Thread: AT Warning Light Illuminates

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: AT Warning Light Illuminates

your issue is most likely different and was talked about also... if you search for one of my posts, I posted a solution to it
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    your issue is most likely different and was talked about also... if you search for one of my posts, I posted a solution to it
    I went through all your posts but I wasn't able to find anything.

This morning when I drove the car, the CEL light was on but the AT light never came on. I checked my engine and tranny fluid and they're both find. My car's got a little over 102,000km on it and the tranny fluid was replaced less than 15,000km ago.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try and diagnose the problem tomorrow at the shop with the mechanic. He says although it's probably the sensor, it could also be the wiring, or even internal failure. If a bearing is going there could be too much play, therefore causing faulty readings from the TSS. So we're going to put the scope on it and see what the SIN wave looks like, if its steady with no spikes or plateaus, then its most likely the sensor. I'll let you guys know.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just read this thread...I need help.

Off and on over the past few months my AT light has gone on with the CEL...randomly (usually the AT goes off and the CEL hangs around a bit until it too goes off). I noticed my tachometer acting funny when the light has gone on...It doesn't move steady and smoothly as it usually does. This last time, it didn't go back to "steady and smooth" once the lights went away. I've also may have noticed more jerking of the car when i shift gears. So i checked the Codes at my mech's place. It was P0715. I have just replaced both the speed and turbine sensors...but the tachometer still is jumpy. Any help here? I can drive it for a while and see if the AT/CEL pops up again and check the code...but i'm worried about messing up my tranny.

Note my car is an '04 with 130k on it.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your problem sounds different than ours was. Did yours shift down to third and stay there until coming to a complete stop? Judging by your write up, it sounds like a bad wire somewhere, or a corroded plug. The TSS has nothing to do with your tach, although they do rely on eachother for calculating shift points. Where the computer gets the signal for the tach I have no idea. It could be cam sensors, crank sensor... Not sure. But if one of those sensors was acting up, then there would be a code for those. I suggest getting the car scoped out. On our car the signal just dropped then came back. I would suggest letting the mechanic at our shop scope it cause he knows his shite, but I don't want to seem like I'm advertising or shop. So PM me if interested

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Please don't laugh on me, everybody is talking about AT light, what does it mean AT though?
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corn View Post
    Hi,

Please don't laugh on me, everybody is talking about AT light, what does it mean AT though?
    Thanks.
    Automatic Transmission, at least thats what I always assumed

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2010 Mazda 3, just got it 14 days ago "as is". I thought it was a really good deal at first but now I have this AT warning light that comes on whenever it wants; when it does come on and I have my foot on the gas it feels like it grabs hard and jerks. I let off the gas, "mostly out of shock"from the jolt.just had the ATF changed and doesn't seem to have a bad tranny. I had it parked sitting in my driveway and the AT light came on and off but didn't budge at all ? Can't figure this out. Anyone have a idea ?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was the transmission going would it throw the AT light on when I wasn't moving?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the manual AT stands for Automatic Transaxle, which in English terms means Automatic Transmission

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you so sure you don't have a bad transmission just because you had the fluid changed?
    Did you have the same symptoms before the fluid change? If not then obviously something went wrong after the change. And I would recommend checking the fluid level as incorrect level can cause all kinds of issues. But for all we know it could have bad clutches or gear monitoring faults. When your light comes on something is obviously wrong. Going to need to find someone with a scanner that can pull trans codes
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver_3 View Post
    When your light comes on something is obviously wrong. Going to need to find someone with a scanner that can pull trans codes
    +1 when the light comes on something is wrong or is about to go and is periodically causing the light. Pull the codes.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help. My sons 2007 Mazda3 GT is having same troubles with the AT light. First instance we got it checked right away at a transmission place in Etobicoke. Code from warning lights was a P0758, shift solenoid B. So this solenoid was replaced and pan cleaned and new oil put in. I was told a lot of dirt was in the pan but all cleaned out. Job was $800. Next morning it happened again. Back to tranny guy who cleaned pan again and put more oil in for another $50. Next morning all came back on, CEL and AT lights. Talked to a Mazda dealer in my neighbourhood in March ssissauga and they would check the codes and probably install a new TCM for over $1G. They don’t even sound confident would fix and suggested we buy new of course or replace tranny. Car has almost 235K so not sure what to do cause kinda scared to put a lot of money into a 2007 car but was hoping to still have this going for another few years. Any advice?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda3Mom View Post
    I need help. My sons 2007 Mazda3 GT is having same troubles with the AT light. First instance we got it checked right away at a transmission place in Etobicoke. Code from warning lights was a P0758, shift solenoid B. So this solenoid was replaced and pan cleaned and new oil put in. I was told a lot of dirt was in the pan but all cleaned out. Job was $800. Next morning it happened again. Back to tranny guy who cleaned pan again and put more oil in for another $50. Next morning all came back on, CEL and AT lights. Talked to a Mazda dealer in my neighbourhood in March ssissauga and they would check the codes and probably install a new TCM for over $1G. They don’t even sound confident would fix and suggested we buy new of course or replace tranny. Car has almost 235K so not sure what to do cause kinda scared to put a lot of money into a 2007 car but was hoping to still have this going for another few years. Any advice?
    if it comes back might need a tranny.i used to work for mazda for 5 years and those older ones can get expensive when the at light comes on. and we replaced that cars transmission with a used one, last may, then the valve body, and tcm. now the light has come back on and were doing the transmission again. ive already told him to sell the car. i know its hard to part with but it can get very expensive. if it were me. id cut the loss now and sell it. try and find something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srbin View Post
    As I was driving towards Sq1 today AT Warning Light illuminated... I immediately started checking the gear shifting in order to check if it's maybe problem with TSS but everything seemed to be fine... Would a simple transmission flush fix this or could it be something else?

Anyone experienced this problem yet? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything...
    I started off with just the AT light coming on (Automatric Transaxle), and even it got work and it would drop from 5 to 3, and then sometimes would not go show the gears in the dashboard.

It got worst with the warmer weather

Today, I replaced the Transmission Control Module and now it is working perfectly fine!

The TCM is a common issue and is the same for 2007, 2008 and 2009

Read my post: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...mission-issues

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda3Mom View Post
    Check out my post today http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...mission-issues

I am pretty sure it is the TCM and you can get one rebuild for $250 to $300 dollars.

Fixed my issue right away. and was easy to install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12