Page 425 of 425 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425
Results 10,601 to 10,611 of 10611

Thread: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

  1. #10601
    Noob
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Full interior clean and pulled out the winter tires to clean

  2. #10602
    Sr Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 336 Times in 242 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    i did a wash, clay wax and sealer the other day. and some maintenance washes in between as she has become dusty. few more weeks to get the winters on the cars.

    need to get the jeep done as well. cleaned up nice before its cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

  3. #10603
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Last week .....The fronts went big brakes from NEO Motorsports https://www.instagram.com/p/CApyX2Kpthr/

  4. #10604
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Ordered a couple of Ultra Racing chassis braces. https://ultraracing-usa.com/
    Took advantage of the memorial day 10% discount plus another 10%...and i think shipping was also reduced.
    Because of covid (product ships from malaysia Ultra Racing plant) just got them yesterday.

  5. #10605
    Jr Member Captain Mazda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    31
    Ride
    Kawasaki Ninja 300
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 294 Times in 193 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Installed new air cabin filters last month and pulled out a shitload of dead leaves, amazing seeing the kind of crap that gets piled up in there. Also did a full detail and wash but the dust from condo parking has ruined all my work. This damn pandemic needs to end

  6. #10606
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mazda View Post
    Installed new air cabin filters last month and pulled out a shitload of dead leaves, amazing seeing the kind of crap that gets piled up in there. Also did a full detail and wash but the dust from condo parking has ruined all my work. This damn pandemic needs to end
    I know...
    Same goes if you got outside parking.
    Got car washed yesterday ... full of tree pollen now

  7. #10607
    Noob
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Treated my baby to an oil change today.
    Got scammed one last time a couple of months ago... 120 bucks for a 10 minute oil change. So I decided to do it by myself this time.
    Wasn't that hard actually. Plenty of guides on the web to help you out.

    BTW after reading about it in the guide above, I'm seriously considering investing in an oil extractor. Changing the oil without getting under the car... it has a certain appeal let's say.
    What do you guys think?

  8. #10608
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToroEngineer View Post
    Treated my baby to an oil change today.
    Got scammed one last time a couple of months ago... 120 bucks for a 10 minute oil change. So I decided to do it by myself this time.
    Wasn't that hard actually. Plenty of guides on the web to help you out.

    BTW after reading about it in the guide above, I'm seriously considering investing in an oil extractor. Changing the oil without getting under the car... it has a certain appeal let's say.
    What do you guys think?
    Sounds interesting ... The only thing i would concerned about is pulling any fine metal filings/debris in the pan and oil filter back into the engine internals.

  9. #10609
    Noob
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    Sounds interesting ... The only thing i would concerned about is pulling any fine metal filings/debris in the pan and oil filter back into the engine internals.
    Sounded like a valid concern (and actually frightened me more than a bit since I finally bought one just yesterday)...
    BUT! After thinking a bit about it, I don't think that's a risk, fortunately!
    The extractor works by sucking out oil from the dipstick tube. And that tube goes directly into the oil drain pan. So the oil would not traverse the engine when being sucked out!
    From what I've read you could actually end up with an even cleaner engine since the pumping action can actually suck out even debris that would normally remain in the drain pan if relying just on gravity!

    Pheeew

  10. #10610
    Sr Member Flagrum_3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    345
    Thanked 361 Times in 289 Posts
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Well had some more suspension work done on her yesterday and today. I was having a pretty loud clunk coming from the back when going over uneven surfaces, and also an issue with the vehicle pulling left when given throttle and pulling back when releasing the throttle, ..Pretty weird. After inspection we replaced the left rear lower arm as the bushing was shot, and also replaced the end-link while at it. The right rear seems still good and tight. Also changed out the left front end-link as it was shot also. The front torqueing was caused by a bad right lower control arm bushing, which was allowing the CA to shift. Had that replaced also. All and all a relatively expensive couple of days @ $700 total. Still not bad though, as its the first year its cost me more then a thousand dollars to keep it up to snuff and still much cheaper then getting a new car.

    Just hit 15 years, 360k kms. She's still good for another few years anyways.


    _3

  11. #10611
    Jr Member G ~ MINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    Well had some more suspension work done on her yesterday and today. I was having a pretty loud clunk coming from the back when going over uneven surfaces, and also an issue with the vehicle pulling left when given throttle and pulling back when releasing the throttle, ..Pretty weird. After inspection we replaced the left rear lower arm as the bushing was shot, and also replaced the end-link while at it. The right rear seems still good and tight. Also changed out the left front end-link as it was shot also. The front torqueing was caused by a bad right lower control arm bushing, which was allowing the CA to shift. Had that replaced also. All and all a relatively expensive couple of days @ $700 total. Still not bad though, as its the first year its cost me more then a thousand dollars to keep it up to snuff and still much cheaper then getting a new car.

    Just hit 15 years, 360k kms. She's still good for another few years anyways.


    _3
    Good to know about the bushings ... my 2012 just hit 260KM ... and Hmmmm maybe for a 2021 project to replace all bushing with polyurethane bushings https://psbushings.co.uk/ ($ 210 cdn)(not racing just way better than oem) . Labour will be expensive to take apart the suspension and pound out the old bushing with the new.

Page 425 of 425 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425

Similar Threads

  1. A Day Like Today...
    By crystal8484 in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM
  2. Today is the day!!!!!
    By cwp_sedan in forum New User's Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
  3. My 3 got hit today!
    By BLKOUT in forum Shop/Service Reviews
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
  4. Today is a sad day.....
    By tommy36 in forum Problems with the Mazda3
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •