Thread: Downsview Auto

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Downsview Auto

They have a lot mazda 3 cars, and the price is kinda lower than market, I ordered one last Saturday, and tomorrow will go pick it up. Right now I feel kind of nervous, cuz I don't really know what am I buying, they don't allow a test drive. How do you guys think about that dealer? Is there anything I should be aware of dealing with them tomorrow?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Downsview Auto

NEVER buy a car you can't test drive!! NEVER!!!
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT (Titanium Mica) Sold
    2006 Ford Escape XLT (Blazing Copper)

"What about those red balls they have on car aerials so you can spot your car in a park. I think all cars should have them!" ~ Homer J. Simpson

Ride
    1990 Porsche 911 C4
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo3639 View Post
    They have a lot mazda 3 cars, and the price is kinda lower than market, I ordered one last Saturday, and tomorrow will go pick it up. Right now I feel kind of nervous, cuz I don't really know what am I buying, they don't allow a test drive. How do you guys think about that dealer? Is there anything I should be aware of dealing with them tomorrow?
    Are you buying, leasing, financing? Is it a new or used car - definitely do NOT buy a used car without driving it! As for new, I didn't get to test-drive the Speed3 - there simply weren't any to test-drive when I ordered mine. But for a Mazda 3, they SHOULD have a car you could drive. What kind of paper-work did you sign?
    If it's a new car, and a good deal, you should be okay.
    MSMITCH 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
    Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital - Open 24 hours - 416-247-VETS (8387)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know anyone with alot of experience and knowledge of vehicles? If so take them with you to look again at the car, something is wrong if they wont let you test drive the car. Walk away if they wont let you drive it! There are alot of other cars for sale out there!

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they dont let u drive it for 2 mins then that should register with u that something is up, have someone knowlegeable look at it ASAP, this is not a enzo u should be able to drive it for at least 2 mins, i think something might be up..... not trying to scare you but seriously have a good mechanic or someone u kno that knnows cars to check out the car,

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a mechanic friend with me. They don't allow test drive but they did give us the key to start the engine and allowed us checking around.But my friend can't tell everything without a test drive.

Well, last Saturday, this dealer had sold about 16 mazdas, I googled around and didn't really find anything particular about this dealership.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neo3639 View Post
    I had a mechanic friend with me. They don't allow test drive but they did give us the key to start the engine and allowed us checking around.But my friend can't tell everything without a test drive.

Well, last Saturday, this dealer had sold about 16 mazdas, I googled around and didn't really find anything particular about this dealership.

Why don't they allow test drives? Every other dealership does. For me, no test drive=no sale.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Why don't they allow test drives? Every other dealership does. For me, no test drive=no sale.
    I really have no idea...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys this surprisingly isn't new. When I was looking for P5's I never got to test drive a single one.

Many dealerships told me to talk numbers before I got to test drive. Downsview being one of them (I was looking at 3's at this point)

I was very unimpressed at the quality of cars at Downsview also. A lot were fairly run down and beginning to show signs of rust problems. When I inquired about the vehicles and why I could not test drive they told me what can be wrong with a 4 year old car and to buy it.

I left, the only car I got to test drive was the one I bought.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

becareful of downsview auto and other used car dealerships. The vehicles may not be ontario cars and may have been accident prone in other provinces. I was looking at downsview auto as well as other dealerships right here on chesswood drive because that's where i work. But after doing some vin research I found out that a lot of the cars were from montreal, quebec, etc. So there's a reason why downsview auto as well as other used car dealerships have 04's and 05's for almost 4000-5000 cheaper then a mazda dealership. So it's buyer beware. Also my payments on the used car at 8.9% were almost the same as a new mazda 3 at 0%. That's why I opted for a new 08 rather then a used 04-05. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you buy it, ask for a Carproof report (specifically Carproof, its Canadian, not CarFax) If they won't give you that or get it, walk away.
    Also, don't go to Vision Fine Cars on Steeles, they screwed me over... I don't reccomend them!!
    Last edited by kevcol74; 12-11-2008 at 09:50 AM.

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sadly i bought my 3 from a non mazda used car dealership and it originally came from quebec when i did the carfax on it. i couldn't get a 3 from the dealership as my maximum budget was $10k. when i visited downsview auto i looked at all the cars and to my surprise some of them had damage such as scrapes along the side, dents in the doors and bumpers and inside the door trip was peeling off. a co-worker at work bought her 3 at downsview auto but she hasn't come to me about any problems so i guess im neutral about this dealership

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevcol74 View Post
    Before you buy it, ask for a Carproof report (specifically Carproof, its Canadian, not CarFax) If they won't give you that or get it, walk away.
    Also, don't go to Vision Fine Cars on Steeles, they screwed me over... I don't reccomend them!!
    Yes I also suggest Carproof as my last car show up clean with Carfax but with when I ran carproof, I found out lots of nasty stuff.

Its worth the $70

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cereal83 View Post
    Yes I also suggest Carproof as my last car show up clean with Carfax but with when I ran carproof, I found out lots of nasty stuff.

Its worth the $70
    I'd demand the dealership do it. If they want to make the sale, they will have no problem providing it for you. If its a private sale, then yes, its worth the $70 yourself.
    Oh, and Carproof works with an american company as well, so you get the "CarFax" built in (Experian)! So any american history will show as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard people got screwed when they ask the dealer/seller to do the carproof/carfax for them. The seller showed the buyer a clean report, but it was actually a modified version where the seller tried to cover up all the accidents by providing the report for free. It's better to get these reports yourself.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before you take delivery run the serial number through car-fax or car-proof. We have seen many salvage units come through used car dealers and the warranty will be voided if the car has had collision damage or the ownership branded! If you dont do that, you basically have no protection, as it is "buyer bewarre" with used car dealers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01Racing View Post
    Before you take delivery run the serial number through car-fax or car-proof. We have seen many salvage units come through used car dealers and the warranty will be voided if the car has had collision damage or the ownership branded! If you dont do that, you basically have no protection, as it is "buyer bewarre" with used car dealers
    Not necessarily true, make sure the dealership is part of the UCDA (Used Car Dealership Association), and you have SOME recourse. None-the-less, its always a gamble to a degree getting a used car. Also, if you feel you got screwed, contact OMVIC, and see what they can do for you (Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council), they govern the used car dealers and make sure they practise fairly and within the "code of ethics".

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually bought my mazda 3 at downsview. The place is a little bit shady , but the deals they have are the best ones in toronto. I bought mine 04 gt with 38000kms for 11 900 a year ago which beat the dealer price for almost 3-4 thousands

However i did have some issues with the car. First of all the car was hit on the rear left passenger door ( it was fixes and you could not tell so it was ok) then the tires were gone (original tires ) and there was a problem with the aligment

So during the first year i had to

buy new tires - pretty common in mazda 3s, cost me around 750 for a set of 4
    deal with the alignment issue - cost me 350 to get it fix

aside from these two issues the car runs great , now that they are fix the car runs awesome.

It was still a great idea because if i would of bought it at the dealer i would of ended up paying 4 thousand more and i would of prob have to buy new tires too

however it is a gamble to buy there, go with someone that knows about mechanics and do not buy their warranty it is useless

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rick10 View Post
    i actually bought my mazda 3 at downsview. The place is a little bit shady , but the deals they have are the best ones in toronto. I bought mine 04 gt with 38000kms for 11 900 a year ago which beat the dealer price for almost 3-4 thousands

However i did have some issues with the car. First of all the car was hit on the rear left passenger door ( it was fixes and you could not tell so it was ok) then the tires were gone (original tires ) and there was a problem with the aligment

So during the first year i had to

buy new tires - pretty common in mazda 3s, cost me around 750 for a set of 4
    deal with the alignment issue - cost me 350 to get it fix

aside from these two issues the car runs great , now that they are fix the car runs awesome.

It was still a great idea because if i would of bought it at the dealer i would of ended up paying 4 thousand more and i would of prob have to buy new tires too

however it is a gamble to buy there, go with someone that knows about mechanics and do not buy their warranty it is useless
    What was wrong that the alignment cost $350 to fix if you don't mind me asking?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the right rear wheel was bend out . I know they come like that from the dealer becaseu of the sport handling but mine on the right side was way out.

Now to be honest my wife hit the car backing out like a week before i noticed it , so i blamed it mostly on that , i think it just made it worst.

However when i bought the car i could tell the car was pulling to the right.

The had to replace the arm and do a 4 wheel aligment. Now its good

I would recommend downsview auto because of the price they have on mazda 3s , for someone who is not willing to pay the overprice dealers have, although it is risky because you may get a lemon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to look at them at Downsview, half an hour of looking out in the lot and in the showroom, and NO ONE came to help me... They even walked by me, but no help. And the visible signs of wear and tear and lack of the cars that were "advertised" at low prices... I walked away before I could end up having a bad experience there! lol
    My opinion, there are better run places than them. I'd try Haldimand first, they seem to have very competitve prices to Downsview.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevcol74 View Post
    I went to look at them at Downsview, half an hour of looking out in the lot and in the showroom, and NO ONE came to help me... They even walked by me, but no help. And the visible signs of wear and tear and lack of the cars that were "advertised" at low prices... I walked away before I could end up having a bad experience there! lol
    My opinion, there are better run places than them. I'd try Haldimand first, they seem to have very competitve prices to Downsview.
    Put it this way . Downsview is use to selling tons of cars a week , one customer less or one more customer does not really make a difference. Their cars are price so low the if you do not buy it the car is going to get sold to someone else maybe even the same day. They have so many people coming in (specially on the weekends) that they really do not bother with their customer service. Now the dealer is different because their prices are so high that they may get 1 or 2 customers a week for an used car so they make sure they treat you well . So many other places i went too i was given the vip treatment however their mazdas were price 1 or 2 gs more than downsview.

There is another place like that called quality vans where my dad bought his van, their prices are the bests ones for vans , my dad got his 2004 dodge caravan for like 6 gs and that was back in 2006 but their customer service sucks too.

It does not mean their cars are s h i t , because mine turned out to be good except for minors things. But i also know people who bought use mazdas at the dealer and they turned out to be lemons. Buying a use car is always a gamble.

It is like taking your car to the dealer for a tune up or taking it to a small garage , you are going to pay a lot more at the dealer but your service is going to be great, at the small garage you have to get a shi t customer service but you would end up paying a lot less

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes -- I agree with some of the post that it was a little 'shaddy' not to be able to take the car I was interested for a test drive. However, the saleperson gave me the option to have the car checked out by my mechanic or a mazda dealership. I choose the Mazda and Downsview Auto took the car to Mazda and I recieved a full report that the car checked out ok. The reason I was told I could not go for a test drive was that the car was not certified so I was more than o.k taking it a Mazda dealership to verify everything. Yes -- they are some aspects that could be improved at Downsview but overall I was generally happy with the service but more happy with the deal I got for my Mazda !!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought my 3 from there during the summer i had had no problems the car is running perfect no problems. i think there a good dealer

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast