Thread: When does Mazda recommend you change your Manual Transmission Fluid?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question When does Mazda recommend you change your Manual Transmission Fluid?

OK, I'm trying to help my sister figure out when to flush her manual transmission. Easy task I thought. Go onto Mazda Canada and look at the maintenance schedule.

Found it here

When I search for transmission, nothing comes up for the Mazda3.

In prior threads it was mentioned that it was a sealed unit and each dealership recommends flushing it at some point. Does anyone know the offical stand of Mazda on changing the manual transmission fluid in their car?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: When does Mazda recommend you change your Manual Transmission Fluid?

Search for "transmission flush". This has been discussed a lot.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: When does Mazda recommend you change your Manual Transmission Fluid?

Yes I know. There's questions about what oil to use and I believe you were the one that mentioned it was a sealed unit. There are discussions over flush and just fluid change. I took a look already.

I just find it odd not to be in their maintenance schedule. I've asked my sister to contact Mazda Canada however I thought someone would chime in.

Many dealerships recommend it at some point. It's just good to get a definitive answer about yes it needs to be done or not.

I'm aware if the fluid looks or smells funny or if the car has been through deep water. What about just normal every day wear and tear? So what mileage?

It'd be good to have a rough idea so that if you go to the dealership and they say it is part of their 20 K package you know something is up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its right on the mazda.ca page, have a look..i found it in roughly 15sec
    Adam - Kitchener, Ontario.
    Far Far West O'l G! Proud Owner of the Whop-Toboggan Rice Bomb!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Canada, Mazdas does not mention any fluid change neccessary on the manual transmission.Outside North America it is recommended at 100k.Pesonally I changed it out relatively early, can't remember exactly; 32k or 40k service...I just wanted to get the 'ol factory stuff out and some Synthetic in there was my reason why....and notchy shifting ;-)

_3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    In Canada, Mazdas does not mention any fluid change neccessary on the manual transmission.Outside North America it is recommended at 100k.Pesonally I changed it out relatively early, can't remember exactly; 32k or 40k service...I just wanted to get the 'ol factory stuff out and some Synthetic in there was my reason why....and notchy shifting ;-)

_3
    Just wondering did you notice any difference in shifting after switching to synthetic??
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1983 View Post
    its right on the mazda.ca page, have a look..i found it in roughly 15sec

Thanks, help a member out and post the link as I know I'm getting old and my eyes don't appear to be working as good as they used to.

Guys, I'm trying to be constructive here and not trying to come across as a noob.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from factory, courtesy talking to mazda techs, the car comes with 75w90 oil...which is a synthetic blend oil to me understanding

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bubba1983 View Post
    from factory, courtesy talking to mazda techs, the car comes with 75w90 oil...which is a synthetic blend oil to me understanding
    I was at MoT yesterday and that's that what Vincent and Joe said - that it's a 75w90 synthetic blend.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's in your owners manual. Manual transaxle oil is to be replaced at 60 mths or 100k kms; whichever comes first. Section 8-8 of the 2005 owners manual:

http://www.mazda.ca/OwnerLounge/Inte..._Mazda3_EN.pdf
    Is not here

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    It's in your owners manual. Manual transaxle oil is to be replaced at 60 mths or 100k kms; whichever comes first. Section 8-8 of the 2005 owners manual:

Great, thanks and good find. I was looking at the 2006 and up manual and it appears this chart is not in the new ones.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

That is not the schedule you should be following, that is for outside NA, as I mentioned in my post above!.FYI; Schedule 2 should be followed in Canada...But also like I mentioned, I changed it out early.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aristeidis View Post
    Just wondering did you notice any difference in shifting after switching to synthetic??
    Yes I did!! Actually several hundred kilometers after replacing the fluid with Redline 75w-90ns I experience much smoother shifting and almost zero notchiness, even in extreme cold temps.

_3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I did!! Actually several hundred kilometers after replacing the fluid with Redline 75w-90ns I experience much smoother shifting and almost zero notchiness, even in extreme cold temps.

_3
    I might swtich mine over to synthetic soon...thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

_3
    hmm ... I should look into this ... I'm almost at 80k since I drive from Kitchener to Toronto daily. Should help with my shifts I assume