Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crystal White Pearl or Silver Aluminum Metallic?

Ride
    2019 Lexus RCF
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Crystal White Pearl or Silver Aluminum Metallic?

CWP and I'm biased. lol

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda3X2 View Post
    ...So you clay bar it twice a year (6 hours total) and wax it. Not a big deal.
    Wow..... I gave my car the spring wash, clay, and wax last week....... 1.5hrs total. I'll admit I was being a lot less anal than in previous years, but still! Even the first wash, clay, polish, and wax when I first brought the car home was only 4 hours!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aluminum!

I wanted CWP but the voice inside said "you don't have enough free time to wash it twice a week" -> which I'd want to be doing if I had white. My previous car was black and showed every single scratch, spider, ding or piece of dust. I said "no more black or dark colours", which ruled out graphite. A slightly frosted snow brush in winter can scratch the paint enough to been seen on black. -> thankfully that car was a lease.

So I went with aluminum. And I love it. It's a lot more forgiving with dirt. And I think even a mild tint is a must for the aluminum. It really does make a huge difference with it's appearance.
    I will concede that the "grey/silver" is a little more boring than some other colours. Just ended up being a nice middle ground for me.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies everyone. How hard is CWP to touch up - paint wise? I read that the touch up paint is actually just the a flat white, and the clear coat is what contains the pearl finish. This makes it really hard to touch up unless u just apply the flat white. I'm not sure about touching up a metallic paint such as silver but silver hides the chips so well that u could get away with just applying clear coat.

I live in Calgary and also concerned about driving a white car in winter due to the snowfall and blending in with the snowy environment.

I'm still 50/50. This really sucks!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pearl Whit FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
    resident "Bouncer"; all-around nice guy ...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PEARL!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdc3 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. How hard is CWP to touch up - paint wise? I read that the touch up paint is actually just the a flat white, and the clear coat is what contains the pearl finish. This makes it really hard to touch up unless u just apply the flat white. I'm not sure about touching up a metallic paint such as silver but silver hides the chips so well that u could get away with just applying clear coat.

I live in Calgary and also concerned about driving a white car in winter due to the snowfall and blending in with the snowy environment.

I'm still 50/50. This really sucks!!
    In winter your car is grey.. from the dirt... very difficult to keep it nice looking in the winter.

There's also a lot of White cars - it's like the new silver. Have you thought about the graphite colour Mazda 3?

I think your over analyzing the colour too much.. just pick the colour you like and worry about the maintenance afterwards.

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroChalk View Post
    In winter your car is grey.. from the dirt... very difficult to keep it nice looking in the winter.

There's also a lot of White cars - it's like the new silver. Have you thought about the graphite colour Mazda 3?

I think your over analyzing the colour too much.. just pick the colour you like and worry about the maintenance afterwards.

Agreed. I'm sure you'll love your car equally no matter what color you end up taking.

--- CURRENT - 2012 BMW 328i 6MT :: White on Red ---

--- OLD - 2006 Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT :: Black on Black ---

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Sedan GT looks great in Aluminum colour.

The 5 door Sport looks great in White.

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White looks great for hatchback, with 23" window tints. You won't consider the other dark colours? Mazda's grey is especially nice hint hint

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermm. Black ! at least Red
    Trust nobody.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to give you guys some history, my old car was a 05 Carbon Grey Mazda3 sedan which was involved in an accident and written off.

Hence, I don't want another dark color car. I needed a change. So wanted to try a lighter color. I cam back to Mazda because of the 0% 5 yr financing.

I changed my order from silver to white on Thursday. The silver one i ordered was at sea still. And the white one just landed at port so I'd receive the white one faster. I hope I enjoy the color as it was my first love but at same time prefer the girl next door.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no why did you get the white??? just kidding hehehe you'll love it i know i'm biased...
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll love white... I see a number of them and they look good. But be prepared to clean like never before.... white being a blank canvas for dirt, and all. But that's the price you pay for a smoking hot color

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing about the white though, is that if you get up close it will always look dirty, but from far, and while driving, it will always look clean.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdc3 View Post
    Just to give you guys some history, my old car was a 05 Carbon Grey Mazda3 sedan which was involved in an accident and written off.

Hence, I don't want another dark color car. I needed a change. So wanted to try a lighter color. I cam back to Mazda because of the 0% 5 yr financing.

I changed my order from silver to white on Thursday. The silver one i ordered was at sea still. And the white one just landed at port so I'd receive the white one faster. I hope I enjoy the color as it was my first love but at same time prefer the girl next door.
    The super hot chick will get heads turning. Forget about the girl next door! Congrats on the purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by zzz3 View Post
    never ever gonna fack with hitesh again, that's for sure...thread is destroyed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question! Aluminum Metallic Mica all the way! It looks amazing when the sun hits it. And unlike white, it is easy to take care of. Plus ITS NOT SILVER! it's Aluminum! Aluminum just sounds soo much cooler

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for the CWP. Because I have one!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    I vote for the CWP. Because I have one!
    That's racist!!! lol

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Re: Crystal White Pearl or Silver Aluminum Metallic?

I'm sure the decision has already been made, and this thread has been dropped, but because my wife and I just ordered our new 3 today (GT with luxury pack) I thought I'd weigh in.

This will be our 8th Mazda, and the third white one. We've had 626s, a Protege, a previous 3 (a genuine accident magnet) and our beloved 04 RX8 GT. We have on occasion settled for colours that were not our first choice simply because our choice wasn't readily available, or because we were the only people on the continent who seemed to want our combination.

We began with a beige 80 626 after which we've gone white, grey (boring, an autobox, 2nd hand and cheap), white, dark green, midnight silver (the RX in the driveway), carbon grey (at the wreckers) and the new pearl white (on order).

Keeping in mind that I'm a bit older than many of the other members of this forum, my first choice was the copper red. I think it looks quite distinguished, doesn't show darker forms of dirt, and will age well. Originally we had been leaning toward the aluminum. It shows well in all light and would look at home next to the RX. I have found the midnight silver to be a great colour for hiding light dirt, dust and dings. I was also impressed by the black for a number of reasons. It does disguise the smiley face on the new 3 better than anything, if that's your goal. Besides, as Gino Vanelli knew, black cars look better in the shade.

So, of course, we ordered white. The dealer (Guelph City) knocked of the silly $200 premium and the white really does look good. It doesn't show the most common Canadian dirt (winter road crap) as much as darker colours do. Besides, we have very fond memories of our previous white M's and hope this one will continue this trend.

Buy what makes you happy. Drive like a very careful bat exiting hell. And watch out for those morons in pickup trucks.

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ocho mazda View Post
    I'm sure the decision has already been made, and this thread has been dropped, but because my wife and I just ordered our new 3 today (GT with luxury pack) I thought I'd weigh in.

This will be our 8th Mazda, and the third white one. We've had 626s, a Protege, a previous 3 (a genuine accident magnet) and our beloved 04 RX8 GT. We have on occasion settled for colours that were not our first choice simply because our choice wasn't readily available, or because we were the only people on the continent who seemed to want our combination.

We began with a beige 80 626 after which we've gone white, grey (boring, an autobox, 2nd hand and cheap), white, dark green, midnight silver (the RX in the driveway), carbon grey (at the wreckers) and the new pearl white (on order).

Keeping in mind that I'm a bit older than many of the other members of this forum, my first choice was the copper red. I think it looks quite distinguished, doesn't show darker forms of dirt, and will age well. Originally we had been leaning toward the aluminum. It shows well in all light and would look at home next to the RX. I have found the midnight silver to be a great colour for hiding light dirt, dust and dings. I was also impressed by the black for a number of reasons. It does disguise the smiley face on the new 3 better than anything, if that's your goal. Besides, as Gino Vanelli knew, black cars look better in the shade.

For those interested, that's the copper red mica. I also considered a black 2010 GT hatch for the same reason, but ultimately ended up with my Carbon Grey Mica hatch, which is the perfect compromise between my tendency to buy dark coloured cars and the need to maintain their appearance.

Still, I can totally appreciate hot looking colours and white ranks at the very top for the bright side of the spectrum. I personally find that silver is a bit... overdone, there are way too many silver cars out there. Even white is a bit overdone, but at least I feel that a white hatch with dark tints and nice rims stands out head and shoulders above the silver version.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just came inside the house to cool off and take a break from clay barring my CWP sedan... Its a lot of work to keep it mint... but damn it looks good.
    2010 M3 GT
    6spd Sedan
    Crystal White Pearl / Black

"Question with boldness the very existence of god, for if he does exist, he would much more approve the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a NICE silver.

I have a silver Civic Si, and my wife's new 3 is Silver. The 3's silver is a really nice silvery-grey. I'd go silver.

Besides, white cars ALWAYS look dirty unless you wash them every day.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jord81 View Post
    It's a NICE silver.

I have a silver Civic Si, and my wife's new 3 is Silver. The 3's silver is a really nice silvery-grey. I'd go silver.

Besides, white cars ALWAYS look dirty unless you wash them every day.
    This is true of black as well... infact even worse. black can be clean but if it has not been buffed it still looks like shit...

The two best looking colours require the most care... imo its worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12