Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mazda 3 gx... cruise control?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: mazda 3 gx... cruise control?

I asked a salesman tonight and he said that they don't even have to take apart the steering wheel or remove the airbag or anything. I find that conflicts with what I read on other threads. Of course I also asked this salesman about weathertec liners and they had a tiny one just for display in a display case. He was saying it was the actually size. But it's impossible since it would hardly cover half of the floor in the drivers side. lol some salesmen really just don't know anything. He even insisted that the GX had electric doors. I told him it came with the Comfort Package. He insisted he was right but then saw I was right. LOL anyhow......

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ the 2010 GX has power locks/windows.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I asked a salesman tonight and he said that they don't even have to take apart the steering wheel or remove the airbag or anything. I find that conflicts with what I read on other threads. Of course I also asked this salesman about weathertec liners and they had a tiny one just for display in a display case. He was saying it was the actually size. But it's impossible since it would hardly cover half of the floor in the drivers side. lol some salesmen really just don't know anything. He even insisted that the GX had electric doors. I told him it came with the Comfort Package. He insisted he was right but then saw I was right. LOL anyhow......
    That's why he's a salesman and not a service or parts guy.

I have seen a few sales people install floor mats though. lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPDADY View Post
    I have seen a few sales people install floor mats though. lol
    GASP!!!! do you think they had the appropriate training?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this still the price 334.26 today? If it is I would be interested.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on a 2010... maybe... but on the 2011, it now needs to be 'turned on' by a dealer through the computer.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a new Mazda 3 owner and have enjoyed reading through the forum threads. I'm in the U.S. and have a 2011 3I Sport which is equivalent to the Canadian market GX. I too would like to add/activate OEM cruise. After reading through some of the threads on here over the past few months I asked my local dealer about cruise activation and they had no idea. Toronto is a bit too far to drive to activate my cruise so instead, does anyone know if OEM cruise can be activated on a U.S. market 2011 3I Sport and, if so, can you point me in the right direction to get information with which I can educate my dealer? Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ddennis1101 View Post
    I'm a new Mazda 3 owner and have enjoyed reading through the forum threads. I'm in the U.S. and have a 2011 3I Sport which is equivalent to the Canadian market GX. I too would like to add/activate OEM cruise. After reading through some of the threads on here over the past few months I asked my local dealer about cruise activation and they had no idea. Toronto is a bit too far to drive to activate my cruise so instead, does anyone know if OEM cruise can be activated on a U.S. market 2011 3I Sport and, if so, can you point me in the right direction to get information with which I can educate my dealer? Thanks
    Have you tried contacting another dealer, how many are there in you area?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your price for cruise control installation on a 2010 Mazda 3 gx sport? Thanks

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard50 View Post
    Have you tried contacting another dealer, how many are there in you area?
    Hi, I am a Mazda3 2011 owner as well. I got and installed the cruise control (OEM) panels on my steering wheel. However the cruise control is not "plug and play" as previously pointed out in this thread. I know some people have been able to get is activated by a dealer. I went to two local dealers but their techs claim to have no idea of how to do this. One even called some mazda 800 number to get help but came back empty handed. If anyone can provide concrete and specific help with this "activation" bit, it would help a lot. I would like to know what exactly I can tell the tech at the dealer, not just say activate my after-market cruise (because that obviously didn't work at 2 different dealers...) Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker20001 View Post
    Hi, I am a Mazda3 2011 owner as well. I got and installed the cruise control (OEM) panels on my steering wheel. However the cruise control is not "plug and play" as previously pointed out in this thread. I know some people have been able to get is activated by a dealer. I went to two local dealers but their techs claim to have no idea of how to do this. One even called some mazda 800 number to get help but came back empty handed. If anyone can provide concrete and specific help with this "activation" bit, it would help a lot. I would like to know what exactly I can tell the tech at the dealer, not just say activate my after-market cruise (because that obviously didn't work at 2 different dealers...) Thanks in advance.
    I am not sure where you live but i took it into mazda of toronto and got it done.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard50 View Post
    I am not sure where you live but i took it into mazda of toronto and got it done.
    I libe in the Washington DC area, and took my car to two Mazda dealers in the area. They could not help me activate the cruise. If someone can get me specific instructions on how to do this, I can then communicate those to the techs here and hopefully get my cruise working.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I libe in the Washington DC area, and took my car to two Mazda dealers in the area. They could not help me activate the cruise. If someone can get me specific instructions on how to do this, I can then communicate those to the techs here and hopefully get my cruise working.
    I'll see what I can come up with and let you know.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 i sport and also live in the DC area; well Richmond. I installed the factory steering wheel and brake parts; numbers: BEH3-66-4M0C and BN7N-66-490; and the audio controls function perfectly. Activating the annunciation panel self test shows a cruise light present in the dash but the cruise "on" button doesn't work. The dealers in my area also seem clueless about a software activation for this; maybe if we were able to refer them to a technical bulletin or at least say you have to do so and so on the OBD port; they might take our money and flip the switch! Please let us know how we might phrase this to a dealer tech... I wish the knowledge base at this dealership in Toronto was universal! Thank you for any help, Flipdady.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's actually cheaper to just buy a GT steering wheel, sans airbag, and replace the old wheel. A nice bonus is that it is leather wrapped.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FLIPDADY - any news on this? I appreciate any information you can dig up on how to activate the cruise on a 2011 Mazda3. Thanks.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just updating my experiences... Have a 2010 Mazda3 i sport (gx)... Took it into my local dealer today with all switches installed and had service tech look into how the cruise function could be activated. He did some digging in the Mazda service computer and made some phone calls to some Mazda folks and came up with this: That the GEM module in this years model does not have cruise control programing on board, and therefore can-not be activated. He intimated that a GEM module from the next trim level MAY be compatible, but that it was a >$1000 part. If that's the case then I have some lovely, but nonfunctional cruise buttons on my wheel. I can't help but think that there's a way to do this however. There are hundreds of examples of '04-'09 models successfully doing this conversion.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to my 2011 accessories list, there's a cruise control kit for the 3... so I think there are extra parts involved... I don't have the part # unfortunately, but if you have your dealer check their accessories list, it should be there
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the problem seems to be this: In Canada there is a cruise kit sold for the 2010+ Mazda 3s... kit# BEH1-V7-760A. It has the steering wheel controls and apparently instructions for activating it via the OBD port. This kit is not sold in the US and every American Mazda rep or tech that I can find vehemently insists on their dead family's honor that there is not a shred of a chance that I can do this on my US i sport. I think they are all wrong; I have the steering wheel controls installed; all I need is the programing information. I've found 1 dealer tech who's willing to take my money and try it... but not without some instructions as to what to do. I found on another forum someone saying the "Speed" function needs to be activated; but this tech told me it's not like a windows and icon interface; that it's more binary and codey like! Plus he thinks that when he enters the VIN number this won't even be an option on US models! Any thoughts? Anyone have those kit instructions?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why don't you just import the kit from canada and be done with it?

the electronics between the US and Canadian models are mostly the same... I don't see why it won't work

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that it should work. The kit lists for about 500 bucks Canadian; and I already have all the parts bought and installed.. there is some kind of super-secret activation needed though and I have no idea how to get a US service tech to do it. They act like Canada doesn't exist and I need my head examined! Oh well, thanks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to revive an old thread but for my 2012 do I need to buy a brake sensor as well or are the steering wheel controls enough (Part No: BBM5-66-4M0C )

Also will the audio controls work/Plug and Play on my 2012 GX?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to answer my own question for reference to anyone, the 2012+ mazda 3's DO NOT need an extra brake switch. All you need are the controls and a dealership to activate it. Markham mazda charged me a half hour of labour to plug their computer in and activate cruise.

Ride
    '91 318i, '11 550i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we still buy the cruise/audio panels from you?

is it really this hard for them to activate or are they playing dumb to squeeze labour costs? Pretty sure it's literally toggling a bit for the option from 0 to 1. We do the same at GM and I've got friends doing the same with BMW.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im about to purchase a 2011 gx with no controls on the steering wheel. I'd like to get bluetooth and volume controls installed, cruise control i don't really use but if it comes included ill take it. can anyone help me out please? Where can i get the parts and who can i go to for installation at a reasonable price? thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123