Thread: Eibach Prokit - progressive or linear?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eibach Prokit - progressive or linear?

I have been reading and searching for a while but have not found the answer to my question. Is the eibach pro kit progressive or linear? I believe there are two versions of the pro kits; one for mazda 3 and one for mazdaspeed 3? does anyone have the pictures of the springs of the two kits? I get the feeling that the front springs of mazda 3 prokit is progressive but the rear is not.
    *2006 Mazda 3 GT*
    Eibach || SPC || Falken || ADR fin7 || Sirius || Solar Gard || DDM Tuning || Hella || Visual Garage || The Speedline

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eibach Prokit - progressive or linear?

Last edited by mit-gee-mui; 03-28-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    2005 Winning Blue Mica sedan (sold)
    2006 Snowflake White Pearl hatch (sold)

Ride
    Ralliart
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speed3 prokits may not fit regular mazda3. They are specifically designed for a speed3 with performance in mind with a milder drop compared to Cobb springs. They also cost $10 more with slight less drop then prokits. You'de be better of buying Htech. They are cheaper then Prokits

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i read all that and thats the reason why i couldnt figure out. The eibach site says thats the pro-kit is progressive...its just confusing when people say that prokits are linear and there are two versions of prokits for mazda 3 (one for a speed 3 and the other for a regular 3) so maybe one of them is progressive I thought. The eibach site is just not being specific. On the M3F one person showed the speed 3 and regular 3 prokits side by side and it appeared that for the regular 3 the front spring is progressive and the rear is not....

Im looking forward to get a prokit and was just researching on which one is better; the progressive or the linear...I guess it doesnt matter?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progressive is easily understood, same feeling throughout the spring travel. (I have pro-kits if it means anything). As I've read, the Sportline progressive springs are a touch bouncy when under light load and solid under heavy load (hence the progressive). Which helps to counter the fact you've lowered the car 2inches.
    When you want just springs, just pick the height you want. If your looking for a specific setup, your looking in the wrong direction (should be looking at a coilover setup)
    Diesel tractor...

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info,
    i love this forum

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used Eibachs in the past and they were always progressive rated springs front and rear. They also always drop the car more than they claim it will and that's with fairly new OEM struts. Having said that, H&R springs also lower the car more than they had claimed.

Try out the Japanese made Teins as I had good results with them on my former Mini Cooper S. Teins also offer progressive lowering springs at a lower price than those German made ones.
    Do what u like...like what u do!

2008.5 MS3 in CWP, COBB SF SRI, Enkei RPF1
    2007 Honda CBR600RR