Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Re: Here's A Wild Idea: 2010 MID Display Swap

Quote Originally Posted by ptcary View Post
    Headed over to my friends place at 10am to put the steering wheel in this morning! He is a pro audio and alarm installer and has a lot of airbag experience and I still think that thing is like a bomb so I want his expertise.

Also, just wanted to post something to consider because we are all going to be getting these MIDs out of used wrecked 3's. If you are buying the used MID in person. Make sure the clear plastic cover on it is in good shape. DO NOT buy a cracked on thinking you can just swap your brand new one can be swapped onto it. They are actually the same shape with different mounting tabs and screw tabs so they are not interchangeable.

Mine was in great shape, but not as nice as my brand new one had some swirl marks in it very much like swirl marks in car paint. I went over mine with some Meguairs polish and it cleaned up really well; but it would have been perfect to swap the brand new one onto the used MID housing.

I know this may be nitpicking, but it is something to consider if you see a good deal on a used MID but the clear cover is scratched or cracked.
    Sorry for dig up old topic. With refer to this currently mine with 2 display without the color MID. And mine is right hand drive. Was wondering can the color MID display to be swap out and insert to my current MID?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Here's A Wild Idea: 2010 MID Display Swap

I have a 2012 GX and have installed the wheel from a 2010 mazdaspeed3 and a dual display. I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with the radio info not coming up after swapping the displays. The car info display works fine, but I cannot get any information from the stock head unit (radio). Could it be a bad display?

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjgreen View Post
    I have a 2012 GX and have installed the wheel from a 2010 mazdaspeed3 and a dual display. I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with the radio info not coming up after swapping the displays. The car info display works fine, but I cannot get any information from the stock head unit (radio). Could it be a bad display?
    I haven't seen the radio display just die on any of these cars. What all have you changed on this car? just the steering wheel? or the displays as well?

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed the wheel from no wheel controls to a 2010 mazdaspeed 3 leather wheel and the single display to a dual display.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567