Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 owners with corrosion issues; information here!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda3 owners with corrosion issues; information here!

Quote Originally Posted by cklwilliam View Post
    so... i contact mazda canada about the rust on both rear wheel well, this is their response..

Mr. William Chan,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Mazda Canada Inc. We encourage correspondence from our clients. The basic warranty on your vehicle is valid for 36 months /80 000km. You also have a warranty for perforation for 60 months /100 000 km. If you’re beyond these parameters, no other assistance will apply.

For any other questions, please contact our office directly at 1 800 263 4680 or visit www.mazda.ca.

Mazda Canada Inc.

so I'm guessing there is no chance for my 3 to be cover...?

Isn't the rust warranty suppose to be 6 yrs?
    Current: 2016 Lexus GS-F, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
    Past: 2015 Scion FRS 6MT, 2010 M3 E90 6MT, 2013 Scion FRS 6MT, 2005 Mazda 3 GT Hatch.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so... i contact mazda canada about the rust on both rear wheel well, this is their response..

Mr. William Chan,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Mazda Canada Inc. We encourage correspondence from our clients. The basic warranty on your vehicle is valid for 36 months /80 000km. You also have a warranty for perforation for 60 months /100 000 km. If you’re beyond these parameters, no other assistance will apply.

For any other questions, please contact our office directly at 1 800 263 4680 or visit www.mazda.ca.

Mazda Canada Inc.

so I'm guessing there is no chance for my 3 to be cover...?
    I would recommend calling Mazda and explaining you read that the rust for certain area on the car was extended to 6 years. Then see their response.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    I would recommend calling Mazda and explaining you read that the rust for certain area on the car was extended to 6 years. Then see their response.
    I will try again!!! hopefully they will fix it

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the certain areas that you mention about?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the certain areas that you mention about?
    The rear wheel wells, center brake light area, rear quarters where the plastic rear bumper and body join behind the rear wheels, not sure of other areas so think others will chime in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to share my experience so far. After reading the posts here, I brought my car to Agincourt Mazda on March 31st. Spoke to Lester, who's the only one that can do this rust check. He got his body shop guy to take some pictures and he said he would email them to Mazda Canada to get approved and get back to me in about a week.

On April 19th, I emailed him, seeing as I did not hear a response. He said he spoke to his body shop and they will have an answer for me on Wednesday (April 21st). Not quite sure what this has to do with his body shop as I thought Mazda Canada needs to do the approval.

I emailed him again on April 21st at the end of the day. No word from him so far. Getting a little frustrated with this, but I guess I'll wait some more.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in the same boat with Agincourt Mazda and I've been waiting over a month (the 16th of March) for approval from Mazda Canada.

I was told the same story over and over again ("We are expecting the results to be in tomorrow").

Adriana from the Service Department has been telling me the District Manager has to approve the rust claim ??!! From what I've been reading on here, Mazda Canada is supposed to be the one to approve it and that is what Lester had told me when I asked about the procedure for this rust claim.

I'm getting seriously frustrated waiting for an answer. I don't get why Adriana would tell me the District Manager has to approve it in order for the work order to be released. Is there something amiss here ?

Tomorrow I'm gonna drop by but this is denting my relationship with Agincourt Mazda.

Waiting game continues...

Good luck, eqlso. Let's take bets on who gets their rust claim results first lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eqlso View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience so far. After reading the posts here, I brought my car to Agincourt Mazda on March 31st. Spoke to Lester, who's the only one that can do this rust check. He got his body shop guy to take some pictures and he said he would email them to Mazda Canada to get approved and get back to me in about a week.

On April 19th, I emailed him, seeing as I did not hear a response. He said he spoke to his body shop and they will have an answer for me on Wednesday (April 21st). Not quite sure what this has to do with his body shop as I thought Mazda Canada needs to do the approval.

I emailed him again on April 21st at the end of the day. No word from him so far. Getting a little frustrated with this, but I guess I'll wait some more.
    email is not Lester's strong suit...Only way I've received response from him in the past was to call him. Frustrating, but just the way it is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzkaye729 View Post
    Adriana from the Service Department has been telling me the District Manager has to approve the rust claim ??!! From what I've been reading on here, Mazda Canada is supposed to be the one to approve it and that is what Lester had told me when I asked about the procedure for this rust claim.

I'm getting seriously frustrated waiting for an answer. I don't get why Adriana would tell me the District Manager has to approve it in order for the work order to be released. Is there something amiss here ?

