Thread: CEL - Code # P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CEL - Code # P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

I recently got a CEL on my 2006 Mazda 3 GT Sedan. I went out and bought a CAN OBD2 code reader from crappy tire and after running it I received a P0113 code for Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input. Does anyone know what exactly this means?? What could be causing it and how I would be able to fix it?

I have an AEM CAI and a Buddyclub Grounding it, could one of these be causing this CEL to come on? Ive had the intake for about 2 years now and the grounding kit I installed about a month ago, is it possible that I did not install the grounding kit correctly? but why no CEL until now?

I have taken out the MAF sensor and cleaned it with Electrical Cleaner waited for it to dry then went for a drive and all was well for about 10 mins then all of a sudden the CEL came on again so I hooked up my reader and same code came up - p0113

my car is still under warranty but I really dont want to take it to Mazda of Brampton...anyone know a good dealership that deals with modded cars and doesnt blame everything on the mods?

Any help would be GREATLY!!!! appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Gil

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CEL - Code # P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

I found this thread when I used the search function, it might provide some clues:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ighlight=P0113

your MAF sensor wiring perhaps??
    2011 MazdaSpeed3 - Velocity Red Mica

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: CEL - Code # P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

According to the manual P0113 is a high voltage reading from the IAT, which could be either a IAT malfunction or connector/terminal problem with either the IAT or MAF or a short or open circuit in the harness between the IAT and MAF.

Best thing since your under warranty is have the dealer deal with it and don't tell them you've had the MAF apart to clean it.They shouldn't give you a problem about the intake since it has worked fine for 2 years.

Good luck and let us know what the fault is when its done....thanks.

_3

Last edited by Flagrum_3; 06-29-2008 at 07:44 AM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

I took my car into Mazda of Brampton and they took a look at it and said that I need a new wiring harness. Apparently the wiring harness for the IAT and MAF shorted out or a wire was malfunctioning. The harness and the repairs is all covered under warranty thanks to me getting the extended warranty when I bought the car.

The harness is not in stock and needs to be ordered in which will take about a week so I have a rental.

I hope everything will work great after the harness is put in.

Thanks for your concern!!

P.S. I'll let you know how every works after I get the car back

Gil

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know its a little late but just wanted to say that my car is working great now with no CEL!

New harness fixed everything

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news, what was the cause and fix?
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
    Good news, what was the cause and fix?
    3GFX Whats going on?, new girlfriend got your brains scrambled already?...Please read post #4 & #5, ...thank-you ;-)

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, I read number 5 overlooking number 4.

Ah vell, either way glad to hear its still running well without issue. I wonder if the new model 3 will have better connections or lengths of wire for the MAF it seems to be the root of many issues.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: CEL - Code # P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input

Quote Originally Posted by Gil13 View Post
    I recently got a CEL on my 2006 Mazda 3 GT Sedan. I went out and bought a CAN OBD2 code reader from crappy tire and after running it I received a P0113 code for Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input. Does anyone know what exactly this means?? What could be causing it and how I would be able to fix it?

I have an AEM CAI and a Buddyclub Grounding it, could one of these be causing this CEL to come on? Ive had the intake for about 2 years now and the grounding kit I installed about a month ago, is it possible that I did not install the grounding kit correctly? but why no CEL until now?

I have taken out the MAF sensor and cleaned it with Electrical Cleaner waited for it to dry then went for a drive and all was well for about 10 mins then all of a sudden the CEL came on again so I hooked up my reader and same code came up - p0113

my car is still under warranty but I really dont want to take it to Mazda of Brampton...anyone know a good dealership that deals with modded cars and doesnt blame everything on the mods?

Any help would be GREATLY!!!! appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Gil
    This post is making me dizzy - CEL,CAN OBD2, PO113, AEM, CAI, MAF - Holly `.. - what exactly do you mean !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malam View Post
    This post is making me dizzy - CEL,CAN OBD2, PO113, AEM, CAI, MAF - Holly `.. - what exactly do you mean !
    CEL - Check Engine Light
    CAN OBD2 - A device that scans for probs on your car
    P0113 - problem code (this certain code is related to your intake / maf sensors)
    AEM - Brand name (assuming its the CAI part)
    CAI - Central Air Intake
    MAF - Mass Air Flow