Thread: Trunk triggering alarm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trunk triggering alarm

So I've got the Compustar 2W Pro installed and I'm having some issues lately with it going off for no reason.

The alarm is displaying the trunk being opened on my remote even though the trunk is shut tight.

This doesn't happen all the time, only once every so often but today I was parked outside my brothers house which is on a hill and the alarm would go off for no reason every 5 minutes ish showing the trunk being open again.

I tried disconnecting the trunk latch electic pins and that didn't work.

Jeff from Audio Heaven says he's heard this before from cars that short from water sitting in the trunk. But its happened before on a dry day.

That car is sitting now at home on my driveway and the alarm hasn't gone off in hours. I also was parked on my girlfriends street and it didn't go off either (and it was again on an incline).

Is there a level sensor in the car by chance? Is the shock sensor triggering with the trunk somehow?

Where do I start?
    - - - - - - | NOW | 08' VW Jetta 2.0T | - - - - - - - | BEFORE | 04' Mazda 3 GT/GFX | - - - - - -

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Trunk triggering alarm

Hi,

The first thing I would suggest is stopping by and letting us replace the brain of the Compustar as that may be defective.

We would do that under warranty as the Compustar brain and our labour is backed up with a Lifetime Guarantee.

We would then inspect the trunk itself to see if there is a leak or some sort or a faulty connection on the factory pin switch.

When is a good time for you to come in as I was not aware this was an on going problem.

It is our main priority to solve this problem and get the Compustar alarm back to its 110% nature.

Sincerly,

Jeff Try
    Audio Heaven Inc.

905 763 1686
    For a quicker response, it is better to call or email

Best Regards,

Jeffery Try/Owner

Audio Heaven Inc.
    905 763 1686

55 West Beaver Creek Unit 43
    Richmond Hill, ON
    L4B1K5

CHECK OUT OUR MONTHLY SPECIALS www.audioheaven.ca

Lifetime Warranty Included With Every Install

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly hadn't considered that it would have been the brain...I'm guessing its the trunk. Again this demonstrates Jeff's amazing customer service. Jeff, I will message you to work out some time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have the same problem with my trunk setting off the alarm.
    The car is unlocked, I open the trunk with the key, when finished I close the trunk only to see the rear lights flash meaning the alarm is set-armed. I open the drivers door and the alarm goes off. To turn it off I close the door, I than lock all the doors with the remote and unlock them, alarm disarmed and stops. Doesn't happen very often, if it doesn't happen all the time Mazda can't do anything about it to do a fix.