Thread: Buying a 3 in Manitoba

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buying a 3 in Manitoba

I have recently attempted to buy a 2008 M3 as I was impressed with the car and really liked the $3600 cash deal they were offering for the GS model. Unfortunately they were unable to find a car for me and will not give the same deal on a 2008.5 model. Is this option available soon or do they usually offer this deal only late in the year?

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buying a 3 in Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by tuck4 View Post
    I have recently attempted to buy a 2008 M3 as I was impressed with the car and really liked the $3600 cash deal they were offering for the GS model. Unfortunately they were unable to find a car for me and will not give the same deal on a 2008.5 model. Is this option available soon or do they usually offer this deal only late in the year?
    If it is for an automatic, they may not even be able to find one of those either.

The $3600 cash incentive is a manufacturer discount, not a dealer discount. Therefore they are model specific.

Easier way to look at it: The cost on an 2008 has dropped by $3x00... but they can't sell you what they don't have.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, yes it was for an automatic. When I signed the deal they said there were 3 available but they were all gone by the morning when they looked. I just hope the 2008.5 model has the same cash deal soon.

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious which dealership you were dealing with?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dealing at Destination Mazda with a salesman named Mazda Mike, he was friendly and not too pushy but while I was there he just found out he was getting a promotion but it is at a Honda dealership. Guess he will have to get a new nickname.

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought mine from Autocity Madza in Steinbach.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any recommendations for salesmen and are you pleased with the dealership? I have bought my last 3 cars in Steinbach but at Harvest Honda, the service there has been fantastic and I hate to leave them. My problem is that I live north of Winnipeg and it is just too far to go and I am not thrilled with the style of the new Honda and really am struck on the M3.

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I bought mine I lived in the Fort Richmond. No recommendations on a particular salesperson, but overall pleased with the dealership. I didn't mind the drive to get my car serviced and they always washed the car when it was done...something dealerships don't do here.
    Have you tried Gerry Gordon?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is standard in Steinbach to wash your car, Harvest always did it too. I have not tried Gerry Gordon yet, I have not had the time to get back into Winnipeg since my attempted purchase but plan on trying them. If that doesn't work out I will try Steinbach even though it is 1 1\2 - 2 hours away, I agree with you in believing they do try harder out of the city. As they say... It's Worth the Trip!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one in Steinbach is small and limited in choice but is very friendly, although I knew more about the car then the people that worked there did...

I bought my 3 from Gerry Gordon's and have always had good experiences there (good connections).
    Go and try Gerry Gordon's and see if they have any left. But from what I saw the other day, these cars can't seem to stay on the lot for long. If they need to they will look outside of the province for one just for you.

I can't recommend any salespeople either (the one I bought my car from has since retired), but if you want more info just PM me.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the insight, I for sure will try them out and see what they have. I still carry a faint hope that the cash deal will come back, hopefully in August, or maybe I'll have to wait on the 2009 model with the anticipated $2000 lower price??? Thanks to both of you, 2ruSpeed and yearoftherat. Maybe TheBiz can keep us updated on any new promotions coming available???

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tsk tsk...double post.

When I was looking I went to GG and the staff were friendly.
    The reason I bought from Steinbach is that it was the colour I wanted and in the showroom (only 5km).
    Yeah the stock there is pretty limited but if they have what you want...
    tuck4 - yeah a 1.5 hr drive is def a bit far...as far as I know, you can purchase it there and have the servicing done in the city..

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point, thanks again. Sounds like all three places are decent, might as well try the closes one.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're looking for a sedan or hatch?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a Mazda3 GS Sedan, don't really want anything with the light color inside and do not like the bright red outside. I never thought I would ever look at any red but kind of like the Copper red and there doesn't seem to be many around. I think I noticed that yearoftherat has that color? We kind of like the galaxy or metropolitan greys or even the stormy blue, mainly the dark interior. I actually like a white car but they only come with light interiors.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm from the Selkirk area!

If you're shopping around for any other cars...my Mom works for the Birchwood Auto Group (at Birchwood Honda on Regent specifically). They don't have a Mazda dealership but if you are considering anything else let me know...she can sell from any dealership in the group
    2008 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
    True Red

Barrie, ON

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a Mazda3 GS Sedan, don't really want anything with the light color inside and do not like the bright red outside. I never thought I would ever look at any red but kind of like the Copper red and there doesn't seem to be many around. I think I noticed that yearoftherat has that color? We kind of like the galaxy or metropolitan greys or even the stormy blue, mainly the dark interior. I actually like a white car but they only come with light interiors.
    Yeah YOTR has a Copper Red hatch. I have a Velocity Red sedan (the colour is not offered anymore). I actually like the Metropolitan Grey that they offer now.

But yeah if you're interested in going to GG, then let me know.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Buying a 3 in Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder 3 View Post
    Hey, I'm from the Selkirk area!

If you're shopping around for any other cars...my Mom works for the Birchwood Auto Group (at Birchwood Honda on Regent specifically). They don't have a Mazda dealership but if you are considering anything else let me know...she can sell from any dealership in the group
    Hey thats great, I actually work in Selkirk and live north toward Winnipeg Beach area. I have always bought Hondas but from Steinbach.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks 2ruSpeed, I will do that. Maybe you can give me some negotiating tips at GG. My other main need is an automatic as I have 2 teen aged daughters, one driving and another will be soon. Neither want to drive a stick.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe TheBiz can keep us updated on any new promotions coming available???

Will do...

Check here as I update it as soon as it is released.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks TheBiz, I appreciate it and will keep my eyes peeled.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Re: Buying a 3 in Manitoba

I am still attempting to find a Mazda 3 GS automatic Sedan and decided to look back at the dealers website where I had previously thought I had bought a 2008 with the cash deal. To my surprise there was a car exactly the same on their new car site. When I called I spoke to a different salesman (the last guy is not there anymore) and was told there was actually 2 Galaxy Grey, 2 Carbon Grey and 1 Purple 2008 GS's on his computer that he could bring in. At this point I tried to get the same deal as I had signed a contract for only 1 1\2 months earlier only to be told that the best he could do was $225.00 more than before. I don't get it, the same car with the same options (all weather mats, hood protector and an extra key) from the same area (in B.C.) and from the same dealership but now they want more money??? How can they back out of a deal because they can't find the car then find a car and refuse the deal??? If the role was reversed I wouldn't be let off and if I was I would have to pay a fee??? While I wait for them to call me back with their story I have already made up my mind that when I do buy (and I will), it will not be from this dealership. Am I missing something? I just want a new Mazda 3 and to be treated fairly, is that too much to ask these days?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which dealership is this from may I ask?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destination Mazda, I just can't figure out why the car is now available but it wasn't 1 1\2 months ago. I know we are within $225.00 and normally this would not prevent the sail but it's the principle now.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have a contract for the amount both parties agreed upon then there is really no reason for them to charge you the extra money, especially since you've been patient and have waited this long for them to find a car for you.

If I were you I'd try the other dealership in the city. In my experience, I've never liked any of the Delawri/Vickar dealerships because they even though they would give you a good deal, they charge you all these hidden fees afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast