Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 149

Thread: Details on Corrosion repairs (ZoomZoom Girl's car)

  1. #51
    Sr Member RedRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Parkdale
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 54 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Sad to hear you are going to be trading it in, however I completely understand the whole ordeal you just went through with rust and would rather move on. I'm celebrating 4 years with my WB hatch myself and I'm happy to report I don't have any indications of rust. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones and I would never want to go through what you just went through with your car. Having said that, I am glad you fought all the way to the end and having this resolved should be an accomplishment for all Mazda3 owners.

    Any chance you'd selling your Premium black/blue floor mats? Its only right, they end up in another WB. haha.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| 13 Years Of Ownership| Factory 2.3L & 4AT @ 375,000 km

  2. #52
    Sr Member RedRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Parkdale
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 54 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    So that people don't get the wrong idea. I've had my car sprayed annually by Rustcheck since Day #2. I'm not saying Rustcheck works over Krown, but so far its worked for me.

  3. #53
    Member Go_Habs_Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,761
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Hi Lynne!

    Congrats on getting the car and having (most) of the work completed! Once again you perservered and got the work on your vehicle done to your satisfaction.

    Sorry to hear you are going to trade in your vehicle but I understand completely!!

    Good luck with getting the rest of the repairs completed.

  4. #54
    Member x_o_k_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    30
    Ride
    Ralliart
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    No its not, from all this trouble you had to go through are you still getting the 3? And just wandering did you buy this car used? maybe if you were the first owner and took better care of it, rust wouldnt appear on the surface as much or even at all.

  5. #55
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaptor View Post
    Sad to hear you are going to be trading it in, however I completely understand the whole ordeal you just went through with rust and would rather move on. I'm celebrating 4 years with my WB hatch myself and I'm happy to report I don't have any indications of rust. I am hoping I am one of the lucky ones and I would never want to go through what you just went through with your car. Having said that, I am glad you fought all the way to the end and having this resolved should be an accomplishment for all Mazda3 owners.

    Any chance you'd selling your Premium black/blue floor mats? Its only right, they end up in another WB. haha.
    Oh I'm open to anything. If it wouldn't cost me a small fortune, I'd put the cargo tray and winter rims up for grabs too! I can't even remember where I got my premium mats from. Not my local dealership since they didn't even know they existed. Might have been through Dave Wood Mazda. Anyhow, they do add alot of pep to the otherwise very dark interior of the car and yes, they are a perfect match to the blue dots on the seats, if that matters to you that is! Oh and the Zoom-Zoom license frames are a nice touch too....hmmm....wheels are turning.
    Last edited by ZoomZoom Girl; 08-27-2008 at 12:27 PM.
    Sept 24/08 - Traded in 2004 Mazda3 Sport GT auto (Winning Blue) for 2009 Honda Fit Sport auto (Orange Revolution) due to paint/rust issue and sub-par dealership experience

  6. #56
    Member Go_Habs_Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,761
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Update on ZoomZoom Girl's car corrosion

    Thanks again for perservering with this, it really does help the other Mazda 3 owners who have similar issues with their vehicles!!

  7. #57
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Habs_Go View Post
    Hi Lynne!

    Congrats on getting the car and having (most) of the work completed! Once again you perservered and got the work on your vehicle done to your satisfaction.

    Sorry to hear you are going to trade in your vehicle but I understand completely!!

    Good luck with getting the rest of the repairs completed.
    Thanks. Just one more door jamb to get refinished and I'm there! Well that and getting my brake light switch adjusted/replaced. Never ends! Figures this whole ordeal would end with just one more repair, 3 weeks before I trade in. At least the next owner will be sure that the car will be in tip top shape, for now!

  8. #58
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by x_o_k_x View Post
    No its not, from all this trouble you had to go through are you still getting the 3? And just wandering did you buy this car used? maybe if you were the first owner and took better care of it, rust wouldnt appear on the surface as much or even at all.
    First owner. Had to order the car from Japan since the Winning Blue was not available anywhere at the time (May 2004). The car was Krown rustproofed within 4 months and yearly since then. That's my whole point with launching my campaign....from an ownership perspective, nothing else could have been done to prevent the paint issues. It clearly is due to a manufacturing defect although Mazda Canada is sticking to it's "rock chip defense" for all its worth. Their issuing AWA (after warranty assistance) for the rear panel rusting is proof that they know it's not due to owner negligence.....

  9. #59
    Sr Member RedRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Parkdale
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 54 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Girl View Post
    Oh I'm open to anything. If it wouldn't cost me a small fortune, I'd put the cargo tray and winter rims up for grabs too! I can't even remember where I got my premium mats from. Not my local dealership since they didn't even know they existed. Might have been through Dave Wood Mazda. Anyhow, they do add alot of pep to the otherwise very dark interior of the car and yes, they are a perfect match to the blue dots on the seats, if that matters to you that is! Oh and the Zoom-Zoom license frames are a nice touch too....hmmm....wheels are turning.
    PM me when its time. Trust me...my interior is just like yours...I still remember the days when I first got the car and you were on M3F posting about the blue interior parts.

  10. #60
    Member mazda lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,742
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by x_o_k_x View Post
    No its not, from all this trouble you had to go through are you still getting the 3? And just wandering did you buy this car used? maybe if you were the first owner and took better care of it, rust wouldnt appear on the surface as much or even at all.
    what are you talking about. Maybe she did take good care of her car. What happened to her car would have happened to any car that has cheap Chinese steel and very thin paint. The only way her problem could have not happened is if she kept it in a garage and never had driven it at all for the last 4 years. I keep saying it rust proofing and a coat of wax every 6 months will not prevent surface rust. My car is 3 years old, 2005 has not been winter driven, not a speak of salt. Washed every week during the summer and waxed every 6 months, always garaged never left outside over night and you know what I still have rust, bubbling on the inner rear wheel wells and on the inner front driver door edge and rear passenger door inner edge. I have seen some in parking lots with rust. So be prepared you might experience the same. Oh by the way I have 1 stone chip on my hood and no rust showing there yet.

  11. #61
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Amazing, compared to what it was before, the paint looks amazing.
    Congrats on getting your car fixed. I had a body shop do that same thing to my side sill, I don't know why it would be hard to get it off without damaging it. They replaced mine with a new one because it just looked ridiculous.
    I think it's a wise decision to get rid of the car as soon as all your items are taken car of.

    You have PM Lynne.

  12. #62
    Member x_o_k_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    30
    Ride
    Ralliart
    Posts
    2,160
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda lover View Post
    what are you talking about. Maybe she did take good care of her car. What happened to her car would have happened to any car that has cheap Chinese steel and very thin paint. The only way her problem could have not happened is if she kept it in a garage and never had driven it at all for the last 4 years. I keep saying it rust proofing and a coat of wax every 6 months will not prevent surface rust. My car is 3 years old, 2005 has not been winter driven, not a speak of salt. Washed every week during the summer and waxed every 6 months, always garaged never left outside over night and you know what I still have rust, bubbling on the inner rear wheel wells and on the inner front driver door edge and rear passenger door inner edge. I have seen some in parking lots with rust. So be prepared you might experience the same. Oh by the way I have 1 stone chip on my hood and no rust showing there yet.
    I didnt ask if you have any rust. As for her problem I wanted to know the history of her car and her opinion. As well as if she was the first owner, since I was wandering the cars condition. So dont get so PMSing here, its not the place to do it

  13. #63
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,352
    Thanks
    543
    Thanked 152 Times in 100 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by mazda lover View Post
    what are you talking about. Maybe she did take good care of her car. What happened to her car would have happened to any car that has cheap Chinese steel and very thin paint. The only way her problem could have not happened is if she kept it in a garage and never had driven it at all for the last 4 years. I keep saying it rust proofing and a coat of wax every 6 months will not prevent surface rust. My car is 3 years old, 2005 has not been winter driven, not a speak of salt. Washed every week during the summer and waxed every 6 months, always garaged never left outside over night and you know what I still have rust, bubbling on the inner rear wheel wells and on the inner front driver door edge and rear passenger door inner edge. I have seen some in parking lots with rust. So be prepared you might experience the same. Oh by the way I have 1 stone chip on my hood and no rust showing there yet.
    You should read before you post..she all ready answered x_k_o_x
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

  14. #64
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by Olestra View Post
    Amazing, compared to what it was before, the paint looks amazing.
    Congrats on getting your car fixed. I had a body shop do that same thing to my side sill, I don't know why it would be hard to get it off without damaging it. They replaced mine with a new one because it just looked ridiculous.
    I think it's a wise decision to get rid of the car as soon as all your items are taken car of.

    You have PM Lynne.
    Thanks. My side sills were pretty bad but they fixed them, somehow. I don't know how the smoothed out the gouges but they must have sanded the entire side sills since the rough bits (blasted over the years with road rocks) are all smooth now. They also repainted. Anyhow, they look like new so total replacement is not necessary. For anyone getting their rear door trim done (most of the "older" years have rust there), the body shop must remove the side sills. Be sure to closely examine when you get your car back and insist on their patching them up, if any damage is apparent.

    As per your request, pictures of my bumper gap prior to their reinstalling this on Tuesday:




  15. #65
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by x_o_k_x View Post
    I didnt ask if you have any rust. As for her problem I wanted to know the history of her car and her opinion. As well as if she was the first owner, since I was wandering the cars condition. So dont get so PMSing here, its not the place to do it
    Guess you haven't been around for a while hey? Massive thread here which is stickied so not sure how you could have missed it: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25439

    If you would have read my first post, you'd know my entire history with the car. I get the "oh, you must have done something wrong" bit all the time so I can relate to mazdalover's stance. Alot of my group members also go through the same with their dealerships, trying for weeks/months now to get the costly repairs covered. It's always "well that's all rock chip damage so no coverage". Gets old after a while.

    Just wanted to let you know that many of us dealing with this have gone through alot so let's not get snippy ok? It's been a long haul and you should just count yourself very lucky you haven't gone through this (yet)...

    Lynne

  16. #66
    Jr Member 06Touring3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    970
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    he even posted in that thread lol

    but Lynne I have to say good job on fighting...you're like a martyr now haha...i'm going to be keepinga close eye on my car now that I've seen multiple people are getting rust in generally the same area......*sigh* it's like owning a civic all over again lol
    '06-3iTE-5Spd
    TWM|EBC|Prolumen|Simota|Progress|Fast

    20%-Tint|Broken-Fogs|Indy-Fogs|Moldingless|Stubby

  17. #67
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Oh don't you dare start on Honda. Um, that may be one of the 2 options I'm considering for a new car. Shhhh! Nothing against Mazda but I am SO out.

    I was fed up having to wait 3 months to get my car into the body shop. THEN I find the damaged side sills, improperly installed bumper, unfinished door jambs, AND my brake lights/cruise don't work right. So all of that bumped my level of aggravation up to a whole new level. THEN I have to wait 11 days to get touch up done...not impressed with having to wait so long for them to repair their own mistakes!

    The ultimate level of frustration was achieved 2 days ago when I checked their repairs and noted that one of the rear door jambs was not done....oh another 9 day wait! That was the only time I slightly snapped. The body shop manager is going on holidays and wanted me to wait another week on top of that, for his return. I just said "this has been going on for 4 months now...I just want my car properly fixed NOW!" He then quickly mentioned that his own daughter is a Biologist too (my profession) to change the subject.

    Sorry, one more level of frustration. I go to my Mazda dealership after my visit to the body shop to inquire about my brake lights/cruise issue and about my warranty booklet. Yes, they put it in another owner's car 2 months ago and it never turned up! I wanted a new one made up but there was a delay since Mazda no longer produces 2004 booklet. ANYHOW, they finally made this up for me but for some odd reason it was given to the dealership manager who is, you guessed it, on holidays right now! I could have belted someone at that point.

    Well, I'm expecting to be trading in within the next 3 weeks so I SHOULD have all repairs done and my warranty booklet by then. Really, this has been my personal "Odyssey" but at least I hope everyone else gets to benefit from the massive effort I had to put forth to get to this point...

    Lynne

  18. #68
    Member Go_Habs_Go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,761
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Girl View Post
    Oh don't you dare start on Honda. Um, that may be one of the 2 options I'm considering for a new car. Shhhh! Nothing against Mazda but I am SO out.

    I was fed up having to wait 3 months to get my car into the body shop. THEN I find the damaged side sills, improperly installed bumper, unfinished door jambs, AND my brake lights/cruise don't work right. So all of that bumped my level of aggravation up to a whole new level. THEN I have to wait 11 days to get touch up done...not impressed with having to wait so long for them to repair their own mistakes!

    The ultimate level of frustration was achieved 2 days ago when I checked their repairs and noted that one of the rear door jambs was not done....oh another 9 day wait! That was the only time I slightly snapped. The body shop manager is going on holidays and wanted me to wait another week on top of that, for his return. I just said "this has been going on for 4 months now...I just want my car properly fixed NOW!" He then quickly mentioned that his own daughter is a Biologist too (my profession) to change the subject.

    Sorry, one more level of frustration. I go to my Mazda dealership after my visit to the body shop to inquire about my brake lights/cruise issue and about my warranty booklet. Yes, they put it in another owner's car 2 months ago and it never turned up! I wanted a new one made up but there was a delay since Mazda no longer produces 2004 booklet. ANYHOW, they finally made this up for me but for some odd reason it was given to the dealership manager who is, you guessed it, on holidays right now! I could have belted someone at that point.

    Well, I'm expecting to be trading in within the next 3 weeks so I SHOULD have all repairs done and my warranty booklet by then. Really, this has been my personal "Odyssey" but at least I hope everyone else gets to benefit from the massive effort I had to put forth to get to this point...

    Lynne


    Wow, I can understand the level of frustration you must be feeling!! Try to keep it together a little bit longer, you've been through 4 months of aggravation and you're almost there...a few more weeks and the ordeal will be over with!!!!!

    Good luck with whatever the next car turns out to be!

    And thanks again for keeping us updated on all the developments.

  19. #69
    Member whiteomega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Glad to hear you got your car back, and to know they did a good job with it.

    It does suck about all the other "comedy of errors" stuff (for lack of a better term) that's happened related to the repairs. I get frustrated enough going in for oil changes at the dealership only to see my car sit outside in the parking lot for an hour before someone pulls it in...


    ..another story, for another time.
    There is a theory which states that a billion monkeys pounding on a billion keyboards will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.

    Thanks to the Internet, we now know this theory is wrong.

  20. #70
    Member stormin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kitchener
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    glad to see you got your car back lynne, looks brand new now.
    Falken FK-452 | 225-45R18 | Konig Hotswap |35% Tints| Greddy TT| Cobb Sri| Cobb Shifter| Cobb AP Stage 2| BC Coilovers | Cobb Shifter Weight| Cobb Inlet Pipe |TS BOV |Dashhawk| COBB FMIC |CPE MM|CPE TBE| NRG ETD|
    STILL TO COME: |Whatever I can get my hands on before she kills me|
    2003 Blue Yamaha R6
    Pazzo shorty levers|Hindle exhaust|flush mount turn signals|Fender eliminator|Smoked windscreen|8000k HID




  21. #71
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom Girl View Post
    As per your request, pictures of my bumper gap prior to their reinstalling this on Tuesday:

    Thanks for the pic. Grrr, mine looks like that as well and I could have sworn before that it wasn't like that.
    I did get rear ended on my car though.
    They continually tried to convince me that the bumper was supposed to be like that. I finally gave up. I looked at a brand new 07 at the time and it was definitely not like that.
    Let me know if they are able to get your bumper gap fixed.

  22. #72
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Winning Blue is back!!! (post repair pics)

    Thanks for all the compliments on the car! Yes, it really does look brand new. Added bonus was that my previously sand-blasted side sills (super rough at ends) are now totally refinished, free of charge! Up side of them gouging the sills and my forcing them to repair their mistake.

    They did fix that gap on my rear bumper. Apparently one of the pins was not pushed in all the way. They removed the bumper and reinstalled so all is well now. Note that there is a bit of a gap still, which I'm sure was always there. Can someone else check theirs and let us know if that rear bumper is supposed to be totally flush with the "black part" (don't know technical term) on the trunk? I'd be curious to know as well...

  23. #73
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry Ok, I'm losing it again!

    So the week started quite badly with the body shop missing yet another spot to fix and Mazda not knowing what was wrong with my lights/cruise. Today things were going great when I found out the new car I'll likely be purchasing would be offered in the color I like and will be available a couple of weeks early. Great! I was told I'd get my warranty booklet back today and was booked for next Thursday to get the last of the work done to my car's paint. Perfect timing!

    Not so fast....go into Mazda to pick up my car which I'd dropped off to have them fix the lights/cruise issue. Bonus - no charge! Only $6 fix so I didn't have to pay a cent and the problem is now fixed. Then I get my new warranty booklet. Fabulous! Well, get to the car, open it up and there is NOTHING written in it. Seriously, did they think I just wanted the book itself and not the data that is supposed to be in it? So I go back in, my level of "I am SO fed up" rapidly escalating but trying to maintain my diplomacy. I show the Service Manager the empty pages and he looks at me like "what???" Then I say "well, what I WANT is the record of my maintenance history with this dealership...an empty book is useless to me." To which he says "I'll have to go back in the Archives" like I am SO inconveniencing him. Freaken bozo. Sorry, given the past 4 months and all that dealership has put me through that was the last thing I needed. Now I'll have to keep on him daily to make sure this gets done ASAP. For reference, they lost my warranty booklet on June 24 so we're talking over 2 months ago!

    THEN I get back to work to find a message for me from the body shop. Don't you know it, their "top painter" is off next week so my appointment has been pushed back to September 10th. For reference on THAT fiasco of a situation, I got my car back on Friday August 15th after 11 days of paint repairs. I called immediately to report the damaged side sills, improperly installed bumper, lights/cruise not working, and unfinished rear door jambs. Took 11 days to get in this Tuesday for these fixes but, gosh darn it, they forgot to do one door jamb. Now this means another 15 days to get EVERYTHING done. All told, it took me 3 months to get the car in the body shop in the first place then another month after that to have them fix their $%#*( mistakes. Holy cow I'm so fed up! To put things in perspective, I DON'T get fed up so my level of frustration right now is through the roof.

    Well, I can take strength in the fact that my case is likely the worse case scenario for dealing with paint issues on a Mazda3. Except of course for those whose claims were refused altogether or are still waiting. For the cases which WERE approved, I'd say mine takes the cake for how not to handle this situation.

    Ok, done venting. Just thought I'd share....

    Lynne

  24. #74
    Sr Member 3GFX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,238
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Details on Corrosion repairs (ZoomZoom Girl's car)

    Its official, I've got rust and bubbling in thesame area's on my car. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow.

    I'm starting to get real tired of the little problems with the car. Creaks and rattles and small little issues that have really turned me off the car. Hopefully a good experience at the dealership will change my opinion.




    I may part out my car at the end of this year and put it up for sale, so keep your eyes open.
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

  25. #75
    Sr Member Soyabean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,150
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Details on Corrosion repairs (ZoomZoom Girl's car)

    OMG, tell me about it. The little noises are pissing me off on my car. I cant stand it. Whereabouts are you rusting dave?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mazda3 owners with corrosion issues; information here!
    By ZoomZoom Girl in forum Problems with the Mazda3
    Replies: 915
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 03:22 PM
  2. The conern about modding (question and answers)
    By Kevin@nextmod in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
  3. PROJECT E.R.A.S.E. - Are your mods legal?
    By Cardinal Fang in forum Frequently Asked Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
  4. Mazda of Toronto Review
    By akz in forum Dealership Experience
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •