Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bose Sound System in 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT vs. Bose Sound System in 2006 Mazda 6 GT

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bose Sound System in 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT vs. Bose Sound System in 2006 Mazda 6 GT

Does anyone know how these two systems compare?

I currently drive a 2006 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon GT Fully loaded and really like the Bose sound system in this vehicle. At present, my husband and I are on the verge of purchasing a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport with GT Luxury Package but we really would like the Bose system and wonder if the GTE upgrade is worth it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bose Sound System in 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT vs. Bose Sound System in 2006 Mazda 6

Hello and welcome. I currently have a 10 GT-E with the bose as it is apart of the E package. The E package includes
    smart key/with push button start
    bi xenon functional headlights(they turn with you when you turn a corner)
    Navigation system(not really my cup of tea screen is rather small)
    10.1 Bose surround sound system/with a 6cd indash changer
    Price of package (when I purchased my car)
    2000$

Was the upgrade worth it?
    YES

Why?
    All the options in this package are worth a FORTUNE if you were to try and add all this in after the fact. I know you are not looking for gadgets (although nice to have lol) but i strongly suggest this. If you do decide on this i would also consider extended warranty. My thoughts on that were first production run of the 2010's there are probably going to be problems with electrical as they are far more sophisticated then the previous generation.

I have absoloutely nothing bad to say about the Bose system and would refer it to everyone
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bose Sound System in 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT vs. Bose Sound System in 2006 Mazda 6

Quote Originally Posted by McGuyver_3 View Post
    Hello and welcome. I currently have a 10 GT-E with the bose as it is apart of the E package. The E package includes
    smart key/with push button start
    bi xenon functional headlights(they turn with you when you turn a corner)
    Navigation system(not really my cup of tea screen is rather small)
    10.1 Bose surround sound system/with a 6cd indash changer
    Price of package (when I purchased my car)
    2000$

Was the upgrade worth it?
    YES

Why?
    All the options in this package are worth a FORTUNE if you were to try and add all this in after the fact. I know you are not looking for gadgets (although nice to have lol) but i strongly suggest this. If you do decide on this i would also consider extended warranty. My thoughts on that were first production run of the 2010's there are probably going to be problems with electrical as they are far more sophisticated then the previous generation.

I have absoloutely nothing bad to say about the Bose system and would refer it to everyone
    Yah - $2000 is a very good price for what you get in the GT-E package, compared to other manufacturers. However, it may not be stuff you really want/need.

I have a 2010 Mazda3 with the GT-E package and here's my take...

Nav is nice to have built-in but is far less usable than a seperate Garmin system.

The swivel headlights really don't make any difference in my opinion.

The Bose sound system is not dramatically better to the non-Bose system I had in my 2006 Mazda3 GT.

I'm really enjoying the Sirius satellite radio and will probably get a subscription. But the sound quality is noticably compressed when comparing to a CD or external MP3 player.

I think my favourite parts of the GT-E package are the keyless entry and push-button start.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the swivel headlights and the fact they are bixenons.
    The bose system is deffinatly dramatically better then the non bose equipped ones. I dont know the type of music you listen to but I notice it. Or it may be because I am running an aftermarket deck in my car already. Was a little bit of pain to instal but doable.

The push button meh I'd rather have a regular key but I will admit it is really cool to have the smart key technology

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by civuck View Post
    $2000 is a very good price for what you get in the GT-E package, compared to other manufacturers. However, it may not be stuff you really want/need.

I have a 2010 Mazda3 with the GT-E package and here's my take...

Nav is nice to have built-in but is far less usable than a seperate Garmin system.

The swivel headlights really don't make any difference in my opinion.

The Bose sound system is not dramatically better to the non-Bose system I had in my 2006 Mazda3 GT.

I'm really enjoying the Sirius satellite radio and will probably get a subscription. But the sound quality is noticably compressed when comparing to a CD or external MP3 player.

I think my favourite parts of the GT-E package are the keyless entry and push-button start.
    Ahem ........

