Story

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tim Hortons Story

So to start off my story, my girlfriend has a hard time doing homwork at her house. So last night she decided to go to tim hortons to do her homework. I met up with her to enjoy a coffee, i leave to go the variety store (30 seconds from tim horotons) and i see her coming towards me. I asked her what was the problem and she said the manager came over and told her to leave cuz she had been sitting there for 20 mins. People in the tims were just wowed by this guys actions. This time horotons could probably fit about 80 people and there were about 2 in there. So we go back in and i buy a coffee (to renew for another 20 mins) sit there for a good 30 mins. My girlfriend was having a hard time with her homework, so the loving boyfriend that i am, gave her a small kiss, and i mean small. This guy storms over and says "GET OUT OF MY STORE, YOU ARE BEING DISRUPTIVE CUSTOMERS, GET OUT!!" and while he was saying this he's calling the cops, and before we could answer him he was already walking to the back of the store so we couldnt ask him why. The kids behind the counter her mouthing to us "hes such an ass." The cops came and told us to leave, not a big deal at all, my girlfriend has to go home anyway. Then when me and my girlfriend are out of the storm, look who decides to come out of his fort and suck up to the cops. When the cop was getting into her car i asked her "wtf is that guys problem?" And she said it was because i kissed my girlfriend. Has anyone else come across this problem? I was sooo pissed i couldnt believe it.

If you see a student sitting in your empty store, quiet as a mouse, trying to get through school why would you kick them out?!?! This guy must have been mad at the world. It was also a 24 hr time horotons.

Comments?
    Velocity Red Mica 2005 Mazda 3 GT:
    - Fujita 5 CAI - AEM Dry Flow Fliter - RX-8 Rims (Black)- Eibach prokits - Vibrant Strut Bar - Apexcone 6000k - Tints 35% front, 20% rear - Exedy Flywheel - Exedy Stage 1 Clutch - Hotchkis Front and Rear Sways - SPC Rear Camber arms - 3000K Fogs - SU Side Mounts - CPE Rear Mount

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tim Hortons Story

Wow...I study at timmies all the time...sometimes upwards of 3-5 hours. All I buy is a large coffee and maybe 10-20 timbits. I have never ever had this happen to me or even seen anyone get kicked out for staying too long. Where abouts are you? Every tims I go to in Markham has no problems like this.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thats absolutely ridiculous why would he be mad that you kissed your girl WTF ive been kicked out of Tims for chilling too long too though.... that doesnt happen a lot weird
    06 Brilliant Red Audi A3 S-Line
    -Red Calipers-20% Tint F/B-HID 6000K-
    Pictures

Ride
    Ralliart
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow what an ass, i would piss him off! Most places like these dont care how long you stay there as long as you use their service. Im a manager at mcd, I dont care if you stay there or a whole day, as long as you buy a coffee or something an dont disturb others. Like wtf he needs a life. I would maybe talk to the store manager. I barely ever complain, but I wouldnt go back either. Hope it didnt ruin your night!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your experience.

1. Call the Tim Horton's back and find out the the owners name. Not the manager but the owner of the franchise. Send the owner a letter letting him/her know what transpired and that you thought the manager had blown the situation completely out of proportion. The fact that the police were called was at best heavy handed.
    2. Never go back there and give them one cent of your money.

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange indeed. Which Tim's is this?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-mail Tim Horton corporate, if they give you a dumb reply. Toronto Star.
    http://www.timhortons.com/en/contact.html

Ride
    Ralliart
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh lets all of us go there inside hahaha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am never going back there, im in burlington its the one on walkers and uppermiddle. I would have argued with him till the cops came but he went and hid in the back. Im going to find the owners name and send him a nice complaint, and if he doesnt beileve me ill tell him to check the cameras to see if i made any attempt to disturbe customers or the manager.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.rabbit View Post
    Strange indeed. Which Tim's is this?
    Is it the one at Don Mills and Steeles? They asked me to leave once after 30 minutes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that blows.

The Tims in my area are generally nice, i study here all the time... 3-6 hours. Usually its empty they don't really mind.
    2015 Subaru WRX Sport / Dark Grey Metallic
    2007 Mazda3 Sport GS 2.3L / Crystal Pearl White / 5spd - rip

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
    Is it the one at Don Mills and Steeles? They asked me to leave once after 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    I am never going back there, im in burlington its the one on walkers and uppermiddle. I would have argued with him till the cops came but he went and hid in the back. Im going to find the owners name and send him a nice complaint, and if he doesnt beileve me ill tell him to check the cameras to see if i made any attempt to disturbe customers or the manager.
    I do'n think any markham ones did anything to me for studying 5 straight hours there.
    2010 Subaru STI

Mods:
    Not enough room to list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should have a meet inside. mwahaha..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are select tim hortons that will enforce the "no loitering" policy. They have signs posted up - you have to look hard, but they're around. They were kinda rude with you, and like everyone else, I've studied at timmies for up to 12 hours at a time (long story - final project, had to code 2,000 lines in one night), but i've also been asked to leave after 30 minutes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentJay View Post
    There are select tim hortons that will enforce the "no loitering" policy. They have signs posted up - you have to look hard, but they're around. They were kinda rude with you, and like everyone else, I've studied at timmies for up to 12 hours at a time (long story - final project, had to code 2,000 lines in one night), but i've also been asked to leave after 30 minutes.
    Yep there are signs in every store.

See the reality is, its all up to the manager. Technically, they ARE allowed to make you leave.

I guess at the same time though, it would just be nicer for them to well, be nicer rather than outright rude. but their property, they are the boss.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that messed up. I like studying at home in front of my computer for some reason.

Off topic, but what was the subject she was studying. Accounting? Math of Finance?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was studying english, and was on a laptop. In my complaint im going to tell them, if they are all about helping kids out (soccar, hockey, communities centers) why are they kicking working student out

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just don't give them your business anymore. There are enough Timmies around town to go to.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.rabbit View Post
    should have a meet inside. mwahaha..
    A meet?

Someone should plan an ORGY inside!

At the least, it would be fun to set up one of those flash mobs...

Have a whole crowd of people filter in and then, at a set time, everyone starts making out with their significant other. The poor bastard would have an aneurism!!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Weasel View Post

Have a whole crowd of people filter in and then, at a set time, everyone starts making out with their significant other.
    I've rented a movie like that once.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which one is it? Im gonna go with my gf and make out there . But good idea, lets do a meet there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that timmies is right near my house.
    its the wendy's/timmies isnt it?? if so, you shoulda moved over to the wendy's section haha.

on a side note, me and my classmates had bought some coffee once at a different timmies, and were drinking it outside the store. after about 5 minutes, we were asked to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    I guess I should also rename the Engine/Drivetrain section "Arts & Crafts"
    2007 Mazda3 gx
    2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary Edition
    2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
    2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Outdoorsman / 2012 Ducati Monster 796

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I hate when people go to timmies to do homework or study. If I'm out and about like that, I wouldn't get anything done. But still, I'd make that guys life a living hell if I were you. Don't know how just yet, but it would be fun!
    2012 Black Volkswagen GTI
    2007 CWP Mazdaspeed3
    1998 Black Honda Civic DX Hatch
    1993 Black Honda Civic LX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    So to start off my story, my girlfriend has a hard time doing homwork at her house. So last night she decided to go to tim hortons to do her homework. I met up with her to enjoy a coffee, i leave to go the variety store (30 seconds from tim horotons) and i see her coming towards me. I asked her what was the problem and she said the manager came over and told her to leave cuz she had been sitting there for 20 mins. People in the tims were just wowed by this guys actions. This time horotons could probably fit about 80 people and there were about 2 in there. So we go back in and i buy a coffee (to renew for another 20 mins) sit there for a good 30 mins. My girlfriend was having a hard time with her homework, so the loving boyfriend that i am, gave her a small kiss, and i mean small. This guy storms over and says "GET OUT OF MY STORE, YOU ARE BEING DISRUPTIVE CUSTOMERS, GET OUT!!" and while he was saying this he's calling the cops, and before we could answer him he was already walking to the back of the store so we couldnt ask him why. The kids behind the counter her mouthing to us "hes such an ass." The cops came and told us to leave, not a big deal at all, my girlfriend has to go home anyway. Then when me and my girlfriend are out of the storm, look who decides to come out of his fort and suck up to the cops. When the cop was getting into her car i asked her "wtf is that guys problem?" And she said it was because i kissed my girlfriend. Has anyone else come across this problem? I was sooo pissed i couldnt believe it.

If you see a student sitting in your empty store, quiet as a mouse, trying to get through school why would you kick them out?!?! This guy must have been mad at the world. It was also a 24 hr time horotons.

Comments?

We should have a big loud TM3 meet in his parking lot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see if the place was busy, or if she had been there for a couple hours without buying anything, but it definately sounds like he was unreasonable

like suggested.. contact Tim Hortons corporate. Even if they don't do anything.. they should at least know there is an ass representing their company and where he is
    2017 Mazda 3 GT Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast