Thread: problem with rear brake

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default problem with rear brake

something wrong with the rear right side brake, every time i use brake will have noise fk loud. harsh for ear

all the brake is just been changed for 1 month, and someone told me is over heating, i go to canadian tire they told me install is $120 and didnt have pad for 05 mazda 2.0l now. i need to order them if i want...

hope someone can tell me what i can do now...

maybe i can buy the pad online and find someone who know how to change this, but must be professional

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: problem with rear brake

If you are positive it is the right rear and it is overheating then you are looking at either 1 of 2 things a seized caliper or a siezed handbrake cable. If the car is under warranty take it to the dealer. If not under warranty i suggest a mechanic or someone who knows what they are doing
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx

no warranty now

can i just change the pad ? and someone told me i i change i need change the both at rear

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx

no warranty now

can i just change the pad ? and someone told me if change i need change the both at rear

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing the pads will not help your situation as you stated the right rear is overheating which means your pad is consistantly grabbing the rotor causing your car to slow down. This means your fuel economy will suffer, you may or may not get a pull to the right depending on how severely the caliper or handbrake cable is seized. You will NOT be able to compress the caliper so that you can put the new pads in. And yes when changing brakes you HAVE to do them on both sides left and right

Ride
    Speciallized Allez 16 Spd
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As what McGuyver mentioned, the cause of your issue are siezed brake caliper and seized parking brake cable. Don't bring your car to any Canadian Tire, they will just give you a lot of trial by mistake and BS, just bring your car to any recommended garage and they can provide you with straight answers.

I did my rear brakes by myself last month. Before assembling the parts back to its original locations, I checked my parking brake cables to ensure that everything is moving freely. Lubricated points that needs to be lubricated. After the complete brake assembly, my parking brakes still feels the same way like I got my car 3 years ago.
    2006 Mazda 3 A/T, Charcoal Grey, AXELA Badge, Front/Rear Drilled Rotors, New Front/Rear Powerstop Evolution Z16 Ceramic Brake Pads,
    Sensen Front Shocks, KYB GR2 Rear Shocks, All Stock, Aftermarket HID 8000k 55watts DRL, Aftermarket HID 8000k 35watts high beam, 120k kms (Aug. 6, 2012).