GPS (Gone PHackin' MiSsing) Nav system:

Completely falable and dependent upon updates and the ...

program/enter/menu/search/menu/back/read/reset/area search/Why is it showing me restaurants??/ Wanna go to the theatre!!/This is HAL/Turn left at the next corner, sweetheart./Noooooooo!/Watch out for that monument!/ Hey! There's a fackin' brick wall!!! / Scotty, beam me the fack outta here....

... capablities of the user.

Google is free. Buy or print a fackin' analogue map and plan your trip BEFORE you get behind the wheel. $3.95 & no raise in insurance premiums.

Swivel Headlights:

"Honest, officer! The ditch was lit up perfectly, but the deer was in the middle of the road!"

Bose - Shmose:

Turn it up loud enough, and your olfactory senses become overloaded to the point that it can't tell what the fackin' song is.

Sirius satellite:

Computer in house. Piles of tunes. CD burner in computer. No commercials. No subsciption fees. Seri-usly, need I say more?

And my favourite as well as yours is the Keyless Entry and Push Button Start features:

My car:
    1) Approach car and push button / door unlocks.
    2) Enter car and insert key/turn key/start
    3) Drive away

Fancy car:
    2) Enter car and insert key/push another button/turn key/start

..or is it ?? !! ........

push button/don't fackin' work/insert key/try button again/remove key/push other button/read owners manual/mental melt down / grab phone ..................... / call ambulance & CAA

My plus $3.95 for the map and tax = $4.46

Total Savings $2000 - $4.46 = $1955.54
    Last edited by mazdilla; 01-20-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    Mazda ... gone zoom zoom!
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB 'Lifted'/ 2008 Ford Escape Limited
    P.S. Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, 'The Light at the End of the Tunnel' has been turned off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot of people get carried away with options on cars nowadays.
    Which is why they get heavier and heavier every year.
    Recently Mazda has annouced they're going to work on making their cars lighter. But I only see that happening on specific vehicles.

Has anyone realized the new Mazda3 is slightly slower than the out going model?? I wonder why that is??

The GT-E options are going to be 1 of those things people are going to pounder over and when you're at the dealer the sales guy is going to push for you to pick up that additional package.

I'm not a big fan of the 2010's simply because of their front end. And the fact the interior is slightly tighter than the out going model.
    This being said, I think a standard GT with the "luxury package" is more than enough car than most people would need. Hell, even taking the standard GT is more than enough car.
    You're not going to miss out on anything by not getting the GT-E package.

Ride
    Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And my favourite as well as yours is the Keyless Entry and Push Button Start features:

My car:
    2) Enter car and insert key/turn key/start
    3) Drive away

Fancy car:
    2) Enter car and insert key/push another button/turn key/start

..or is it ?? !! ........

push button/don't fackin' work/insert key/try button again/remove key/push other button/read owners manual/mental melt down / grab phone ..................... / call ambulance & CAA

Actually, you don't have to insert any key on a GT-E or Speed3. Leave the key in your pocket (or purse for the ladies), push button on the door handle to enter, push button on the dash to start. I sold a GT-E and Speed3 recently and both customers love the intelligent key, Bose stereo, and nav system. Both cars also have buttons in the tail lights (Speed3's is in the right tail and GT-E sedan's is in the 3rd brake light) for unlocking and opening the hatch/trunk without using a key.

I agree people can get carried away with features but both of my customers said "you're only young once" and both are big music lovers so the Bose system was a must.

To answer the original question, the Bose system in the 2006 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon features 4 speakers, 2 tweeters, and a subwoofer compared to the 2010 3 GT-E with 7 speakers, 2 tweeters, and a subwoofer. I would have to say you won't be disappointed with the new Bose system.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the feedback. peimazdasales...thanks for the info on the two sound systems I originally asked about.

Now we just have to decide how much do we really "need" that and all the other features provided in ther GTE package. I am wondering if our money is better spent on a set of winter tires and the extended warranty and just getting the GT with luxury.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see what I mean? More = "better"

Our CX-7 has the credit card keyless system. Can't stand that thing! We leave the truck in the garage and the second you walk away, it locks up. So if anyone needs to get anything from it, you have to have the stupid credit card key.
    I think there's a way to deprogram it, but no one has bothered to do so.
    What would be the point in having a button on the car doors/hatch if you've got the keyless fob?? Doesn't the fob come with unlocking buttons for both doors and the hatch? Kinda redundant, don't you think?

As for the Bose system, if the user is truly a music "lover", I seriously doubt they would choose Bose for their audio system.
    Besides, in a car you can't get very good acoustics because the car itself makes noise while you're driving it. Road noise, wind noise, mechanical noise, etc.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say get the e package for the price and options you are losing out on it's worth the 2000$ and I don't care what anyone says my system sounds amazig of course not as good as my full blown alpine system in my previous 3 but I don't even need a seperate woofer like in my old car

Ride
    Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point of the intelligent key system is never having to take the key out of your pocket/purse. Its not a big deal for some people but I know my wife thinks its a great idea. You can disable the auto lock feature. The nice thing is you can push the buttons on most of the new intellignet key fobs (except the RX-8 which is the credit card) to unlock/lock from a distance too.

As for music lovers not wanting the Bose systmer, I'm not sure if I follow that rationale. One of my custoemrs had a $14,000 stereo in his 09 Mazda 3 Sport GS and traded for the 2010 Mazdaspeed3. Of course the Bose wasn't as good as the custom high end systme in his other car but it was no slouch either.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdilla View Post
    Ahem ........

GPS (Gone PHackin' MiSsing) Nav system:

... push button/don't fackin' work/insert key/try button again/remove key/push other button/read owners manual/mental melt down / grab phone ..................... / call ambulance & CAA

My plus $3.95 for the map and tax = $4.46

Total Savings $2000 - $4.46 = $1955.54
    Oops! Make that a total savings of $1995.46.

BTW ... a great sound system is always good.

But a GPS system? Give me a break.
    They were designed for nautical (aero and marine). I have yet to see one that functions perfectly when applied to land vehicle use within the confines of an urban setting. They are a nuisance, totally misleading and quite frankly, dangerous. A map is the way to go. I am a geography major. I know this sh*t.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But a GPS system? Give me a break.
    They were designed for nautical (aero and marine). I have yet to see one that functions perfectly when applied to land vehicle use within the confines of an urban setting. They are a nuisance, totally misleading and quite frankly, dangerous. A map is the way to go. I am a geography major. I know this sh*t.
    Maps don't tell you where the nearest Tim Hortons is like a GPS. For me, that's worth the price of admission.

I acknowledge that paper maps have been used for hundreds of years for navigation and can be sufficient for basic "get me from here to there" stuff. But at some point you have to acknowledge the high convenience factor of an onboard nav system with all the other info it can provide. A paper map is simply incapable of providing the gigabytes of info a GPS unit can. They should be standard for all cars and probably will be one day.

As far as GPS being dangerous... I think the temptation of trying to read a paper map while driving is far more dangerous.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the previous Gen Bose and they sound amazing compared to the OEM ones on the previous gens and the 2010. The treble / bass is just horrible when I had to drive a rental 2010 one time for music though I'm sure it would be fine for Radio. Some can say to go get the speakers replaced to but meh...
    2008.5 Metropolitan Grey Mica Mazda 3 GT Hatch with Luxury Package DONE: OEM LED Side Mirror Turn Signals | TM3 Decals / Plates | Axela Badge | 3M Scotchguard Film on Front Hood / Fenders | Solarguard Quantum Tints 37% Front 28% Back | Flipkey | JDM Rainguards | MS3 Rear Valence | Super White LED Interior / Trunk / License Plate Lights | Smoked LED Sidermarkers | Powdercoated Blue 18" OZ Ultraleggera Rims | Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 | Blue Calipers with Gunmetal Axela Decals | HID 6000K/3000K with Yellow Film Fogs | Hella Tones | Rally Armor Mudflaps | Powdercoated Gunmetal Xenon Expert Aluminum Pedals | Clear Reflectors | Carbon Fibre Rear Emblem Insert | Redline Elite Hood Lifts | CP-E Tow Plate | Her: 2012 Sky Blue Mica Mazda 3 GS

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we ended up getting the 2010 Mazda 3 Sport 6sp GT with Luxury Package with moonroof. After speaking with Jeff, we decided that since all we wanted was an upgrade in the music and nothing else from the GTE package, it would cost less to do that aftermarket.

