Thread: Corrosion Free Rustproofing - CT at Tinity Commons in Brampton - Totally incompetent

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corrosion Free Rustproofing - CT at Tinity Commons in Brampton - Totally incompetent

I paid $50 for the basic package (undercarriage, wheel wells and bumper some thing). Very young kid sprayed the car ten minutes and said it was done. I asked him whether he sprayed the wheel well. He said he didn't because it is not covered in the basic package. I asked him whether he has sprayed a car before. He said this was his first job but another guy was supervising him. Apparently, the guy who was supervising has sprayed only twice before. When I complained to the service manager, he got a experienced tech to spray again. he even took out the plastic cover in the front part of the undercarriage to spray and sprayed the wheel wells too.

I found the staff at CT didn't know what each package covers when it was clearly indicated on Corrosion Free brochures. The service advisers and asst. manager didn't know how many years were covered under Corrosion Free's warranty. Basically they were clueless.

I could have done same thing with a can of Corrosion Free or WD40 if I got under the car. In fact a bought a can of WD40 in summer to spray under the car but didn't like the idea of crawling under the car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Corrosion Free Rustproofing - CT at Tinity Commons in Brampton - Totally incompet

Even Consumer Reports could have told you not to go to CT for rustproofing and to spend a little extra and go to Krown instead. Honestly, what did you really expect from CT? A top quality job by techs who know what they're doing?
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Corrosion Free Rustproofing - CT at Tinity Commons in Brampton - Totally incompet

I wouldn't even take my car to CT to clean a bird shit stain if anyone paid me. I'd be surprised if they could clean it and not screw something up. Its all kids who work in their auto shops, or older guys who have failed their mechanics test too many times. Bottom line, don't go there. Yes, there is the odd one or two who can actually do shit properly, but that is rare.
    Too Many Mods To List

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have gone to CT for break jobs on my Caravan. I guess the quality of work depends on the location and the experience of the techs. The lack of knowledge and skill in rustproofing was shocking.

I went to CT because it was convenient and cheap. It was rather an impulsive decision. I don't believe any rust proofing, including Known, will stop surface rusting.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean, 'surface rusting'? Underbody, outer body or both? Are you talking about the little specks of what looks like rust on the body of the car that is actually 'rail dust'. Do you ever wax your car on a regular basis, say 2 or 3 times a year?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not preventing it from rust
    it's postponing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom Boy View Post
    What do you mean, 'surface rusting'? Underbody, outer body or both? Are you talking about the little specks of what looks like rust on the body of the car that is actually 'rail dust'. Do you ever wax your car on a regular basis, say 2 or 3 times a year?
    My car doesn't have any rust because it is new. The rust problem Mazda 3 owners have is surface rust on outer body. See ZoomZoomGirl's post and photos here. No amount of rustproofing going to help in this situation. It is better to wash and wax the car than wasting money on rustproofing. I feel most people just rustproof their car with identifying the problem first.