Thread: How Long does it take to get a new Car?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Long does it take to get a new Car?

Ok so about 3 weeks ago I ordered a breand new Mazda 3 GTE. Since the dealer did not have one on the lot he gave me a choice to get one from another dealer or wait for one on the way in to the country.

The dealer said that he sees on the shipping manifest one that is on a ship on the way in to the country and should be in any day. So I decided to go with that option.

Well here i am still waiting and want to get anyones experience how long it takes to get a car in from Japan realisticly? How long have people waited in the past for a new car?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How Long does it take to get a new Car?

Quote Originally Posted by actionjax View Post
    Ok so about 3 weeks ago I ordered a breand new Mazda 3 GTE. Since the dealer did not have one on the lot he gave me a choice to get one from another dealer or wait for one on the way in to the country.

The dealer said that he sees on the shipping manifest one that is on a ship on the way in to the country and should be in any day. So I decided to go with that option.

Well here i am still waiting and want to get anyones experience how long it takes to get a car in from Japan realisticly? How long have people waited in the past for a new car?

Any ideas would be great.
    My mom ordered hers in August of 07 and came in around Nov or so. But this was back when the 08's were just coming out and she had options added. So it took time to make/ship/etc.
    2008.5 GT Sport - Black Mica - SOLD!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 - Black Mica - Minor Mods

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my sister wanted to get her own 2010 MZ3 Hatch but they told her she would have to wait 5-6 months for it to show up. reason being so many people are ordering cars that they can only make and ship so many cars at a time. She ended up picking one off the lot instead.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Always specify the latest delivery date you'll accept in the sales agreement if a VIN is not written on it.

That said, I managed to pick mine off a boat and got it in about 2-3 weeks. Depends on where the boat is at the time I'd guess. Also takes a few days to actually get to the dealership and PDIed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in a bit of a bind and needed the car right away so it had to be taken off a lot. If i woulda went the off a boat option i was told about 2 months waiting time and this was back in dec.
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS - Velocity Red
    Tints: 35% Front, 23% Rear | 6000K HID kit | Lamin-X Fogs | Blacked out emblems | Blacked out fog light trim | Blacked out Axela badge | LED Interior light kit | LED License Lights | LED Trunk light | CF wrap interior | Speed3 shift boot | TWM Performance Piston shift knob, Gunmetal | Eibach Prokit | 18' Enkei EKM3, Gunmetal |
    Next: Front Lip | Gloss Black Roof | K&N Intake | Corksport Exhaust
    |

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called the dear today and they said it came off the boat a few days ago and they are waiting for it to hit the rail system. The Dealer said it is Mazda's Year end at the end of March and they said that they only get paid for the cars on the rail system. So they will be in a rush to get them out. We are thinking 2 weeks for me to get it. I will keep you posted.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As slam525i said, if you don't have the time frame listed in the contract, you will have to wait as long as it takes them to get your car.

When I was shopping in 06, I had to order, as they did not have anything with my options and color on the lot, but the maximum waiting time in my contract was 4 weeks, my car arrived in 3 so I was happy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went thru the same thing a few months ago. Approx. 4-5 weeks (given the car has not even been made at the time)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by actionjax View Post
    Called the dear today and they said it came off the boat a few days ago and they are waiting for it to hit the rail system. The Dealer said it is Mazda's Year end at the end of March and they said that they only get paid for the cars on the rail system. So they will be in a rush to get them out. We are thinking 2 weeks for me to get it. I will keep you posted.
    sounds about right. after my 2010 was off the boat it took another 2 weeks for my dealer to get it, prep it, and deliver it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time of order to keys in hand was 2.5months. But it took 2 weeks before the car hit the manufacturing run.
    Diesel tractor...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom just picked her 2010 Sport GT last week. She ordered it mid-end of January and it came last week. No car available here so had to wait for the car to be built. Initially was told 4-6 weeks and then 6-8 (which was about right). They said once on the train its about 10 days and then depending on arrival in Markham it can be three additional days before it arrives at the dealership.

It was totally worth the wait to get the colour she wanted. Nothing worse than settling when spending that kind of coin.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many factors that will make the timeframe different for each order. As mentioned above, you should specify a date on the purchase agreement if possible.

I was at my lease end and knew it would be 6 - 8 weeks on average so I timed things with Jeff at Toronto Mazda and it came in 2 weeks a head of schedule.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gf is going to waiting 13 weeks for her car (not a Mazda)...maybe more its been 10 weeks so far and no mention of it been started yet.
    Falken FK-452 | 225-45R18 | Konig Hotswap |35% Tints| Greddy TT| Cobb Sri| Cobb Shifter| Cobb AP Stage 2| BC Coilovers | Cobb Shifter Weight| Cobb Inlet Pipe |TS BOV |Dashhawk| COBB FMIC |CPE MM|CPE TBE| NRG ETD|
    STILL TO COME: |Whatever I can get my hands on before she kills me|
    2003 Blue Yamaha R6
    Pazzo shorty levers|Hindle exhaust|flush mount turn signals|Fender eliminator|Smoked windscreen|8000k HID

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine took about 3 weeks to get to the dealer, but it was already made and in western Canada.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

before i picked up my mazda i was about to order a G5 sport and they said if i ordered on april deadline id get it june/july time
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Carbon Grey

Mods to date: 8000K HID, 3000K HID Fogs with smoked tint, Angel Eyes, Eye Lids, Smoked LED 3rd Break Light, Led Interior Lighting, Open Mouth Grill, Front Lip, Rear Flares, OEM Side Skirts, Custom Black Emblems, TM3 License Plate Covers & Rear TM3 Stickers, 2-way Viper Alarm, 23% Tinted Windows, Black Reflectors, 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl, Eibach Pro Kits, Smoked Side Marker, Tinted Rear Tails, VG shark fin, Hella Horns, 18" Tenzo Type M Version 1 Black wrapped with 225/40/18 Nankang NSII, RHO Plate, Magnaflow CBE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took about 2 months for my 2007, about 2 months before my lease was up on my Protege 5 I ordered my replacement and my lease was up for 4 days and then my new car came in. I would just call every day to check if the car is in. Squeeky wheel gets the greese! It's not like youre gonna be able to annoy them so much that they un-sell the car to you.

Good luck and enjoy the new ride

2007 Mazda 3 GT Sport
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    Toupe is the new black!!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Got a call today that the Car is on the Rails as of Friday. So I will let you know what the time is after that to get it in hand.