Thread: 2008 MS3 more modded results

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2008 MS3 more modded results

Alright went to the dyno for a 3rd time. Last time with the CPE CAI, CPE DP, CPE CB, RPMC inlet, and HKS BOV I dynoed 268Whp and 290WTQ.

Since then I added the Cobb AP. I took a stage 2+94oct tune and tweak the AF, boost, and throttle mapping a little bit to my own tastes.

The results came back 279Whp, and 300Wtq now. You can see the huge gain in power over the stock throttle map. at 6200RPM the car was making 61WHP over stock, and at the 6700RPM redline it gained about 80WHP over stock. Cobb AP FTW.

http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/a...9-09-28001.jpg

J
    1995 R33 GTR - Midnight Purple, BBS LM Championships, 98GTR Xenon, HKS, Greddy, OS Giken, Apexi
    2008 MS3 - Black Mica - No more performance, Autometer boost guage, ELF 5.1 brake fluid, Stoptech slotted, Hawk HP+

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2008 MS3 more modded results

where is this dyno you went to? =)

I'm looking for one that can read an AP car no sweat.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Numbers! Did you ever dyno the car with just an intake on it? I know we have different intakes(mine is MS) but just wanted to know a general idea of what I was looking at numbers wise. I know AEM got like 28whp but that seems a little high...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just helping out
    Diesel tractor...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks...weren't look for it from the pic...

can you give us more details...if the price is right, I'm sure Big Dad and myself would be interetested amongst other...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assumed by the name "Da Silva" it was a Portuguese shop in my old hood (Toronto), but this place seems to be in Pickering:

Da Silva Racing
    960 Brock Road
    Pickering ON
    L1W 2A1
    (http://www.mustangtoystore.com)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep it is Dasilva racing in Pickering. Its on Brock Road just about 1 minute south of the 401. They charged me $50 for 2 pulls with wideband. It read the car no problem. They also have a small fan that can go on the intercooler if ou have the stock TMIC.

My results are a little skewed because they were slow so I basically showed up and went right on the dyno hot. My 268 run was when I sat for 15 minutes and then they put the fan on my TMIC. This time I hopped on and they couldn't find the fan so I lost some cooling power. The 2nd run dropped due to overheating to 260whp and 274wtq.

I dynoed stock with jus the inlet at 242/250 then with inlet, CAI, TBE I dynoed 268/290.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice numbers.

Have you run the 1/4 with your current mods? How is traction in 1st through 3rd?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best at the track so far is 13.6 at 106MPH with this setup. That was using LC and FFS also.

The times were held back by surging and dips in the power. I think the power was being cut by the fuel pump losing pressure, and the TMIC overheating and causing the car to switch to the low boost mapping.

Datalogging on th street shows that I still have strong fuel pressure though (1500PSI+) so I am a little confused. I think the main issue is probably TMIC efficiency, as it heats up uncontrollably in the staging lanes. I think the best solution for the strip is the TT liquid to air intercooler.

Traction at the strip is poor in 1st, and in 2nd. But fine from 3rd up. In 1st it still spins pretty hard, and in 2nd it hooks up and then breaks loose as the boost builds in the midrange.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spd frk View Post
    My best at the track so far is 13.6 at 106MPH with this setup. That was using LC and FFS also.

The times were held back by surging and dips in the power. I think the power was being cut by the fuel pump losing pressure, and the TMIC overheating and causing the car to switch to the low boost mapping.

Datalogging on th street shows that I still have strong fuel pressure though (1500PSI+) so I am a little confused. I think the main issue is probably TMIC efficiency, as it heats up uncontrollably in the staging lanes. I think the best solution for the strip is the TT liquid to air intercooler.

Traction at the strip is poor in 1st, and in 2nd. But fine from 3rd up. In 1st it still spins pretty hard, and in 2nd it hooks up and then breaks loose as the boost builds in the midrange.
    I agree with your observations with regards to power @ the strip, heat soak, etc.