Tomorrow I'm gonna drop by but this is denting my relationship with Agincourt Mazda.
    As I understand, the district manager is the one that approves, on behalf of Mazda Canada, any claims over $1,000. Most rust issues are going to be significantly over that amount. That does not excuse that lack of response though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ +1 It is usually the district manager that has the say in whether or not you'll be approved... I really can't see how you wouldn't be though. Certain dealerships seem to just pick and choose who they want to help out. It's really not fair, and Mazda Canada is ZERO help when it comes to this issue, according to them it's up to the district manager.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W.

As I understand, the district manager is the one that approves, on behalf of Mazda Canada, any claims over $1,000. Most rust issues are going to be significantly over that amount. That does not excuse that lack of response though.
    Maybe I'm just not understanding this procedure properly. When I first came in, I asked Lester to explain the procedure and he told me "his guy" at Mazda Canada has to take a look at the pictures and he will wait for an approval from him before a work order is released.

I emailed Lester too but I didn't see a response from him at all. Thought I'd try my luck by email but I never got a reply.

Finally called one day and spoke with Lester. Said he'd call me back in ten minutes while he walks on over to the body shop to see if the results are in. Never got a call back lol

Guess I will be waiting too.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdabetty
    ^ +1 It is usually the district manager that has the say in whether or not you'll be approved... I really can't see how you wouldn't be though. Certain dealerships seem to just pick and choose who they want to help out. It's really not fair, and Mazda Canada is ZERO help when it comes to this issue, according to them it's up to the district manager.
    Lol ! Well I guess I will wait some more. I just hope the warranty doesn't run out by the time I get the results hahaha.

It got me confused as Lester and Adriana were telling me conflicting information.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzkaye729 View Post
    Lol ! Well I guess I will wait some more. I just hope the warranty doesn't run out by the time I get the results hahaha.

It got me confused as Lester and Adriana were telling me conflicting information.
    I would still go in and follow up with Lester. If you don't get a response from lester, send Faizel(GM) an email(contact info here:http://www.agincourtmazda.com/contact.htm), and I'm sure you will receive a response.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

email is not Lester's strong suit...Only way I've received response from him in the past was to call him. Frustrating, but just the way it is.
    Thanks SFW. I'll try giving him a call tomorrow.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really weird, I got my rust repairs approved the same day. I took my car in to the dealer in the morning to get photos taken etc, and got a call back from them with an approval the same afternoon.
    CURRENT: 2009 Subaru Impreza STI | 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD | 2009 BMW X5 3.5d
    GONE: Apparently too many cars to list in the signature....

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenma188
    That is really weird, I got my rust repairs approved the same day. I took my car in to the dealer in the morning to get photos taken etc, and got a call back from them with an approval the same afternoon.
    Where did you take the car get looked at ? It better not be Agincourt lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA, Probart Mazda in London.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just called mazda canada.

They said yes there is extented warranty on the cars, but it's "up to" the dealer to say yes or not to fix it...
    and she told me my car was purchase January 16 2004, so the warranty is expired for 3 months.... #$(^%#*$^(#$
    Should I still go into dealer at london and try? or call couple other dealer and see what they can do?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just called mazda canada.

They said yes there is extented warranty on the cars, but it's "up to" the dealer to say yes or not to fix it...
    and she told me my car was purchase January 16 2004, so the warranty is expired for 3 months.... #$(^%#*$^(#$
    Should I still go into dealer at london and try? or call couple other dealer and see what they can do?
    I believe it is up to Mazda Canada if your car will be repaired not the dealer. The dealer still needs to get approval for the repairs under warranty in fact any repairs under warranty needs Mazdas approval.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update. Got my claim approved. Car is going into Agincourt Mazda to be fixed up on May 17th. Takes 5 days and they only accept appointments for this on Mondays. Can't wait this is all fixed!

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to probart with Stevenma , =( they wont even accept mine... it's out of warranty for 3 months, #@$@

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought a 2005 Mazda 3 sedan with rust on rear doors (vertical trim piece next to window). It appears the rust is pushing out from below the trim. Does anyone else have this issue and would this be covered by the extended warranty.

thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say go in and at least talk to your local Mazda dealer service manager. If it is a 2005, it should still be within warranty. Not sure if that vertical part is covered, as the warranty is for paint, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vertical part is the door pillars, and they are part of the warranty. As suggested, go in and talk to a dealer.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The vertical part is the door pillars, and they are part of the warranty. As suggested, go in and talk to a dealer.
    thanks. I will give it a try and tell you how it went.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast