Thread: TM3 Times #9 - April 2009

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TM3 Times #9 - April 2009

Hey all, sorry for the delay on this month’s Times. Has just been a hectic month of March (as for TM3 included) but thankfully for me it is time to rest and relax and focus on the good things ahead! Like the Times for example . Anyway, here are this month’s TM3 Times!

First up: There has been new sights around the forums…

The 2010 Mazdas Come to TM3

March seemed to be the month where we found some of our new members (and old ones too) purchasing a new vehicle. Not just any vehicle though, a brand new 2010 Mazda 3. All of which so far have been of the GT or GT-E trim levels. Suspicious maybe?

Hardly! (as it is the only trim level which looks half decent)- sorry being a bad reporter… moving on….

We have welcomed several new members into the TM3 family with their new Mazdas, bringing a whole new era of Mazda 3 onto our forums. For many of us who had bashed the exterior design of these new breed of 3s we are seeing more and more embrace the look enough to even lay money down on one and make it their own.

Probably the most prominent 2010 Mazda 3 to come to the boards was that of Jeff-TheBiz’s new 2010 Graphite Grey sedan (as pictured above). His new purchase led to a massive part out of his 2005 sedan that had our forum members in a frenzy! Oh well, all good things have to come to an end at times and for some of our lucky forum members who got things from the part-out I am sure they will agree.

Jason, President of Oakville Mazda also has been driving around a 2010 GT Hatchback in a lovely black. He has been bringing it out to the latest Oakville meets and letting us snoop around in it. They are very nice indeed! Personally, I am a sedan owner but I much prefer the styling of the 2010 Hatch to the sedan.

Oh well to each their own.

If you are interested at all in purchasing a 2010 Mazda 3 either go down to Oakville Mazda or Mazda of Toronto and sign your life away for one of these new babies!

Welcome to the family 2010 Mazda 3.

Second on the block: Were people purposely wasting their gas?

Multitude of Meets in March

For a month typically as cold and uneventful as March (other than St. Patricks Day and for those who I offended with March birthdays) there was a multitude of meets for any of our members in any area of the Greater Toronto Area to attend. Some were based around events and others the only event occurring was some sexy Mazdas came to play together!

Performance World occurring in early March attracted many of our members to its venue to see all of the modified cars within the show. A couple of our members even decided to make a meet out of attending the event, and from what the pictures represent that were posted on TM3 it was an event not to miss!

We also saw a return to the Shops on Steeles Meet in mid March as well. The atypical mild temperatures made our members more eager to bring their beauties out for some quality showing-off time. Many of our members even decided to put their summer tires on within this month, giving them even more to show off.

March also brought about the creation of Mississauga Meets on Sunday evenings. They are having a slow start getting it going but I am sure this may become a popular meeting destination when the weather gets a tad warmer. Keep it up guys!

As usual, La Paloma continued on at their winter location of Tim Hortons in the Colossus Complex. The March 18th meet (as pictured in the first picture) brought out a slew of members and their vehicles. This probably went down in TM3 History for the biggest winter La Paloma Meet. Definitely an excellent showing guys and gals!

We even managed to sneak in an Oakville meet at Williams Coffee Pub where I got the ball rolling on a few things (the next two stories explain). We had about 12 people at the Oakville meet this past week which is a very good showing indeed for Oakville. We even had Jason’s 2010 Mazda 3 to play with again. Hooray for everything Mazda 3.

Let’s see what April has in store for meets! Bring it on TM3!

Photos contributed by Spyder01 and –RJ3-

Third: Angela’s had some tricks up her sleeve!

Let’s Get the Good Name of TM3 Out!

As much as the forum has condoned the use of business cards calling it impractical and stating the cost could not be justified, an opportunity arose where Staples had an offer of 250 colour business cards for only $20. I decided to completely take on this cost myself and provide these as a little experiment.

I handed them out to a bunch of our members at the last Oakville meet. I will be handing out more at next week’s La Paloma meet if anybody else wants some. They are free of charge.

I figure these could help attract more members in the local areas and get our name out there. You can leave them under windshield wiper blades or hand one out to a random Mazda 3 owner you may meet. For all of those times when you wonder if the owner is on TM3, now you don’t have to worry about it!

If they don’t work fine, I’m out $20 but I thought to give it a shot. You may never know what good things may come of it.

The forum for me has been an excellent source of information. I am hoping these cards will enable more people to know how awesome the TM3 community really is.

If you want some cards come out to La Paloma or Oakville next week! I’ll be there!
    Fourth and final: Time to give back TM3!

The First Annual Stuff a Mazda Event

I know there have been talks on the forums about whether to do this or not so I finally decided to take the initiative and thought no better way to announce it than through the TM3 Times! It’s time for us to give back to the community that gives us so much in return.

This is not happening just because it is the Easter season, there is always need for the community to come together and help others in need. We as a community can make a huge impact on the lives of people who may not be as fortunate as us.

I am asking all of you when you attend meets to bring a bag of non-perishable food items or donate some money (in which will be donated as well to the charity of choice) for this event. The goal is to stuff a Mazda full of food and drive it over to the food bank and donate the goods.

I will ask everyone who is coming to La Paloma next week to please donate something as I will be there then. For the Tri-City Area, Dsichewski has stated that he will collect for your area. Please arrange a meet to help to this cause.

I have also talked to Oakville Mazda President Jason Guttman and Parts Advisor Andrew Pereira who will be assisting in collection at their dealership. It is wonderful to have the support of our local dealerships also in this worthy cause. I ask Mazda of Toronto to step up to the challenge as well.

The only thing left to do is to pick a local food bank to donate to. I personally like to suggest one in Oakville or Mississauga as the last time the food drive occurred the donations went into Toronto. It would be nice to make this a yearly event and donate each year to a different food bank. Suggestions are open and much appreciated. Please post suggestions in this thread as who we should donate to this year TM3!

We also need to pick a Mazda in which to stuff at the end of everything. Anybody up for the challenge?
    Now the main event: Thoughts from the Pulpit from Cardinal Fang

Thoughts from the Pulpit

The thoughts of Cardinal Fang are not reflective of those of TorontoMazda3.ca but can be likened however to those of a donkey who has just kicked its owner in his nuts.

My wife and I headed downtown on the weekend to meet friends and spend the day in the City. I miss living in the City. I don’t miss taking the TTC subway. It’s full of those veterans that have been taking the TTC subway for years and those “newbies” who have just been dropped off by mom and dad on the outskirts of the City in some expensive school bus masquerading as an SUV. It is those people whom this rant is directed at. I realize that the transition from the suburbs to the City is daunting so please pay attention. So I offer you this previous rant of mine to you. AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Rushing the Door:
    Let people get off the train before you get on. Yes, Red Rover was one of my favorite games in grade school too but at 9:00 am it’s a bit much. We are all grown up now and should have a basic grasp of the logic of dynamic flows. People get off, THEN people get on.

Wearing a Backpacks:
    Ya you know who I am talking about. You, that guy with the parachute-sized backpack stuffed full to the brim waddling onto the subway like some drunk-ass bear whacking everyone within a 3-foot radius of you. Take the farking thing off moron!!!! All of you who feel it’s necessary to fully strap on a backpack while in the city seem to have no concept of the wide “birth” you need to maneuver through traffic. Get to know the place around you. You aren’t in suburbia anymore. And wash the farking backpack every now and then. Not everyone appreciates the smell of dirty socks.

Baby Strollers:
    I love kids but what the hell is the deal with baby strollers that look like small scale SUV’s? Are you going to take your little bundle of precious DNA on a Himalayan expedition? WTF??? If you insist on pushing your kid around in a Hummer version of a baby stroller THEN AT LEAST PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!!!! If you’re going to block the door then make sure the guy with the smelly back pack doesn’t get on.

Spitting:
    There is nothing to be said about this. It’s just disgusting and you, (ya you, you little white suburban wannabe ghetto rap star), ought to be forced to rub your nose in your own spit, much like a puppy that crapped on the rug. Spitting on the floor of a subway train in full view of people watching doesn’t make you cool or tough. Spit in the face of a gang-banger twice your size from Jane + Finch and you would have my respect.

Headphones:
    You have headphones on. Do you really need to listen to your music at full volume with full bass? Turn it down a little for Christ’s sake!!! Why force everyone to listen to your personal taste in top 40 shit? And how are you going hear what the customer says when they tell you what they want on their burger?

Finally, just pay the farking fare! This isn’t Istanbul! So just pay it and stop trying to bargain with the ticket collector. You’re not buying a car here. There’s no manager for the ticket collector to take your offer to and counter with.

And again to wrap up the Times, our Family Guy Quote of the Month as submitted by Krakor:

Glen Quagmire: Here's to the Drunken Clam, where they don't ask for proof of age and neither do I.

Enjoy everybody! Sorry again for the delay and hope that April is a fantastic month for all of you
    Last edited by She_Prime; 04-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    Custom Signature designed by PCLoadLetter
    2008.5 Galaxy Grey Mazda 3 GS
    Mods to date:18" RX-8 Rims~*~Axela Badge~*~Mazda3 logo above glovebox~*~LED Third Brake Light and Side Markers~*~Progress Rear Sway Bar~*~Eibach Pro-Kits~*~PRM Intake~*~Purple Interior + Footwell Lights~*~Purple Calipers with Mazda 3 decals~*~Purple Angel Eyes~*~Purple lug nuts~*~35% Solarguard Tint~*~VG Sharkfin~*~8000k HIDs~*~
    Look for the new and improved TM3 Times coming April 1st!!!! New Year, New Times!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TM3 Times #9 - April 2009

Nicely done. I always appreciate pictures. Maybe you can link to albums/threads where all the other pictures are for the specific event? Would help people like me catch up and see all the pretty.
    PITL & HADA Car #102

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with EVERYTHING in the Pulpit. My sediments exactly Cardinal Fang!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b.rabbit View Post
    I agree with EVERYTHING in the Pulpit. My sediments exactly Cardinal Fang!
    Oh I can't stand that material that settles to the bottom of a liquid.

Great job as usual She_Prime.

2006 Copper Red Mazda3 GT Sport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Oh I can't stand that material that settles to the bottom of a liquid.

Great job as usual She_Prime.
    Thanks Cardinal Fang.

Your "Thoughts" are becoming a craze! I hope you didn't mind the little disclaimer I added

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job as well, but unfortunately the photos i might take this month would be only for aa... if i even go...

Ill let you know as time passes... work got really busy now..
    Photographer for Street Concepts online magazine
    Kaption Audio show team
    The Lowerclass

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -RJ3- View Post
    Great job as well, but unfortunately the photos i might take this month would be only for aa... if i even go...

Ill let you know as time passes... work got really busy now..
    That's ok Ryan, I'll make do! Maybe Derek can be my field photographer

Ride
    2016 Subaru WRX
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome work yet again Angela darling!
    Glad I've had the chance to go out to La Paloma more this year and the Oakville Meets have certainly improved as well!

I have to admit, the whole "oh my god would that 2010 Mazda 3 stop smiling at me?!?!" routine didn't last too long for me. I will see if more colors grow on me, but the black hatch looks really nice

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, a stellar job Angela!

My applause to you!
    Krakor - 2011 Mazda CX-7 GX (Sparkling Black)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work on the times.

as for food donations, last i checked the club is torontomazda3 so . . . i would suggest the toronto food bank

I also i think there are greater needs for food in a city like toronto,

but that is my 2 cents as long as it gets to those who need i am happy.
    - Broli

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broli View Post
    nice work on the times.

as for food donations, last i checked the club is torontomazda3 so . . . i would suggest the toronto food bank

I also i think there are greater needs for food in a city like toronto,

but that is my 2 cents as long as it gets to those who need i am happy.
    Well I asked for opinions and so far no one has given me any! And the donations are slow too... so we shall see...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solid work my friend, look forward to may's rants haha.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seelsy View Post
    solid work my friend, look forward to may's rants haha.
    Later tonight.... Working on it now

Complete with an AWESOME Thoughts from the Pulpit. Possibly his best yet!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and angela, feel free to grab my pics again.. sorry been busy to reeply