Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakville Mazda Review

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Oakville Mazda Review

I had always intended on checking out Oakville Mazda's service, since a lot of people give it good reviews, but didn't have a chance since it was so "out of the way" for oil change appointments during the week.

So I was putting on my winter tires today (yes, a little early, but I'd rather put them on now, than get frost-bite putting them on next week or so). I was working my way to the last tire, when the key-insert for the Mazda locknut simply fell out. I tried to put it back on but it didn't work anymore - I think crappy tire might have used an impact wrench on it when I was repairing a flat.

Anyway, I called up MoT, Mazda of Mississauga, Ontario Mazda, and Westowne and got the run around or sketchy answers like "we'll have to torch off the nut, replace the whole hub". When I called up Oakville Mazda, I was greeted by the extremely helpful/friendly and familiar voice of Tiffany. Although she said she was booked up, she told me to come by anyway. I walked in, gave her my keys and information. Instead of asking me for my ownership papers, she walked out to the parking lot (in the rain!) and started jotting down my VIN and kms. She even called up someone in the building and asked them to bake a small batch of cookies for me!

Anyway, 45 minutes later, I had the locknuts removed, and I was on my way. Although I didn't get to actually eat any of the cookies (I smelled them baking though... Mmm...), I'd have to say that Tiffany and Oakville Mazda really went above and beyond on this one. Cookies!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Oakville Mazda Review

glad to hear you had as good of an experience as many others... oakville deffinetly the west end service leader for sure

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you say cookies?

That's amazing service!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad everything went well

Questions for Jason:

Since Erin Mills Mazda won't give me my free winter matts , I'm probably going to get a couple of free oil changes instead. I don't wanna bring my car to Erin Mills, would Oakville accomodate me even the free oil change is given from Erin Mills? Also what kinda oil are you guys using for the MS3? I heard that dealers are using just regular conventional oil 5W-30. Shouldn't it be Full Synthetic?

Also I know theres a TSB for the rattle on the cowl/windshield, are you guys aware of this?

Thanks
    ¤ 2008.5 CWP MS3 ¤

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key-insert for my locknut also broke yesterday! I only have one winter wheel on!

Maybe I should drop by Oakville Mazda too.
    2006 Mazda 3 GT | 2012 Dodge Charger SRT | 2017 Mazda CX-5 GT

Ride
    car no longer mine
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MRT_MS3 View Post

Questions for Jason:

Since Erin Mills Mazda won't give me my free winter matts , I'm probably going to get a couple of free oil changes instead. I don't wanna bring my car to Erin Mills, would Oakville accomodate me even the free oil change is given from Erin Mills? Also what kinda oil are you guys using for the MS3? I heard that dealers are using just regular conventional oil 5W-30. Shouldn't it be Full Synthetic?

Also I know theres a TSB for the rattle on the cowl/windshield, are you guys aware of this?

Thanks
    The extras are from the dealership and not Mazda Canada, so I doubt you can use the free oil changes at another dealership. Erin Mill Mazda's service department has been good to me and they're around the corner from my house, until otherwise, I'll still be servicing there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MRT_MS3 View Post

Questions for Jason:

Thanks
    Although KenYork is correct, most dealers are not affiliated and will not recognize other dealers' coupons, we try to accommodate all of our customers. Call me or send me an email, and I'll make the necessary arrangements for your complimentary oil changes.

The MS3 typically uses conventional oil. Synthetic is definitely a better alternative, especially for higher revving engines, but there is an increased investment. We have both oil choices available for you.

Yes, we are aware of the TSB for cowl rattle and would be happy to take care of this for you.

If it's convenient, go to our new website at www.oakvillemazda.com and book your service appointment online. Let me know when you'd like to come in and I will follow-up with the Service Department.
    Jason Guttman
    President, QEW Mazda

(New TM3 User ID: Exprez)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have 3 years free oil/lube change on my actuall vehicle statment when i financed it, does this mean that I will be able to use this at Oakville Mazda or no? I know its probebly a no but just asking.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdas3sporte View Post
    I also have 3 years free oil/lube change on my actuall vehicle statment when i financed it, does this mean that I will be able to use this at Oakville Mazda or no? I know its probebly a no but just asking.
    PM or email me and I will definitely work something out for you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OakvilleMazdaDP View Post
    PM or email me and I will definitely work something out for you.
    You just may end up with a lot of people "discovering" that they are supposed to get free oil changes!
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noisy Crow View Post
    You just may end up with a lot of people "discovering" that they are supposed to get free oil changes!
    that was a stupid thing to say, it says in my actuall statement which I got when i purchased the vehicle, so you can not alter it if thats what your thinking, anyways I will pm , thanks for ur help

Ride
    car no longer mine
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdas3sporte View Post
    that was a stupid thing to say, it says in my actuall statement which I got when i purchased the vehicle, so you can not alter it if thats what your thinking, anyways I will pm , thanks for ur help
    I wouldn't say stupid, it was probably just a warning that it may cause a snowball effect of pm's if other members have it stipulated on their purchasing statement as well.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yepp I made sure it was on the purchase statement so the dealer would not try to say "we did not agree to this" over afterwards, but it turns out the dealer is horrible so I will rather make the long drive to Oakville mazda and have my services done there from now on, its worth the drive IMO,
    there reputation is very solid, ive heard great things from them on TM3 and others in College
    Last edited by mazdas3sporte; 11-01-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: had to edit swearing lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch?? O.o I didn't get a watch?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentJay View Post
    Watch?? O.o I didn't get a watch?
    I got a blanket back in early September... I was actually surprised when Nelson handed it over!

Ride
    Honda S2000
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or if you come out to the Oakville meet you may get something as well...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    When you spend $100 or more.
    ? first cookies, now watches... i can't keep up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I can get them to collect the sum of a few oil-changes to equal a watch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm, I think I want to go to Oakville, spend a $100.00 on service so that I can lie down on a complimentary blanket(maybe Tiffany will join...), while drinking hot chocolate, eating freshly baked cookies and timing how long it takes the guys to wash my car by using my free Mazda watch.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom Boy View Post
    Hmmmmm, I think I want to go to Oakville, spend a $100.00 on service so that I can lie down on a complimentary blanket(maybe Tiffany will join...), while drinking hot chocolate, eating freshly baked cookies and timing how long it takes the guys to wash my car by using my free Mazda watch.
    This is why i don't bring my wife to meets lol jk , ... fyi Tiffany and her husband frequent this form on occasion so lets keep the excellent service reviews focused on the actual dealer experience

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginalusername View Post
    This is why i don't bring my wife to meets lol jk , ... fyi Tiffany and her husband frequent this form on occasion so lets keep the excellent service reviews focused on the actual dealer experience

loooooool

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginalusername View Post
    +1. Keep it clean. You wouldn't want to have someone say that about your loved one.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was funny though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took my 3 in for its first service and appointment on Oct. 22.

Booking the appointment was easy.
    Once at the dealership I told them I had my own oil and this was noted on the work order, even asked if I had brought my own oil filter. She asked if I had any additional concerns: mentioned a rattle coming from the centre console area, especially when going over bumps and when cold-this was also noted. She also did a check for outstanding TSBs.

Got the car back within the time they mentioned (approx 45 mins-1 hour).

The service advisor (different person than the one who I initially spoke to) asked if I had brought my own oil because I was charged on the invoice for oil but that he had noticed the tech using Royal Purple. This was promptly corrected on the invoice and I was on my way. They were unable to duplicate or hear the rattle.

Will be back for my 16,000km service, maybe I'll be able to score some goodies

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I moved from Ottawa to GTA I started going to Oakville Mazda. The service was good, but I find that to get a service appointment is almost impossible. After the hassle with the appointments I decided to switch over to Erin Mills Mazda. They are able to drive me to Milton or Mississauga. Oakville Mazda said that's not possible In addition, I got a coupon booklet once I purchased my Mazda in Ottawa and Oakville Mazda said they won't honour it. Erin Mills Mazda management did. What's up with that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast