Thread: Mazda 3 Rear Ended & Rail Dust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda 3 Rear Ended & Rail Dust

Hi Everyone,

A few days ago someone rear ended me downtown TO. He was a nice guy and told me he would cover the cost. The damage is about 6-10cm long on and off and 1cm deep right to the black. It is located on the corner where the license place is and bend in to the rear bumper near the bottom (I will post a pic tomorrow!).

I don't want to paint the bumper one becuase it is the Pearl white and most likely will not come out 100% the same. The second is that I beleive in what goes around comes around and I have been in the same situation. I went to mazda and they want to repaint the bumper for $475 but like i said I dont want to do that. Just wondering what I should do I bought the pen and it sucks it did a fairly good job but the PWC is not the same and you cannot apply it with a pen good. Just wondering where I can buy the old fashioned touch up paint in the nail polish container? Mazda claims you cannot get it anymore.

The other issue I noticed is the same that manu hear had which is the rail dust rusting on the white paint I have about 30 of them all over and mine is a 2008.5 I know it is not rust because most are on the bumper which is impossible to rust. My question is does Mazda just power wash them off or do they use the clay brush!

The pic is just an example of what it looks like until tomorrow

Thanks Terry

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 Rear Ended & Rail Dust

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the dealer's detailer but he will likely just try to power polish them off. You could ask the dealer what their method is. I would recommend you claybar yourself or contact one of our sponsors.

The bumper is plastic and so painting it will never make it perfectly match the body even from factory. It may be less of a factor now that our paint systems are more advanced. I can't tell myself. If your car is still fairly new, repainting shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olestra do you work for a dealer and if so which one?

Thanks Terry

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my experience, the "nice guy" that hit you is always out to just screw you and weasel out of taking any responsibility... they will just BS you all the way and they'll drag the whole thing out for months until there's nothing you can do

as long as you got insurance info and all his info, keep it handy.... you might still need to use it!

anyway, the only way for your car to look good again is to replace that bumper outright... its already deformed and any sort of repair work is going to make it look bad.... you'll kick yourself years from now when you look at that bumper
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    in my experience, the "nice guy" that hit you is always out to just screw you and weasel out of taking any responsibility... they will just BS you all the way and they'll drag the whole thing out for months until there's nothing you can do

as long as you got insurance info and all his info, keep it handy.... you might still need to use it!

anyway, the only way for your car to look good again is to replace that bumper outright... its already deformed and any sort of repair work is going to make it look bad.... you'll kick yourself years from now when you look at that bumper
    +1, always save ur own ass first lol
    Current: 2016 Lexus GS-F, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
    Past: 2015 Scion FRS 6MT, 2010 M3 E90 6MT, 2013 Scion FRS 6MT, 2005 Mazda 3 GT Hatch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was rear ended too recently, im getting a new bumper isntalled, painted and clear coated and all, 834.44 total. Best part is the other guy gets the bill
    2013 Mazda 3 GS Sport Sky CWP
    20% tints
    6000k HIDs
    18" RX8's Wrapped in Sumitomos