Will be picking up our ride on Tuesday morning...sweet!!!!!!!!

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) ... Maps don't tell you where the nearest Tim Hortons is like a GPS....

2) ... A paper map is simply incapable of providing the gigabytes of info a GPS unit can. They should be standard for all cars and probably will be one day.

3) ... As far as GPS being dangerous... I think the temptation of trying to read a paper map while driving is far more dangerous.
    1) I hate Tim Horton's since they decided to serve freeze dried, reconstituted donuts. Freakin' hockey pucks, that's what they are... and their coffee is one molecule away from paint stripper status.

2) The plan is knowing where you are going before you move the car. Kinda like going for a sh*t. Make sure there's paper on the roll. Gigabytes of what??? ... Advertisements maybe??!!

3) Reading is reading; if the driver has to constantly look at a device to assure that the right direction is being travelled, then the driver obviously has a memory problem. Commiting the trip info to memory is the key. Safety is paramount.

GPS devices were not primarily devised for on-the-go ground street use vehicle applications. They should not be used to navigate while driving.

I'm sorry that I hijacked this thread, but civuck's post necessitated a reply.

As for your purchase, congrats! Enjoy your new car!

... and watch out for civuck; 'cause he doesn't have a clue where the next corner is!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) I hate Tim Horton's since they decided to serve freeze dried, reconstituted donuts. Freakin' hockey pucks, that's what they are... and their coffee is one molecule away from paint stripper status.

2) The plan is knowing where you are going before you move the car. Kinda like going for a sh*t. Make sure there's paper on the roll. Gigabytes of what??? ... Advertisements maybe??!!

3) Reading is reading; if the driver has to constantly look at a device to assure that the right direction is being travelled, then the driver obviously has a memory problem. Commiting the trip info to memory is the key. Safety is paramount.

GPS devices were not primarily devised for on-the-go ground street use vehicle applications. They should not be used to navigate while driving.

I'm sorry that I hijacked this thread, but civuck's post necessitated a reply.

As for your purchase, congrats! Enjoy your new car!

... and watch out for civuck; 'cause he doesn't have a clue where the next corner is!!

Well I think we're in an "agree to disagree" situation.

As far as "knowing where you are going before you move the car" - well that's not always very fun. Sometimes it's nice to just head out and see "where the road takes you" and just enjoy driving your car and maybe see some new scenery. And at the end of the day, you can rely on your GPS telling you where the closest gas station is, where the closest restaurant is and the quickest way home.

Not sure what you are referring to when you talk about advertisements. When I mentioned gigabytes of data, I was referring to all the points of interest included in the GPS. In a lot of cases this includes phone numbers which we've found to be very helpful.

You are correct - it is important to a commit a route to memory. But more often than not, it's not realistic if it's complex and you are in a hurry. So in those cases, you can LISTEN (not read) to the spoken GPS directions while driving to your destination.

And yes, Civuck does have a clue where the next corner is - my GPS just announced it to me with a lovely female voice across my Mazda3 Bose sound system.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct - it is important to a commit a route to memory. But more often than not, it's not realistic if it's complex and you are in a hurry. So in those cases, you can LISTEN (not read) to the spoken GPS directions while driving to your destination.
    Yes i agree especially when you get to select the voice of the GPS speaker
    Pearl White 2007 Mazda Axela GT with 6000k Prolumen HIDs, 35/28 Tints, Axela Badge

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this post was interesting about the Mazda3 Bose sound system.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this post was interesting about the Mazda3 Bose sound system.
    whys that? you have to factor in i am NOT running a factory deck with it. The factory deck only lasted maybe a month if lucky

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whys that? you have to factor in i am NOT running a factory deck with it. The factory deck only lasted maybe a month if lucky
    The deck isn't the limiting factor in that post...

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DualSoul View Post
    The deck isn't the limiting factor in that post...
    the deck puts out 4V in rca preouts, which I am using, which IMO makes the system sound better then stock so it would have something to do with it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's right I'm running the AVIC-Z110BT and it outputs 4V to my amps which results in a cleaner more powerful sound.

A stock deck cannot even come close to the sound quality.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am running the same unit and absoloutely love it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did you switch from the Alpine??????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast