Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm going off for no reason?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alarm going off for no reason?

the alarm always arms itself when you lock the doors, even if you press the "lock" button from the inside before closing the door... it will be armed so long as every door is closed in the car (that includes trunk and hood)
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blah, 6 months free and it started again a week ago, so annoying!
    05 MZ3 GT GFX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now realize what's causing my alarm to go off on its own.

Seems like one of my door sensors are faulty, don't know which one.
    Even when the doors are locked, the 'door open' light randomly turns on and sets the alarm off. The car thinks a door is being opened.

Even when i'm driving, the interior lights suddenly turn on because it thinks a door is open.

Anyone have a ballpark figure as to how much this will cost to inspect and repair??
    '04 GT GFX

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for bumping an old thread, did anyone ever get this solved/know the approximate cost for replacing a door pin?

my alarm is going CRAZY lately

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I solved my problem - Mine was because of a faulty switch/pin in the hood latch. I am assuming you have a stock car, you can unplug it for a temporary fix, just follow the wire and unplug it. This will disable the alarm and you will lose the blinking light when you press the key fob, but it was better than having the alarm go off in the middle of the night.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thesober View Post
    I think I solved my problem - Mine was because of a faulty switch/pin in the hood latch. I am assuming you have a stock car, you can unplug it for a temporary fix, just follow the wire and unplug it. This will disable the alarm and you will lose the blinking light when you press the key fob, but it was better than having the alarm go off in the middle of the night.
    Great, thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot sometime soon (for some reason the random beeps have stopped, perhaps weather related?)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine (2005 GT) just started doing this the other day. It will always engage the alarm as soon as I unlock the door with the remote. It was also doing this while I was driving (locking the door constantly).

I think it sounds pretty similar to your issue, although mine doesn't go off randomly. Any tips on what I should check for?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thesober View Post
    Believe me to all of you I have had mine since 2005 that alarm randomly goes off and it can just be based on weather change. I have no clue on turning it off. Where is the wire at to turn this off? Does it start from the steering wheel? I need to turn this off its getting worse and worse. I will never get a car alarm again thats for sure. This is a stocked alarm by the company. It just randomly goes off and they want to charge me to take it out. I just want to turn it off. I cant afford to pay them to take it out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride
    2008 BMW 323i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this issue to , my car locks itself and my hatch is open then goes nuts
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrfisher111 View Post
    Believe me to all of you I have had mine since 2005 that alarm randomly goes off and it can just be based on weather change. I have no clue on turning it off. Where is the wire at to turn this off? Does it start from the steering wheel? I need to turn this off its getting worse and worse. I will never get a car alarm again thats for sure. This is a stocked alarm by the company. It just randomly goes off and they want to charge me to take it out. I just want to turn it off. I cant afford to pay them to take it out.
    You just need to unplug the connector - it's located where the hood locks into the car, there's a wire in the latch, just follow it, it's under 12" long to the connector, just unplug that. You will lose your light indicator when you lock your doors with the fob because the car thinks the hood is opened, but if you don't want the alarm to go off, it's worth it. My only caveat is that you do this if you're a daily driver, it will drain more battery because your car isn't in sleep mode.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2010 Mazda3 (2.5L engine) is having this problem now. Driving me and my neighbours crazy.

Anybody with recent experience on how to fix this problem?

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_w89 View Post
    My 2010 Mazda3 (2.5L engine) is having this problem now. Driving me and my neighbours crazy.

Many thanks.
    Ive had this happen with me.
    My solution was the FOBs . The Fob was setting off the alarm .
    When im not using car i take the cover off the fob like as if you were changing the battery. (i did also get new batteries).
    Not sure if it was the low battery or the interior contact points ... this worked for me no more car alarm going off

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andy_w89 View Post

Many thanks.
    I've had quiet for a week (so far) by removing the hood latch sensor and adjusting the metal contact to make it reliably stay pushed when the hood was closed. Prior to this there would be days with multiple alarms going off, followed by 3 or 4 days with it working as expected.

If you just disconnect the hood latch sensor the alarm will never arm. It is a quick way to at least stop annoying the neighbours.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jv3gt View Post
    I've had quiet for a week (so far) by removing the hood latch sensor and adjusting the metal contact to make it reliably stay pushed when the hood was closed. Prior to this there would be days with multiple alarms going off, followed by 3 or 4 days with it working as expected.

If you just disconnect the hood latch sensor the alarm will never arm. It is a quick way to at least stop annoying the neighbours.

Still no alarm going off. I guess that sensor was my issue.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having this issue intermittently with my 05 Sport GT for a couple of years. I have confirmed that my car does not have a shock sensor. In my case, it only happens on sunny, warm or hot days, so trying to diagnose it in the winter time is near impossible. I have determined that in my case, it is not the hood latch switch. Last summer, I tried disconnecting the hood switch and that prevented the system from arming... Problem solved, and no more rogue alarms sounding. Unfortunately, this keeps something in the PJB/BCM awake by design, causing it to draw approximately 150mA all the time, rather than the >10mA that it draws when the system sleeps after a few minutes normally. I discovered this because it's enough to discharge a healthy battery to the point of no crank after 4 or 5 days parked. I reconnected the hood sensor and didn't have an alarm (or a sunny day) for quite some time, and no more battery drain. Sure enough though, when the weather improved, the alarm started misbehaving again. I determined that in order to disable the alarm without causing battery drain, I would have to remove power from the PJB/BCM, (the passenger side fuse panel) which is rather annoying. I decided to bypass the hood switch by snipping its connector off and shorting the two wires together to keep the circuit closed - as though the hood is always closed. This didn't fix the problem, but at least I'd eliminated the hood sensor. More recently, I realized that the issue occurred based on what area of the car was getting the most direct sun. If the rear of the car stays in the shade, the alarm is unlikely to go off. If the rear of the car gets sun in the morning and afternoon, the alarm almost always goes off in the evening after the car is in complete shade. If the rear of the car gets late afternoon and evening sun, it often goes off very early the next morning. It seems to be connected to something contracting as it cools off. When the alarm goes off, I disarm and rearm it immediately, but it very rarely goes off a second time. Since the issue seems to be related to the rear of the car, I took off the rear hatch interior trim and disconnected its latch switch. With that circuit open, the car behaves as if the hatch is always closed. The alarm still goes off on its own. Next up is the rear doors. I thought I would make this post primarily to warn others of the battery drain when disconnecting the hood switch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12