Thread: AP Stage 1+SF Map Test Lap Times

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AP Stage 1+SF Map Test Lap Times

Just in case some of you don't wander into the Tracking/Handling sectoion...these were collected at Dunnville Autodrome on July 15:

Stage 1+ SF V1.01 MSF aFT
    79.896 sec
    max 145.0 km/h
    avg 91.6 km/h
    max lat g 0.91

Stage 1+ SF V1.01
    80.262 sec
    max 144.80 km/h
    avg 90.7 km/h
    max lat g 0.95

Stock
    80.214 sec
    max 143.9 km/h
    avg 88.9 km/h
    max lat g 1.03

All comments welcome...my next set of tests will come with ambient temps and tire temps...

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AP Stage 1+SF Map Test Lap Times

why were your lateral g's worse as you went quicker? was the car quicker or did you just get more confident with the track each time out

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AP Stage 1+SF Map Test Lap Times

I left that tidbit of info out to peak ppl's interest...hehe...

The testing sequence went like so:

1. I arrived at the track with the MSF map flashed.
    2. I flashed to stock map and started there, then v1.01, then MSF.
    3. So in fact the testing began with the stock map -> v1.01 -> MSF

The procedure was:

1. Flash map.
    2. 3 warm up laps.
    3. Pit. Key on/off.
    4. 5 laps (1 warm-up, 3 hot, 1 cool down).
    5. Repeat with other map.

So the reason the MSF map showed lower g's than stock is because I purposely used relatively "fresh" tires for the stock map so no one will say that I used the worst conditions for the stock map to skew results. By the time I did my 3rd session with the MSF maps, the tires were beginning to go...so the point is that even with hotter/less grippy tires, I was able to achieve those times...

But a side observation is that with only 225/45/17, the increase in power may be overwhelming the front tires and lowering available grip as well...these are some of the factors that makes testing these maps back-to-back difficult...

Also...the reason why I did this in Dunnville after AutoX eventho I was dead tired was because I know Dunnville well enough that my hot lap times are always within .5 sec of each other if not lower...some sessions I have recorded have 3 laps within 0.3 sec of each other...so I'm pretty confident that I did not go faster cuz I got used to the track...infact, by the last session with MSF maps, I can't wait to get home cuz I was tired...maybe that's why I drove faster?...hehe...

I'm open to all suggestions and opinions about tire grip and testing methodolgy etc...and I also have datalogs from MaxQData to back up my laptimes...