Thread: Has anyone used Corrosion Free rustproofing?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Has anyone used Corrosion Free rustproofing?

Canadian Tire does Corrosion Free rustproofing. Unlike Known or Rust Check, there are no user comments about Corrosion Free in the internet?

The only reference I found was a 2006 Canadian Army review of rustproofing in relation to Army vehicles. The Army tested the products such as Known, Rust Check, Corrosion Free, WD40 etc, not the actual application by rustproofing operators. In this test Corrosion Free Formula 3000 showed the most corrosion inhibition. It is interesting to note that WD40 performed better than Rust Check and almost as good as Known. The link to the report is http://pubs.drdc.gc.ca/PDFS/unc53/p526285.pdf. Read page 10 to 12.

Although the product may be good I don't know how good the Canadian Tire in applying the product to vehicle.

If anyone had done Corrosion Free at Canadian Tire please let me know about your experience.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Has anyone used Corrosion Free rustproofing?

I used Corrosion Free rustproofing on my 1994 Altima in 1999 and 2000. (I used Rust Check from 1994 to 1998.) I did not have the car rustproofed again and it remained rust free until 2008 when it was rear ended. Corrosion Free is a gel and does not drip but it continued to ooze for years and still protected the car from rust. A fussy BMW owner friend of mine inspected the car and could not find any rust damage, even in the wheel well areas of the fenders. I had my current car (2006 Mazda3 GS) rustproofed with Corrosion Free at the Canadian Tire at 3553 Lawrence Ave E (at Markham Rd) in October 2008. This particular store offered a $20 off coupon which other CTC stores did not. Even though you are supposed to get the car rustproofed again every 18 months, I will not as I find from past experience that it continues to work for many years after treatment. They did a thorough job but had difficult finding spots to drill holes in the pillars as there was another layer of steel below the first as if it were a double frame. It is no wonder that the Mazda3 weighs so much.