Thread: Posted first, now I will introduce myself.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Posted first, now I will introduce myself.

Going about things backwards I guess. My Wife and I bought our first Mazda back in the summer. It is a 2008.5 Mazda3. Just prety much the basic with aluminum rims, 5 speed, cruise. We actually got it in a pretty round about way. We were up at Barrie Ford looking at the Focus'. There was something about the Focus we didn't like but it seemed to be a small issue. We had a great salesman, Steve, and really wanted to deal with him. A couple days later we went to a Mazda dealership in Newmarket to look at the 3's. We took one out for a drive and loved it. BUT.. the salesman was a complete work of art. Pushy Pushy Pushy.. Didn't tell us a thing about the car, just wanted us to sign on the dotted line. He also had nothing good to say about any other manufacturers. We knew right then and there that there was no way we would buy from him.
    I got a call from Steve the next day asking if we had made any decisions on what we were looking for. I told him that we took out a Mazda3 and we really liked it and would rather get one of them. Steve then told us that his dealership also owned a Mazda dealership in Kitchener. We told him what we were looking for and the hunt was on. It only took four days and he found exactly what we were looking for, except the cruise was not installed. They had it shipped to The Mazda dealer in Barrie where we picked it up after being totally schooled on the car. We have now put 18,000 km on it and couldn't be happier. Going from an Explorer to the Mazda has saved us a bundle too, with driving over 600 km per week. We can usually get to around 620km before the light comes on and I think it could go another 100 km or so but haven't risked it.
    I also own two MGB's. One a '71 roadster which I try to drive as much as possible and a '74.5 MGBGt which I am restoring.
    Hopefully the Mazda will be problem free for us.
    Now.. about my Winter tire question..

Paul
    Alcona

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Posted first, now I will introduce myself.

Congrats and welcome to TM3!

There is a lot of info on winter tires so you won't be disappointed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to TM3, nice story! Your surname isn't Klutz is it? I had a high school buddy with Klutz as a surname! ...made for an easy nickname
    Love those old MGBs!...Would love to see the 74 GT!

Again welcome.

_3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome.....and their is a huge group buy from simply tire..check the search and find simple tire and see teh deals they have for winter tires/rims
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aristeidis View Post
    welcome.....and their is a huge group buy from simply tire..check the search and find simple tire and see teh deals they have for winter tires/rims

Thanks all. I had already spoken with the fella from Simply Tire and got a good price for the tires and wheels which I planned on having installed in a couple weeks (although I just had my snows put on my Grand Am. The 185 65 15's my Father in Law has, are a freebee if they would work on the 3.

Paul