Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear suspension creaking

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rear suspension creaking

The last week I've noticed my rear suspension (I think passenger-side) creaking as I go over bumps. It's similar to the cold-weather suspension sound our MS3s are famous for but it's coming from the rear.

Anyone help?
    2008 True red Mazdaspeed3
    Mods: Mazdaspeed CAI, TWM short-shifter, Mazda shock sensor, 2nd low-tone horn,

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Rear suspension creaking

rear struts are commonly known to blow on the speeds - look for oil/fluid leakage. if so, it's likely kaput.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We don't recirculate our boost, we vent that hoe to the atmosphere. We don't suggest standing in the same room with this thing goes off. The pressure change will be so great that when ambient pressure returns to normal, you'll die from the bends.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my rear p/s shock just blew recently.... I ordered the koni yellows from Nextmod cause Mazda wouldn't cover it and they wanted like $400 to replace it (part + labour + taxes).... Yeah right....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the second post, but Mazda will cover it if it is blown. Your sig says you have an '08, you're fine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed to summer rims/tires the other day and didn't notice any evidence of a leak on the rear shocks but who knows....

I'll have it checked out my MoT. I have an extended warranty too so shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep this thread updated with what happens.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my rears replaced....no more creaking like there was 2 horny teenagers in the back...

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could also be bad control arm bushings or sway bar bushings
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramboh View Post
    I changed to summer rims/tires the other day and didn't notice any evidence of a leak on the rear shocks but who knows....

I'll have it checked out my MoT. I have an extended warranty too so shouldn't be a problem. I'll keep this thread updated with what happens.
    I have extended warranty too, but they don't cover rear shocks.... Only the fronts as per Markham Mazda. Weird.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Demon View Post
    I have extended warranty too, but they don't cover rear shocks.... Only the fronts as per Markham Mazda. Weird.
    I haven't contacted Mazda yet as it's a holiday but I just went through all the warranty resources that came with the car. There are 2 types of warranties, comprehensive and major component. If you have major component, then your out of luck with the shocks as they're excluded from coverage. Comprehensive seems to extend the same coverages as the new vehicle warranty and shocks would be included in this. I do not see any differentiation between front and rear shocks. I have the comprehensive warranty and if Mazda is going to exclude this, they better have a damn good reason and it better be in writing in the warranty somewhere. Maybe someone from Mazda can chime in?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt as MoT has been nothing but stellar in my dealings with them.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See here

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ction-Warranty

What is Not Covered under M.A.P. Warranty?

From Mazda Canadas Website

What is not covered: Of course, no protection program can cover every possible circumstance. The following items, which are considered a maintenance repair, are not covered by Mazda Added Protection plans: Glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, trim, mouldings, bright metal, upholstery, Miata soft-top fabric, paint , body, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), brake pads, brake shoes , brake rotors and drums, clutch linings, shock absorbers, McPherson struts, steering rack boots, drive axle boots, outer tie rod ends, ball joints, batteries, spark plugs, spark plug wire sets, distributor rotor, hoses, tires, side view mirrors, belts, external shift linkage, fuses, wiper blades, adjustments, water leaks, wheel balancing wheel alignment, accessories (except Dealer installed Mazda air conditioning kits).

2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So turns out it was a bad stabilizer bracket and bushings causing the noise. These were replaced under warranty yesterday and sound appears to be gone. Thank you all and thank you MoT for taking care of my MS3 again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having the same problem. I noticed today on the way home from work that I was having some pretty good clunks coming from the rear when traveling over bumps. I'm guessing it may be the rear struts/shocks. I will take it to the dealer, but I am a bit hesitant because I have a bunch of other parts that I would rather them not know about lol. Should I just go to the dealer anyways?? They really wouldn't have a reason to go under the hood.... but they would definitely know as soon as they drive it..... decisions, decisions....

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take it to the dealer. All you're asking is for them to diagnose/fix something. Not like you're taking it for warranty work....

Unless the stuff you don't want them to find are machine guns behind the headlights and rocket launchers in the trunk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
    take it to the dealer. All you're asking is for them to diagnose/fix something. Not like you're taking it for warranty work....

Unless the stuff you don't want them to find are machine guns behind the headlights and rocket launchers in the trunk
    It could end up being warranty work if my shocks/struts are blown. I don't want to go in there and get that fixed, but have them void the warranty on the motor. Or can they even do that?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now having the same problem. out of warranty. SIGH ... just had one replaced last summer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine ended up being the end links in the rear. They replaced them under warranty, but I don't think they were a very big job. So it may not be too bad for you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad news: It's a blown rear shock (another one!)
    Good news: I just discovered that the previous owner of my car had a 160,000km extended warranty on it. That is transferable to me. Of course, no one at Orangeville Mazda told me this when I bought the car. LOL!

Service dept @ Oakville Mazda <3

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horto View Post
    Bad news: It's a blown rear shock (another one!)
    Good news: I just discovered that the previous owner of my car had a 160,000km extended warranty on it. That is transferable to me. Of course, no one at Orangeville Mazda told me this when I bought the car. LOL!

Service dept @ Oakville Mazda <3

I have the same warranty and my latest rear shock wasn't covered (was around 88,000 kms at the time). I had to pay $130 myself to buy the shock and I installed it with a friend. It's pretty simple, only 3 bolts. No special tools requited, just a 12 or 13mm deep socket which I had to send my friend out to buy once the shock was 1/2 off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rear end creeks every time I get in and out of the car. Had it looked at when the car was nearly new and they couldn't find the issue. I just live with it now.

Only happens when the handbrake is up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
    My rear end creeks every time I get in and out of the car. Had it looked at when the car was nearly new and they couldn't find the issue. I just live with it now.

Only happens when the handbrake is up.
    same, I think it's the brake problem
    Current: 2016 Lexus GS-F, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
    Past: 2015 Scion FRS 6MT, 2010 M3 E90 6MT, 2013 Scion FRS 6MT, 2005 Mazda 3 GT Hatch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al, I just got back from Oakville Mazda. Tiffany and friends took care of it, rear passenger shock has just been replaced under extended warranty. I didn't pay a cent. Once again, Oakville Mazda is the shining beacon of customer service. Maybe you're going to the wrong dealership for service

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    I have the same warranty and my latest rear shock wasn't covered (was around 88,000 kms at the time). I had to pay $130 myself to buy the shock and I installed it with a friend. It's pretty simple, only 3 bolts. No special tools requited, just a 12 or 13mm deep socket which I had to send my friend out to buy once the shock was 1/2 off.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rear struts just went this week and both are being replaced under warranty.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I found out after the fact that the shock was not actually covered by the extended warranty. You were right, Al.

Quote Originally Posted by horto View Post
    Al, I just got back from Oakville Mazda. Tiffany and friends took care of it, rear passenger shock has just been replaced under extended warranty. I didn't pay a cent. Once again, Oakville Mazda is the shining beacon of customer service. Maybe you're going to the wrong dealership for service

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had my struts replaced under warranty but there was still a noise during sharp turns. Found out that the lateral stabilizer bar had to be replaced too.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unnervingfalcon View Post
    Just had my struts replaced under warranty but there was still a noise during sharp turns. Found out that the lateral stabilizer bar had to be replaced too.
    the stabilizer bar will not cause this noise. the bushings tend to dry up and start to rub up against the bar causing all sorts of noise. If under warranty simply have the bushings replaced if under cp then simply lube the bushings yourself with proper grease. Dont use a spray as sprays tend to be thin and will wear off quick try to find something close to packing grease so that the stuff sticks around for a while
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast