Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: K.S.L. Automotive (Alignment in Markham)

Hybrid View

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up K.S.L. Automotive (Alignment in Markham)

I used to go to Pat/Altech for alignment when I lived downtown and they're great. Pat's always friendly and the service was fast. Good prices too!

So when I moved up to Markham, I needed to find some place closer. I asked Jimmy and Richard of Street Performance, and they recommended Jacky on Heritage. As we Chinese ppl do, we all go by a name and neighbourhood. I called Jacky to set up an appt for 2 MS3's today, first thing in the morning. Richard said the price is $60...another member said that's too good to be true, as he said, "No one on Heritage even has a laser machine". Whatever...$60...we'll see how it goes.

We show up on time, but the "alignment guy" was a little behind, so Sean and I just chatted a bit. A souped up orange 350Z rolls in and we're like, "yo that guy's taking our spot." LOL...turns out that's Malik the owner, and the "alignment guy". he also tracks with the 350Z club and does alignment for the RX7's and the Protege club. More importantly, he's got the first laser alignment machine on Heritage, 6 months ago...

I think he averaged about 30 min each car. In the midst of this, we went out for a couple of blasts, tightened a few clamps, and chatted up Malik. He tracks the 350Z with the 350 club and he'll be coming out with us to a couple of track days.

I recommend KSL if you're in the Markham area. Not only are they recommended by Jimmy and Richard, they offer good price, fast service and someone who understands why you need your camber kits adjusted. And for $60 for a regular alignment (price authorized by Malik/Jacky for TM3 members), you can't go wrong.

Did I say Malik knows how to properly adjust SPC camber kits?

Address/Contacts:

K.S.L. Automotive Services
    7 Heritage Road, Unit 2
    Markham, ON
    L3P 1M3

Jacky's Cell: 416.716.1110

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: K.S.L. Automotive (Alignement in Markham)

sweet.. As always thanks for the great review.. Im gonna give them a call monday.. So much closer than Altech..

2008.5 Mazda3 Black Mica GS Sedan- Injen RD6061 CAI - Koni Yellows - Eibach Prokits - SPC Rear Camber Kit - Tenzo Type M 18x8 Powdercoated Bronze - Yokohama S.Drives 225/40/18 - Rolled Fenders - Rear Flares - Gforce Strut Bar - Prolumen 6000K - 3000k HID Fogs - Speedline Wide Angle Blue/LED Side Mirrors - LED Interior - Eyelids - LED 3rd Brake Light/Sidemarkers - LED Reflectors -LED Footwell/Trunk/Cup Holder Lighting - Solar Guard 28% Tints All Round - VG Sharkfin - Borla Catback - 07+ GS Lip - Eyelids - Sideskirt Extensions - Aluminium Pedals - Sickspeed Horns - Kenwood - Alpine - SPL -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fobio - did you get a print out of the results?

I was planning to go to Altech, after I get my coilovers installed, but this seems promising.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$60 - printout included.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that case, I'm going to head to K.S.L. instead.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fobio, thanks ! I'll go to them once I get new tires !

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great find. Too bad I went to Altech yesterday (great service). KSL is a hell of a lot closer to get to for me on my next alignment.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richard from street performance told me about this place too. went there to do my alignment right after i had my prokit + KYB installed at street performance. 60 bucks + print out too. i need to go back after i do my sways + new tires on =D great place, nice people too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a really good price. the last alignment shop I went to, not for my mazda, there were little nicks on the rims after they took the alighment sensors off the wheels. ok it was a honda dealership dammit. how did it go with KSL? any rim damage?
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked my appointment for today at 6

I think i spoke to Malik on the phone, he said 60 for alignment, with my camber kit it may be more, he will need to have a look.. so i'll head down and make sure toreference all you guys who went by his shop..

Hope my wheels will be ok

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omalak View Post
    Booked my appointment for today at 6

I think i spoke to Malik on the phone, he said 60 for alignment, with my camber kit it may be more, he will need to have a look.. so i'll head down and make sure toreference all you guys who went by his shop..

Hope my wheels will be ok

Excellent....definitely keep us posted. I'll probably get another alignment once I get the used Falken's on in the summer just to be on the safe side.

Ride
    2003 Honda S2000
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malik is great, he will take care of your car properlly, used to take my protege5 to him regularly, and he has GREAT rates. Very resonable guy. Alignment took about 30mins, with printout and everything.
    He also does lowering for certain clubs (he mentioned lancerclub), $200, lowering springs install, and alignment also included.. I think thats a VERY good price.

2 thumbs up!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great review!

The best thing is that he's like 5 mins away from me. I'm definitely going there when I need alignment done.

Thanks!

Current: 2017 Lexus NX200T F-Sport
    Current: 2014 Mazda3 GS Hatch
    Past: 2008 Mazda3 GT Hatch
    Past: 2004 Mazda RX-8 GT
    Past: 2002 Toyota Celica GT Panasonic Edition
    Past: 1994 Honda Accord EX-R

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda 3 GS Sedan
    Tenzo Type R Wheels
    SPC Camber Kit
    Eibach Pro Kit springs

on we go

Well i just got back from KSL...

I reached there about 20 minutes before my appointment (6:00pm, malik told me to be there for 5:30 if i could)

So i get there about 5:40 and malik tells me its going to be a 20-3o minute wait.. I said sure no worries.. i waited around.. 6:00 comes around and he asks me to bring my car up onto the alignment ramp.. So i drive it up, and they get started.

They were really careful with getting the alignment laser/shields onto the wheels. Alright so thats the positive..

it took Malik 1.5 hours to get my car aligned. i was out of his shop at 7:30.. I could tell he hated the camber kit he kept swearing ( i understand the language he spoke lol urdu), told me it was a pain to adjust this kit, and that mazda3's have the worst adjustable camber. I knew that was true so i agreed. He did take my wheels off to adjust the rear camber links.

At first it seemed to me like he had never seen the SPC/Eibach camber kits, he spent some time looking how to adjust it. come paypment time my hunch was proven. I asked him if he has worked on Mazda3's with rear camber kits. He said my car was the first 3 he worked on which had an adjustable rear camber kit.

The cost for Alignment is 100.00 that is what he will charge if you have a rear camber kit

No camber kit and the charge is 60, that is not a TM3 price it is his everyday price.

I'm not a car expert i went in for my alignment hoping the mechanic/tech would do the best job to get my car into the right specs.

Malik showed me the alignment computer screen, i knew -1.5 was the optimal setting for the rear so i told him can you adjust it to -1.5, no problem he says. In the end he managed to get my rear to -1.1 he said i cant get it to -1.5 it's impossible.. ( sounded strange to me, i said ok do the best you can) so he did -1.1 on the rears.

here is the result of my alignment, please tell me how this stacks up against the average

FRONT CAMBER
    RANGE = -1.7 - 0.3

My car
    Front Left = -1.2
    Front Right = -1.5

FRONT TOE
    RANGE -0.6mm - 1.7mm

My Car
    Front Left Toe = 0.6mm
    Front Right Toe = 0.6mm

REAR CAMBER
    RANGE = -2.3 - -0.5

My Car
    Rear Left Camber = -1.1
    Rear Right Camber = -1.1

Conclusion: I'm not sure if i would go back to KSL, they could have done a better job and brought my car into a better more optimal range. I asked him to get me a rear camber of -1.5 and he could not get to it..

So yeah that's my experience, for 100 bucks i wouldn't mind checking out other shops around town

Osman

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback Omalak. I wasn't expecting to hear the challenges you faced today. Really sad to see that the camber kit was a huge issue and cost you $100 after everything was said and done.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon72 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Omalak. I wasn't expecting to hear the challenges you faced today. Really sad to see that the camber kit was a huge issue and cost you $100 after everything was said and done.
    +1

when I told him my car is lowered, he asked if I have camber kits and I said no, but he asked if I had SPC, I said no but it's funny he asked because I have a set that I may use...he said SPC by name to me, which gave me the impression that he had done them before.

sorry to hear your experience....it's good to have options.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey osman...it sucks to hear that your car was the first mazda3 he had worked on....hope everything will be okay....im getting my eibach springs too and will need some alignment done after they are installed.
    *2006 Mazda 3 GT*
    Eibach || SPC || Falken || ADR fin7 || Sirius || Solar Gard || DDM Tuning || Hella || Visual Garage || The Speedline

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there today at 3:30 had my car aligned but no camber kits.
    Lowered on Pro-kits

FRONT CAMBER
    RANGE = -1.7 - 0.3

My car
    Front Left = -1.3
    Front Right = -1.7

FRONT TOE
    RANGE -0.6mm - 1.7mm

My Car
    Front Left Toe = 0.6mm
    Front Right Toe = 0.6mm

REAR CAMBER
    RANGE = -2.3 - -0.5

My Car
    Rear Left Camber = -2.1
    Rear Right Camber = -1.7
    2008 GS Sedan Carbon Grey

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anywhere within the range is considered to be acceptable and optimal. Obviously, your result is a lot better than the other member without the camber kit. Mind you, if you get someone else to "optimize" the camberkit setting, you would be paying alignment again to get 0.4 degree of difference. Is it worth it? If KSL can't adjust it to your liking with the machine they are using, will other shops have better machines to do and guarantee the job? One more thing.... if you get your other set of wheels and tires (for winter) put on, the reading will be off again since you are using a different set of wheels and tires. In that case, will you go and get the setting optimized again? My point here is.... KSL seems to have done a good enough job in doing the alignment and you don't have to worry about it. What you don't like is the other non-technical issues, and that is a different thing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karsia323 View Post
    Anywhere within the range is considered to be acceptable and optimal. Obviously, your result is a lot better than the other member without the camber kit. Mind you, if you get someone else to "optimize" the camberkit setting, you would be paying alignment again to get 0.4 degree of difference. Is it worth it? If KSL can't adjust it to your liking with the machine they are using, will other shops have better machines to do and guarantee the job? One more thing.... if you get your other set of wheels and tires (for winter) put on, the reading will be off again since you are using a different set of wheels and tires. In that case, will you go and get the setting optimized again? My point here is.... KSL seems to have done a good enough job in doing the alignment and you don't have to worry about it. What you don't like is the other non-technical issues, and that is a different thing.
    true enough.. the overall experience could have been better. I agree all my specs are now "within range", but optimal range would be in the centre of the range. the "optimal" for rear camber would have been -1.5.

When i went in, he initially checked my rear camber it was -2.3 wich was on the borderline of being in range. he said your rear camber is in range! You want me to adjust it? I said yes i do.. Had i not told him he may have left it there..

When you go to a place you look at the overall experience, that's what i did. And not being a very technical car guy i think for the money better expereinces can be had else where

i dont think it's a matter of machines, i think it's just a matter of time and adjusting it to what the customer asks.

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the thing, if you go somewhere to get something done or make a purchase, you want to walk out leaving that you got your money's worth. Peace of mind is worth alot.

I don't blame you if you never decide to return to KSL. At least some other members didn't have the same experience.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: K.S.L. Automotive (Alignment in Markham)

Forgot to ask. Is it $60 for a 2 wheel or 4 wheel alignment? If it's 4 wheel, it definitely a good price.

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: K.S.L. Automotive (Alignment in Markham)

$60 is for all 4 wheels.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought my hatch not long ago, changed the passenger strut so wanted to get my alignment done. I went a few days ago, Malik is very detailed and friendly.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry View Post
    Bought my hatch not long ago, changed the passenger strut so wanted to get my alignment done. I went a few days ago, Malik is very detailed and friendly.
    Since my alignment, I noticed some cracking noises in wheel area when making 90 degree turns both left or right (ie. right turn onto street, parking spot), even louder when the car is coming from a full or near full stop. Called Malik to double check everything this Friday, on the phone he said it has nothing to do with alignment, most likely a different issue.......hopefully not. Coincidence timing?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast