Thread: Kieswetter Motors in Kitchener (a little lengthy)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Kieswetter Motors in Kitchener (a little lengthy)

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased my first new car: a 2009 crystal white peal Mazada3 Sport GT. I am a recent graduate in civil engineering and a female and I had never done any serious negotiating or research into cars. To make the long story short, I started at Burlington Mazda as I live in Burlington. The sales man was helpful and not too pushy but was quick to rush to the monthly payments without laying everything out. They were offering the standard Mazda discounts ($500 off and various financing deals) but not much else. I test drove one. I feel in love. I told him I would be shopping around with my Dad on the weekend and would get back to him.

Met up with my Dad in Kitchener and test drove various cars all day. The final stop was the Mazda dealership. Sat down with a sales rep and he priced the GX and the GS laying everything out. Right away, the additional fees (wheel locks, etching etc) were either way lower, or not charged when compared to Burlington. Told the sales rep gives us your bottom line as we are going to a car broker after. He said "well I have done what I can do for you, let me get the owner". Sat down with the owner (Rob Kieswetter) for about 1/2 hour and ended up with a price. The deal was so good we asked for a price on the GT. Rob was a no BS guy. He matched Mazda's discount and then some and gave me all accessories at cost.

Called the car broker, his price was higher. Went back to Burlington, when asked if they could match it they said "no sorry we cannot sell you the car for that much, it is below cost" after much deliberation. Sales man asked for one more day to talk to the owner, whom my father actually knew. Day goes by, no word from Burlington. Stopped in on way home from work. They say I will not find a white GT without a sun roof and they have one with a sunroof sitting on their lot. I tell him well I have a price on the car I want, it is this, please do what you can with it if you want to earn my business. After a while he comes back and says "we have matched your price, but we cannot include the window tinting, that will be an extra $400 and you will have to pay for the moon roof at $800" and he showed me the numbers and I said thank you and walked away as they were trying to sell me a car I didn't want.

Visited Rob at Kieswetter the next day and singed the papers. He gave me $500 for my 2000 dodge caravan which I was very happy with and he did not try to up sell the paint protection, clear bra or anything else. It was a pleasure dealing with him and his staff and it made my first car buying experience wonderful.

On the day of delivery I was given a tour of the shop and was thoroughly impressed with the car prep and feature explanations. After driving off the lot for a test drive, I came back and Rob gave me a deal on snow tires and had them installed in 15 minutes. I am one happy driver. I intend to bring the car there for service and the dealer is in the planning phases of a huge expansion to their dealership and service center.

I was very unhappy with the run around that Burlington Mazda gave me. They were unwilling to budge for a new young customer. Their correspondence was lousy and tactics were sneaky. I have heard good things about the dealership and do not want to discourage anyone. I just wanted to recount my experience.

Thanks to Rob and Kieswetter Morotos for thir excellent customer service and fantastic pricing!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Kieswetter Motors in Kitchener (a little lengthy)

I've met with Rob before when checking out the cars, and he is as you say, a "No BS" guy. If I'm going to buy a new Mazda, I think they will be where I go. I also checked out Burlington Mazda a few years back and had the same impression, pushing to get a deal done without all the proper explanations.
    Hope you enjoy your Mazda! I haven't heard too much bad about Kieswetter! (Although I'm servicing at Forbes in Waterloo... )
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT (Titanium Mica) Sold
    2006 Ford Escape XLT (Blazing Copper)

"What about those red balls they have on car aerials so you can spot your car in a park. I think all cars should have them!" ~ Homer J. Simpson

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats and welcome to the board. It's nice to have another female member on the board. If you stick around you'll be able to keep MAZDA Kitten, She_Prime and Broli company.

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the board. It's nice to have another female member on the board. If you stick around you'll be able to keep MAZDA Kitten, She_Prime and Broli company.
    LMAO...Nice one

Sounds like a really good deal to get the car you wanted. I had a decent experience at Burlington Mazda and they were able to get a price I was happy with. But I guess it all depends on situations.
    2008.5 GT Sport - Black Mica - SOLD!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 - Black Mica - Minor Mods

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you got what you wanted..hate people that push you around just go get what they want.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had excellent service there when i bought my first car and when i traded her for my speed they gave me an even better deal. i have heard that people have had bad experiences there, but i have been one of the lucky ones and have great service there. glad you where one of the lucky ones too.
    Falken FK-452 | 225-45R18 | Konig Hotswap |35% Tints| Greddy TT| Cobb Sri| Cobb Shifter| Cobb AP Stage 2| BC Coilovers | Cobb Shifter Weight| Cobb Inlet Pipe |TS BOV |Dashhawk| COBB FMIC |CPE MM|CPE TBE| NRG ETD|
    STILL TO COME: |Whatever I can get my hands on before she kills me|
    2003 Blue Yamaha R6
    Pazzo shorty levers|Hindle exhaust|flush mount turn signals|Fender eliminator|Smoked windscreen|8000k HID

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received a letter from Kieswetter thanking me for purchasing the car. Included is a certificate for 10% off any accessories and an accessory brochure, a short dealer customer staisfaction survey that if I return in 10 days they will send me a free mazda tire pressure gauge, and three referal slips that if someone I refer buys a car from them, they will give me $100! So if any one is buying from there just let me know!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stormin84 View Post
    i had excellent service there when i bought my first car and when i traded her for my speed they gave me an even better deal. i have heard that people have had bad experiences there, but i have been one of the lucky ones and have great service there. glad you where one of the lucky ones too.
    So they haven't given you any problems w/ your mods? I'm planning on going in for service there in a couple weeks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boogie View Post
    So they haven't given you any problems w/ your mods? I'm planning on going in for service there in a couple weeks.
    so far no problems with them and my mods.