Thread: Future Shop or car audio shop?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Future Shop or car audio shop?

Hi

I just bough my MAZDA 3 and I want to add four infinity speakers I bought from future shop a while back and my Alpine amp.

Should I do it on future shop or should I go to sound car shop?

If the answer is a car sound shop. What car sound shop in Toronto do you recommend?

Thanks

Alex

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Future Shop or car audio shop?

DO NOT go to Futureshop. It all depends on the installer but usually are far more inexperienced than those at a shop. Check out some ouf our sponsers that deal with car audio.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/fo...play.php?f=115

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks cwp_sedan,

Which of those sponsors are on DT Toronto?

Alex

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each sponsor has contact information to which you can call them or pm them to see if they are on DT Toronto.
    As a newbie, in the future please post in the correct section as this section has to do with Mazdaspeed 3's.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yearoftherat, I knew that before I posted the question

Thanks any way

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Futureshop installs generally work, but if you ever look under the covers its a mess.

I do most of my audio work myself but when I don't I go here http://www.12volt.ca/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Dave_The_BMXER, I will look into that

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBA View Post
    yearoftherat, I knew that before I posted the question

Thanks any way
    You knew that each sponsor had contact information or that they were on DT Toronto OR that you posted in the wrong section.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that could have click on any of the banners and fallow the link until I get their contact info or I could have copy the name showing on the banners, into a search engine and find their contact info that way.

I didn't came to this forum because you have those banners there with your sponsor, I could have done with a google search.

I posted this question to get people subjection base on their personal experience or opinions or what they may have heard from others that deal with this situation before.

Again thanks any way and keep selling your sponsor, good for you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that could have click on any of the banners and fallow the link until I get their contact info or I could have copy the name showing on the banners, into a search engine and find their contact info that way.

I didn't came to this forum because you have those banners there with your sponsor, I could have done with a google search.

I posted this question to get people subjection base on their personal experience or opinions or what they may have heard from others that deal with this situation before.

All our sponsors have feedback posted, you can have easily done a little bit of reading and checked out there feedback.
    Without our sponsors this board would not exist. How do you think we pay for the software and hosting costs?
    All we ask, is you spend 5 or 6 extra minutes, and look around the board, maybe run a search or two. If you can't find what you are looking for, people are happy to help.
    You should also try treating people with respect.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you should have stuck to doing your google search. You will find that the majority of the forum members here support our sponsors and will recommend them due to past experience dealing with them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S.F.W. I did browsed many pages of the pages in this forum before I posted my question.

Is great that you have sponsors and I was ready now to say thanks to you for your reply on the other thread about the cruised control, if a sponsor is doing what I want and he is good at it I'm totally ok with going with that place to support the forum.

but I'm not ok with some one trying to answer my question like yearoftherat did by saying something like, click on all this banners and find who does it.

I'm part of many forums for many things I'm into, not just cars and I have never experience people pushing their sponsor so aggressively

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yearoftherat View Post
    Then you should have stuck to doing your google search. You will find that the majority of the forum members here support our sponsors and will recommend them due to past experience dealing with them.
    yearoftherat good for you that you end up with sponsors that are so good at whatever service they offer. I my self like to ask around before I go to a place and I don't usually do it just because some one that has economic interest is telling me they are the best for what I need.

I don't usually just buy things from a particular shop just because they advertised on my favorite TV show.

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I my self like to ask around before I go to a place and I don't usually do it just because some one that has economic interest is telling me they are the best for what I need.

I don't usually just buy things from a particular shop just because they advertised on my favorite TV show.
    It's good to ask around before you go to a place. I do the same thing too if its a type of service or goods I'm not too familiar with. We as member get discounts for good and services provided by the sponsors. the sponsors get our support via word of mouth and they continue to sponsor the forum..its a win-win for all.

In regards to you previous post re: clicking on banners to see what they do, you originally asked cwp_sedan if any of them were on DT Toronto. All I suggested was to contact the sponsors themselves to see if they were on DT.
    Last edited by yearoftherat; 07-01-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear god... do not under any circumstances let those FS noobs touch your car. I learned my lesson my CRX when i had them install 4 speakers and an alarm system. They cracked the grill for the front speaker but wouldn't own up to it, and all the wiring was visible. I could have lived with that, but the screwed up the alarm so bad that the alarm would randomly go off in the middle of the night (in a closed garage), it would go off while I was driving and nothing, i mean nothing would turn the stupid alarm off. after about 10 minutes it would turn itself off. I was back and forth at FS for a few days trying to get it straightened out, they kept trying to "workaround" the problem but failed every time.

In the end I told them to take the alarm out and refund my money only they refused to refund the $100 labour charge... that would be fine had the properly done the labour I paid them to do!!! I ended up having to argue w/ the stupid store manager for over 2 hours and finally got my way. I'll never let them near any of my cars again.

thanks for letting me vent.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FS - No
    Sound car shop - Yes (reputable one)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, Any name of a particular shop in the DT toronto area?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the two or three best car audio shops in Toronto?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avoid Futureshop. Go to Sidds Radio www.siddsradio.com (Dufferin and Steeles). You would not be disappointed. Prolly one of the best in the GTA.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the two or three best car audio shops in Toronto?
    I don't know of any audio shops down town. Audio Heaven and Selective Sound, I have seen there work first hand, know it is quality.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can also check out Number 1 Audio , a friend of mine did his co-op term there , so you can say Big tom sent you or Thomas so u get like a 10 percent discount, its small but better then nothing, i was also looking into futureshop and best buy for my audio system + install but iam not sure how much experience they have, the benefit of the them is that they give you a good long warranty

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the problem with big box stores, they have many inexpereinced installers that have just started in the field and they really have no quality control in the install bay. I do know this as I have hired a few different installers that have worked at the big box stores and have heard the horror stories. It's not that the guys at the big box aren't any good, they just don't have anyone back there to show the proper way of doing things, so they kind of just wing it.
    WE CARRY: AUDIO CONTROL -
    CLARION - KICKER - ECLIPSE - VIPER - POLK AUDIO - KAPTION - KENWOOD - db DRIVE - ROCKFORD FOSGATE - FOCAL - ORION - US AMPS - ROSEN - COMPUSTAR- RE AUDIO - DIGITAL DESIGNS - MOREL

PROUD TO BE AN IASCA CERTIFIED SHOP

www.selectivesound.net

EST.1994

LIFETIME WARRANTY ON ALL OUR INSTALLATIONS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by selective sound View Post
    Here is the problem with big box stores, they have many inexpereinced installers that have just started in the field and they really have no quality control in the install bay. I do know this as I have hired a few different installers that have worked at the big box stores and have heard the horror stories. It's not that the guys at the big box aren't any good, they just don't have anyone back there to show the proper way of doing things, so they kind of just wing it.
    even though I don't have any experience I could totally believe this.. I wouldn't go with Future Shop.. I'd rather go with one of the sponsors here..
    Dave

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a deck installed in my Dad's car (purchased a deck & install was free) at Futureshop a couple of years ago. A couple of months later it was stolen. The problem was that none of the screws that keep the deck on the frame were installed, so the deck could pretty much slide in and out, which is exactly how the deck was stolen. Unfortunately I found this out too late, as I was installing an old deck back in the car. With that said, and probably many other stories, I'd avoid Futureshop & other big box stores. I don't know if anyone heard about that guy who had a navi unit installed in his brand new Si, and they hacked up the car, cutting heater paths and other unbelievable stuff. They didn't want to take any ownership for the shitty work. There's almost no accountability, so I'd stick with quality shops like Audio Heaven.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with NOT going to FS or BB. Audio heaven is what I'd recommend. Great service and price. I took my uncle's highlander in and had a deck installed there, in and out in about 1Hr. Give Jeff a ring....
    2007 mazdaspeed 3 -True Red.. Gone but not forgotten. Current 2013 Pearl white speed 3 w/tech. pkg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast