Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Steering Failure 2007-2009 (Recall Issued by Mazda Canada)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Power Steering Failure 2009

Well QEW told me Select installed a faulty pump. That's why I get the squeal. So I'm in a rental now until they fix it (properly)

and thanks in regards to the avatar. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I first saw it lol
    Custom Signature designed by PCLoadLetter
    2008.5 Galaxy Grey Mazda 3 GS
    Mods to date:18" RX-8 Rims~*~Axela Badge~*~Mazda3 logo above glovebox~*~LED Third Brake Light and Side Markers~*~Progress Rear Sway Bar~*~Eibach Pro-Kits~*~PRM Intake~*~Purple Interior + Footwell Lights~*~Purple Calipers with Mazda 3 decals~*~Purple Angel Eyes~*~Purple lug nuts~*~35% Solarguard Tint~*~VG Sharkfin~*~8000k HIDs~*~
    Look for the new and improved TM3 Times coming April 1st!!!! New Year, New Times!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I swung by the dealer as a part of my hectic morning today. After a quick wait, a spin in my car and a diagnostic, its confirmed that my steering pump failed as well. Was pleasantly surprised to have been offered a rental on the spot and encouraged not to drive the vehicle. No need for a confrontation. Nice! Rental would be at no cost until part is received and repair completed under warranty.

I need my own vehicle for the weekend so hanging on to it now and will probably be dropping it off and getting a rental later in the week. Apparently a few other vehicles are already there waiting for the parts and their drivers are in rental and other dealers are in the same boat.
    -=2008.5 Mazda 3 GT Sedan in Sunlight Silver=-

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! Ya the same thing happened to me yesterday. 40km less than two years old. I nearly ran into another car because i was making a left turn during rush hour dt ottawa.. I was terrified. I didnt know i could just restart my car, so i managed to get my car home. After a while I was able to start the car and it had power steering. I called my dealer in Waterloo and Mazda here in Ottawa and both of them had cars on the lot for this exact problem. Both had 10 cars infront of me and they had no parts to fix them. Apparently they dont actually know when the parts will come in. Some cars have sat on the lot for two weeks. At least its a warranty fix and they gave me a rental free and clear. So at least they were really good about it. Still blows, but dont ignore the problem! gl

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today makes it 1 week since my car has been at the dealership. I called them up today, said parts are slowly starting to come in, said it could be another week maybe more. Until then I'm stuck in a corolla (rental) that smells like cat piss, and my wife found cat hair all over the backseat. FML.... I miss my mazda!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supa_slick View Post
    Today makes it 1 week since my car has been at the dealership. I called them up today, said parts are slowly starting to come in, said it could be another week maybe more. Until then I'm stuck in a corolla (rental) that smells like cat piss, and my wife found cat hair all over the backseat. FML.... I miss my mazda!!
    Haha. That's reason I said no thanks to the Corolla when it was offered to me. Also, call me paranoid but I don't feel like leaving my car at the dealer for an uncessary amount of time waiting for parts. Their lots are full, who knows where they will stick mine and who knows what might happen to them while they hang on to it for a week or more. If damaged, they will claim it was there to begin with. Not wanting that hassle. That and not wanting a Corolla. On the other hand, it would be nice to not put mileage on my car for a week or two.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008.5 GT Sedan model 29000 km

Happened to me today! scary as hell! i was driving downtown and was turning left to avoid a parked car when my front left side made a sound and the steering wheel locked up. I was like omg and stepped hard on my breaks. I looked down on my dash and saw the power steering light on. I turned off the car and read the manual. I sat there for 5 mins then turned the car on and everything was ok. I'm going to bring it into the dealer this week.
    Last edited by michaelm; 06-05-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope no squealing....just picked up my M3 yesterday after a week at Dave Wood in Newmarket....they actually got it done 3 days early and gave me a rental the entire time....(Dodge Craplbre - what a piece of shite)

All for no charge....and my warranty was done already
    Did I force Stanley to eat butter and sugar and not exercise?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same happened to on Tuesday. It was a very hot day... Too the car to the dealership. Got a brand new rental - Hyundai Sonata. Not bad... Dealership said the car should be ready in 2 weeks. I will probably have to wait longer... This happened to me once last summer...I ignored the problem. Both times, I was stopped at traffic...not moving. Still scary!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called Avante Mazda this morning.... They are on back order as well on the parts =[

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brought mine in today and it may take a week possibly more. On rental right now--Honda Civic. Mazda3 definitely got more Zoom. One thing about the Civic though--the AC is cold! Makes our AC feel like a hot fan.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so this only happens to 2009 model? not 2005? My car also has the squeal sound when I am turning my car at low speed
    Current: 2016 Lexus GS-F, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
    Past: 2015 Scion FRS 6MT, 2010 M3 E90 6MT, 2013 Scion FRS 6MT, 2005 Mazda 3 GT Hatch.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Week was in heavy rush hour traffic my power steering decided to take break! Came back on after turning the car off and on again. I drove a beat up Sienna (check engine was on) for 2 days as the rental company ran out of cars (go figure) now in a Yaris...
    Btw my 3 has 38k on it and already a case of "warped" rotors along with this

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avante Mazda is crap! I brought my car in today for diagnosis and they found the problem logged in my cars computer. They told me that unfortunately they are backlogged for 2 weeks now on the parts. I'm like that's ok, your going to provide a replacement rental car right? they said no and they will call me when the parts are in. effin bull****! I left there hoping to catch maple mazda in time, but they were already closed. I can't believe avante mazda would let their customer leave in an unsafe vehicle. What dealership did all of you guys go to and did you receive a replacement rental vehicle?
    Last edited by michaelm; 06-08-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that any customer with the C1099 (EPMS malfunction) is to be placed into a rental car and the vehicle is to be grounded. Other than that you are to sign a liability waiver stating that you would like to drive the vehicle until parts come in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by repoman_2 View Post
    My understanding is that any customer with the C1099 (EPMS malfunction) is to be placed into a rental car and the vehicle is to be grounded. Other than that you are to sign a liability waiver stating that you would like to drive the vehicle until parts come in.
    I have that problem with my 3 and wasn't even given the option of a loaner vehicle ... I sent an email to the sales manager who I bought the car from

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
    Avante Mazda is crap! I brought my car in today for diagnosis and they found the problem logged in my cars computer. They told me that unfortunately they are backlogged for 2 weeks now on the parts. I'm like that's ok, your going to provide a replacement rental car right? they said no and they will call me when the parts are in. effin bull****! I left there hoping to catch maple mazda in time, but they were already closed. I can't believe avante mazda would let their customer leave in an unsafe vehicle. What dealership did all of you guys go to and did you receive a replacement rental vehicle?
    Agincourt, but I feel like my first rental was less safe than my 3, the second (Yaris) is much better its as old as my car...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BigO View Post
    Agincourt, but I feel like my first rental was less safe than my 3, the second (Yaris) is much better its as old as my car...
    BTW bought my car from MOT, I have no idea what they're doing about the matter but Agincourt is just up the road from my work. MOT is sadly too far. So far I received great service from Agincourt, really can't complain

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oakville Mazda my friends.

I was one of the first people to have this happen to, just over a year ago - They redesigned the pump to be more resistant to this, and it was shipped from japan - Dealers didn't have a stock of them as it was a new find - Oakville Mazda gave me a loaner for OVER 3 WEEKS! Sadly, it wasn't a MS3... lol, but it was definately appreciated.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost Power Steering twice on the highway on my 2009 Mazda 3 GX. Brought it in to Prima Mazda in Woodbridge and so far it's been a week and they tell me it may be another full week since the part is back ordered........hmmmm I wonder why is this part back ordered ????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a major safety concern so do not take no for an answer in terms of getting a loaner. They are liable in giving you another car.
    ¤ 2008.5 CWP MS3 ¤

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MRT_MS3 View Post
    Its a major safety concern so do not take no for an answer in terms of getting a loaner. They are liable in giving you another car.
    After emailing service and anne-marie, I got a call today from the service manager Ted from Avante who apologized on behalf of the retarded service consultant who looked at my car. If I got into an accident re: the power steering failing I would've sued their asses for negligence as they found the problem on my car and let me drive off. Ted spoke to me in a very concerned and professional manner. He's cool, I will consult with him at Avante from now on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had mine go last year on my trip to Virgina. I was on my way from the VIR track to Ny and wanted to stop in Washington DC and tour. As I pulled into the security to park in an underground lot it failed. Needless to say when I said my car would not be able to park in the garage security rushed my car....

Anyways it took 3-4 weeks for the parts to come in. In the mean time they gave me a Yaris.... what a POS.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible3 View Post
    I had mine go last year on my trip to Virgina. I was on my way from the VIR track to Ny and wanted to stop in Washington DC and tour. As I pulled into the security to park in an underground lot it failed. Needless to say when I said my car would not be able to park in the garage security rushed my car....

Anyways it took 3-4 weeks for the parts to come in. In the mean time they gave me a Yaris.... what a POS.
    I'm in a Yaris right now, i know what you mean, but just drove 600km and used $35 in gas. My 3 doesn't even come close to this.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol im in a Hyundai Accent loaner vehicle until my car is fixed. The thing is a pocket rocket! It's really good on gas as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my car back today. I'll tell you, you don't really appreciate your car until you've driven something totally different for 2 weeks. The 3 just feels right (compared to the Yaris and the Sienna)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast