0 Thread(s)

Default 2010 Mazda 3 Recall

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2010 Mazda 3 Recall

doesn't affect us Canadians, a minor snag for the U.S. consumers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The silver MZ3 sedan in the picture actually looks pretty good. Smiley face and all. One of the better 2010 pics I have seen.

On another note, there will be plenty more TSB's and problems with the new MZ3. There are always more problems with new model year introductions for every manufacturer.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phillie86 View Post
    doesn't affect us Canadians, a minor snag for the U.S. consumers.
    I don't know where you go your information, but it does affect us here in canada. I spoke with mazda canada and they will be sending out recall notices to the cars involved.

No offence to anyone but just a note to everyone.

Please ensure you have your information correct. I'm sure there are people out here that will take your word for it.

Being that I am research oriented and I don't always trust what everyone says , especially to things like this.

Call Mazda canada to confirm if your car is affected. Mine is. They will need your vin number to confirm

Thanx
    Diamonds are a girls best friend!!!
    2010 Mazda 3 GS aluminum metalic mica...zoom zoom

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fairness to Phillie, he probably meant that it didn't affect Canadians and didn't know it did, since Mazda Canada has not officially said anything yet...

Here are the details for the recall. Note that this is U.S. info and not Canadian.

Report Date: April 20, 2009 at 01:45 PM
    Search Type: VEHICLE
    Make: MAZDA
    Model: MAZDA3
    Model Year: 2010

Results : 1 | All records displayed
    Make: MAZDA Model: MAZDA3
    Manufacturer: MAZDA MOTOR CORP Mfr's Report Date: APR 15, 2009
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V126000 N/A
    NHTSA Action Number: N/A
    Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
    Potential Number of Units Affected: 25400
    Summary:
    MAZDA IS RECALLING 25,400 MY 2010 MAZDA3 VEHICLES. A CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE ENGINE HARNESS AND THE HOUSING OF STARTER MOTOR MAY BE INSUFFICIENT. DUE TO THIS, THE COVERING OF THE HARNESS MAY BE DAMAGED THROUGH VIBRATION DURING OPERATION POSSIBLY CAUSING A SHORT-CIRCUIT BETWEEN CERTAIN HARNESS WIRES AND THE STARTER HOUSING. A SHORT-CIRCUIT CAN RESULT IN ENGINE CONTROL MALFUNCTION AND/OR POOR SHIFT QUALITY.
    Consequence:
    THE MAIN FUSE MAY BLOW OUT CAUSING THE ENGINE TO STALL AND INABILITY OF RESTART, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL HAVE THE ENGINE HARNESS INSPECT AND ADD A PROTECTOR CLIP ON THE AFFECTED SECTION OF THE HARNESS. IF NECESSARY, THE HARNESS WILL BE REPAIRED. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON MAY 6, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500.
    Notes:
    MAZDA RECALL NO. 5409D. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunkist4338 View Post
    I don't know where you go your information, but it does affect us here in canada. I spoke with mazda canada and they will be sending out recall notices to the cars involved.

Please ensure you have your information correct. I'm sure there are people out here that will take your word for it.

Being that I am research oriented and I don't always trust what everyone says , especially to things like this.

Call Mazda canada to confirm if your car is affected. Mine is. They will need your vin number to confirm

Thanx
    it it affects your vehicle - you will receive a recall notice in the mail...no need to rely on website for this type of thing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom Boy View Post
    In fairness to Phillie, he probably meant that it didn't affect Canadians and didn't know it did, since Mazda Canada has not officially said anything yet...

Here are the details for the recall. Note that this is U.S. info and not Canadian.

Report Date: April 20, 2009 at 01:45 PM
    Search Type: VEHICLE
    Make: MAZDA
    Model: MAZDA3

Results : 1 | All records displayed
    Make: MAZDA Model: MAZDA3
    Manufacturer: MAZDA MOTOR CORP Mfr's Report Date: APR 15, 2009
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V126000 N/A
    NHTSA Action Number: N/A
    Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
    Potential Number of Units Affected: 25400
    Summary:
    MAZDA IS RECALLING 25,400 MY 2010 MAZDA3 VEHICLES. A CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE ENGINE HARNESS AND THE HOUSING OF STARTER MOTOR MAY BE INSUFFICIENT. DUE TO THIS, THE COVERING OF THE HARNESS MAY BE DAMAGED THROUGH VIBRATION DURING OPERATION POSSIBLY CAUSING A SHORT-CIRCUIT BETWEEN CERTAIN HARNESS WIRES AND THE STARTER HOUSING. A SHORT-CIRCUIT CAN RESULT IN ENGINE CONTROL MALFUNCTION AND/OR POOR SHIFT QUALITY.
    Consequence:
    THE MAIN FUSE MAY BLOW OUT CAUSING THE ENGINE TO STALL AND INABILITY OF RESTART, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL HAVE THE ENGINE HARNESS INSPECT AND ADD A PROTECTOR CLIP ON THE AFFECTED SECTION OF THE HARNESS. IF NECESSARY, THE HARNESS WILL BE REPAIRED. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON MAY 6, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500.
    Notes:
    MAZDA RECALL NO. 5409D. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

My comment was not intended to offend anyone as I stated in my reply. I just wanted to know what information he had that backed up his statement. Sometimes you get information from different people/sources and they conflict. If my comments were a little curt, they were not meant to be.

I also wanted to inform people so that they could have this matter taken care of when they are in servicing theirs cars so they would not have to go back just for the fix.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called Mazda Canada's 1-800 number. It affected my car, I booked an appointment with my dealership (they were aware of it too). The installation of a "harness" will only take an hour. no biggie!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bj21 View Post
    it it affects your vehicle - you will receive a recall notice in the mail...no need to rely on website for this type of thing
    No , I wouldn't rely on this forum exclusively but I thought this forum was to share information.

Actually this forum has an explict section for this type of thing. I think people like to get this information that is why they are part of this forum to get and to give information. lol

cheers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL... So it begins!!! This is why you don't buy a first production year car.. unless its something like a Camaro... Challenger.. soemthing that in 30 years someone will pay through their teeth for

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemazda3-S View Post
    This is why you don't buy a first production year car..
    Regardless if it's the first or last, there's still potential for a recall.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gioneburnz View Post
    I called Mazda Canada's 1-800 number. It affected my car, I booked an appointment with my dealership (they were aware of it too). The installation of a "harness" will only take an hour. no biggie!
    Waait... so everyone that bought a 2010 has to bring it in for a fix???

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i guess it would be a good time to get my tires checked to i think i have some nails in the tires
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my car might have this issue. Mine stalled last week and I had problems gettinng it started again. it took 10 seconds for it to start. This only happened once though.
    Guess I will give mazda a call.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just gave mazda canada a call... 2010 owners will receive a letter in the mail (in canada) to your home address with specific instructions on where to bring your car for the recall and etc... they said this will probably get distributed in the next month or so...

so keep checking that mailbox LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bj21 View Post
    i've never recieved a letter from mazda and i had the motor mount recall, and the flutter thing. only way i knew about them was from the forum. mazda canada typically lags behind the us for the formal recall by a few weeks

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginalusername View Post
    i've never recieved a letter from mazda and i had the motor mount recall, and the flutter thing. only way i knew about them was from the forum. mazda canada typically lags behind the us for the formal recall by a few weeks
    You get notified of a recall only if it's a SAFTY issue or emissions problem
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aristeidis View Post
    You get notified of a recall only if it's a SAFTY issue or emissions problem
    Don't believe that is true. I've received recall notices in the past that are not specifically safety and emissions related. Also, the motor mount breaking in the MS3 would most certainly be considered a safety issue.

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the letter about the defective locks and Mazda had to install something to prevent people from exploiting the problem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just emailed Jeff and he said mine is effected. So guess I will need to book an appointment.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx
    OH SNAP!

Sorry your right I didn't really go into research on this - just after reading the article it says it affects US dealerships and thought they were the only ones afffect.

Don't worry no offense taken.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phillie86 View Post
    OH SNAP!

Sorry your right I didn't really go into research on this - just after reading the article it says it affects US dealerships and thought they were the only ones afffect.

Don't worry no offense taken.

my apologies again if this sounded curt. I'm not very good at putting flowers around words. I am mostly to the point and can sometimes seem harsh when writing.

glad to see you didn't take offence to this.

Made an appointment with a dealer to make the fix for my car on thursday

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my apologies again if this sounded curt. I'm not very good at putting flowers around words. I am mostly to the point and can sometimes seem harsh when writing.

glad to see you didn't take offence to this.

Made an appointment with a dealer to make the fix for my car on thursday
    There's a great quote I've come to trust... "If you cannot say what you mean, you can never mean what you say." Nothing wrong with being direct, in my books

I generally don't rely on recall notices or what not; I just ask the dealership to check for me once in a while.
    There is a theory which states that a billion monkeys pounding on a billion keyboards will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.

Thanks to the Internet, we now know this theory is wrong.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is exactly why no person should buy a first year new generation car, who ever does is a complete idiot and they are just asking for time wasted at the dealer, even the 3-4 year model years have problems but in generall first year cars have soo many issues because the manufacture wants to push it out fast and they overlook stuff, even with detailed inspections things are missed., i feel sorry for all those suckers who bought the 2010, i would personally look at the car which is 3 years into its new generation so most problems are dealt with and better options are available

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdas3sporte View Post
    this is exactly why no person should buy a first year new generation car, who ever does is a complete idiot and they are just asking for time wasted at the dealer, even the 3-4 year model years have problems but in generall first year cars have soo many issues because the manufacture wants to push it out fast and they overlook stuff, even with detailed inspections things are missed., i feel sorry for all those suckers who bought the 2010, i would personally look at the car which is 3 years into its new generation so most problems are dealt with and better options are available
    ahahaha! You're a fool...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast