Thread: MY MAZDA 3 IS STUCK IN PARK!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MY MAZDA 3 IS STUCK IN PARK!

My 2005 Mazda 3 is stuck in park. My brake lights are working, so it's not a blown fuse. If I stick a screwdriver in the shift lock it will work but otherwise it won't budge. Any idea what this can be? Would really appreciate the help guys. P.S> I Just Noticed My ENGINE LIGHT remains on while I'm driving, have no clue if this links to my Mazda being stuck in park.

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MY MAZDA 3 IS STUCK IN PARK!

I wouldn't be surprised if the CEL is on because of that...definitely take it to Jimmy at Street Performance or the dealership.

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how would he get it to the dealer if it doesnt leave park...? lol

does the horn work?

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the horn doesnt work then replace that fuse and it will work again. If that is not the problem then in order to get it mobile there should be a little plastic tab close by the shifter. Pop that tab up put the key in the hole. Shove the shifter in to nuetral remove the key put in ignition start the car and put the shifter in to drive.

Most probable cause will either be the horn fuse as they are related to the brakes (dont ask why even i cannot answer that lol) or your nuetral safety switch is gone

Edit: your engine light will not be on because of it (atleast never seen it one because of it)
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind I brought it to the Mazda Dealership and they were at it for 4 hours and didn't even know what the problem was. When they finally called me they said it was a blown fuse and 3 of my brake lights were burned out. After I took it out of the dealership the stuck issue was fixed but my car felt as if it was IDLING really rough. 2 Days later my CAR WAS STUCK IN PARK AGAIN! FUSE BLEW OUT AGAIN! I bough some fuses at Canadian Tire for the temporary use of the gear shifter and brake lights but I have a feeling it's going to happen again. Is there a possibility of a shortage somewhere in the fuses?? IF I TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER are they going to fix it FREE OF CHARGE?!? It was only 2 days ago when I brought it in to get this issue fixed, so I'm gonna be real mad if I have to pay for them to fix it again. Thanks for all the comments so far guys, it's been real helpful

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

& btw, where is Jimmy at Street Performance located?

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing how you are blowing fuses it could be one or a combination of a few things
    Neutral safety is pooched backfeeding in the system or drawing to great amount of power popping the fuse
    there is a break in the brake light wire shorting to ground blowing the fuse
    there may be a break in your horn wire shorting to ground blowing the fuse
    PJB is bad

Mazda did diagnosis found the fuse blown replacedit and you were off to the races. Now that diag is done and the roiginal problem was found. If you take it to the dealer it will be considered a comeback. That means that the car was in for repairs and left working and now is back for the same problem. dealer will diag it and in this case more then likely will recharge you as there is obviously a bigger problem at hand