Thread: Anyone dealt with Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone dealt with Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge?

Hi All

Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge. They have some cars I'm interested in getting but wanted to know if anyone here has dealt with this company before?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone dealt with Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge?

I bought a car from him last May (2009) 2007 Mazda 3 GS with moon roof on recommendation from my mechanic (wifes parents best friend). His shop (Franklin Automasters) is actually right around the corner from Timothy.

I went to look and test drive the vehicle and asked that he take the car over to my mechanic to be inspected throughly. FYI, these cars have been in accidents in various degrees, Timothy provided pictures to my mechanic and me for review (before and after).

The inspection by my mechanic came back great. There was no frame damage whatsoever and everything had been fixed properly. As for the price point, my mechanic said it was a great price for a car in great condition.

I did recently have a problem regarding my brake boost vaccuum line breaking, but Timothy had the vehicle towed, repaired, and delivered the vehicle back to me at work (Toronto).

As for negotiations with Tim. Well lets just say it was extremely easy and there was no haggle whatsoever. I told Tim my price point, he took a moment and ran his numbers, came back and said done deal.

Tim provides warranty on all of his vehicles (2 or 3 years, 50K - 75K KMS), since the warranty is held directly with him, he only asks if you do encounter a problem to call him right away and he will decide if he wants the vechile brought to him for repairs or let you take it to your own mechanic for repairs and reimburse full costs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is misleading about this company is that it should be disclosed in the advertisement.(Insurance write offs are insurance write offs) there is a reason that the former owner of that car was paid off instead of having it repaired.(he was not given the choice) The insurance company will do what is best for them when it comes to price. They also know that when a unibody car has had its unibody damaged it may never act the same way when in another accident . It is easy to understand. Lets use the simplest unibody design known to man. The egg... Very strong ..even the strongest man in the world will not be able to crush it with his bare hand. But lets take that same egg and put a pin prick in it. even if you try to repair it an infant would be able to break that egg. Think off the unibody of a car in the same way.. It gets it crash ratings from its original design and once comprimised will never be the same.. Would you trust your life on it or that of one of your loved ones ..If it has been deemed a total loss by an insurance company than it is just that.. A total loss that has been repair. .Do not be fooled by a title that says BRAND "NONE" This is a purely volentary thing that the insurance companies do. They know that the people that are repairing these write offs look for "NONE" branded vehicles so that they can say just that.."It was not that bad of an accident,you see it does not even have a brand" Than why was it a write off then?? Think about it.. Until there is some better legislation these unsuspecting consumers will continue to buy these cars with a false sense of security. If anyone would like more info on the None branded write off feel free the contact me
    I have be an Ministry of Transportation inspection station and a Accredited repair facility for the Canadian Automobile Asscotiation for many years/I am also a car dealer and sell quite a few mazda products/ one of my best sellers and ll best bang for the buck to the consumer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruizer View Post
    What is misleading about this company is that it should be disclosed in the advertisement.(Insurance write offs are insurance write offs) there is a reason that the former owner of that car was paid off instead of having it repaired.(he was not given the choice) The insurance company will do what is best for them when it comes to price. They also know that when a unibody car has had its unibody damaged it may never act the same way when in another accident . It is easy to understand. Lets use the simplest unibody design known to man. The egg... Very strong ..even the strongest man in the world will not be able to crush it with his bare hand. But lets take that same egg and put a pin prick in it. even if you try to repair it an infant would be able to break that egg. Think off the unibody of a car in the same way.. It gets it crash ratings from its original design and once comprimised will never be the same.. Would you trust your life on it or that of one of your loved ones ..If it has been deemed a total loss by an insurance company than it is just that.. A total loss that has been repair. .Do not be fooled by a title that says BRAND "NONE" This is a purely volentary thing that the insurance companies do. They know that the people that are repairing these write offs look for "NONE" branded vehicles so that they can say just that.."It was not that bad of an accident,you see it does not even have a brand" Than why was it a write off then?? Think about it.. Until there is some better legislation these unsuspecting consumers will continue to buy these cars with a false sense of security. If anyone would like more info on the None branded write off feel free the contact me
    I have be an Ministry of Transportation inspection station and a Accredited repair facility for the Canadian Automobile Asscotiation for many years/I am also a car dealer and sell quite a few mazda products/ one of my best sellers and ll best bang for the buck to the consumer.

Regarding Timothy Andrew Automobiles, I am not sure why he does not advertise "accident repaired", but he fully discloses everything to you up front when you test drive the vehicle. He provided me with before and after shots and even encouraged me to take the vehicle to another mechanic for inspection. Thankfully my mechanic knew everything about this guy and his reputation as a dealer, if there was any questions regarding his workmanship or reputation he would have told me not to buy this car.

I am quite sure that most dealers out there doing these types of sales would not be so forth coming with details, but you get full disclosure from Timothy, and he actually backs up his work with a full warranty on his dime. I live over 2 hours away from him and when I had my brake boost line problem, he had my vehicle towed back to cambridge for repairs and then returned the vehicle to me so I did not have to travel and take time off of work. This kind of service is what builds the reputation that he has. I am sure I will atleast take a look at his stock when the time comes for another new vehicle, and if he has something that interests me, I would not have any concerns in purchasing another vehicle from him.

I have noticed that he is starting to carry a lot of Mazda 3's recently, and I know most people on this forum would say stay away but hey take a look and you may start to feel the same way that I did about my purchase.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By law dealers have to reveal that a car has a branded title (ie accident, rebuild, salvage, etc).
    CURRENT: 2009 Subaru Impreza STI | 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD | 2009 BMW X5 3.5d
    GONE: Apparently too many cars to list in the signature....

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenma188 View Post
    By law dealers have to reveal that a car has a branded title (ie accident, rebuild, salvage, etc).
    a car is not "branded" when it is involved in an accident... only when it is a rebuild/salvage.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, sorry for bumping an old topic. Found this listing by him for a 2014 Mazda 3 sport GS, price is pretty good so guess this one's an accident repair as well?

http://www.timothyandrewauto.ca/cert...5fac98df3f.htm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for bumping an old topic. Found this listing by him for a 2014 Mazda 3 sport GS, price is pretty good so guess this one's an accident repair as well?

http://www.timothyandrewauto.ca/cert...5fac98df3f.htm
    That's @Reddie1337 shop, their body work is superb when they repaired my Mazda after getting hit by some Jetta.
    My Ride Thread!
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...-2012-gs-l-sky

4300k hids Hi beams, Low beams, and 3000k Fog lights, Corksport SRI, Mazdaspeed exhaust with resonator delete, Mazdaspeed Ms-t 18' rims with Dunlop 215/45/R18, lowered on Canuck MotorSport lowering springs, Corksport Rear Sway Bar, LED switchbacks, Custom sub enclosure with 8' JBL subwoofer, Kenwood DNX500HD headunit, Ultimate T-series amp, Diode Dynamics LED Interior light kit, GT lip spoiler, Red Tinted Taillights.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok, i just sold my car and am looking for a new one. Will give him a call tomorrow, if it's got a clean title i'm probably buying it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    Oh ok, i just sold my car and am looking for a new one. Will give him a call tomorrow, if it's got a clean title i'm probably buying it.
    They are not open tomorrow, they open again Monday.

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be in tomorrow. You can email the shop to get more info. Not sure about the title on it, I know it was in an accident, but it was a very light hit. We have pictures and stuff and tell you all about it, we are a fully disclosing lot. We tell you, show you pictures, and guarantee the vehicle even though it doesn't have Mazda warranty anymore.

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, i will give you a call tomorrow to discuss it in detail.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheetman View Post
    Hi All

Just wanted to know if anyone has dealt with Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge. They have some cars I'm interested in getting but wanted to know if anyone here has dealt with this company before?
    We just recently purchased a Mazda 3 from Timothy Andrew Automobiles in Cambridge and I must say that this used car dealer is a rare commodity in this day and age. He is as honest and forthcoming as they come. Following the purchase of the car from him, we had a few issues that when I contacted him about these, he immediately accepted responsibility for them and resolved them asap with no hassles whatsoever. We will not hesitate to recommend this dealer to all our friends and we look forward to doing business with him again when we are in the market for a newer car.

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sold my rims and tires to Reddie and his dad. Would I do it again? Only if @Reddie1337 paints his car black.

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already did that though! I just found black so hard to keep clean. White does a very good job of hiding the dirt!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Reddie1337 For This Useful Post:

m_bisson (06-17-2015)