View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Mazda3 2010 built in navigation system?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely Satisfied

2 6.67%
  • Satisfied

5 16.67%
  • Not Satisfied

10 33.33%
  • Extremely Dissatisfied

13 43.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention all Mazda 3 2010 owners unhappy with navigation system (GPS)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Attention all Mazda 3 2010 owners unhappy with navigation system (GPS)

Have you noticed that many streets are missing? Have you been frustrated because you can't enter any number beyond 3 digits for Yonge Street?

We, as buyers of the new Mazda 3 need to unite into action. It is misleading to sell a new car with an old navigation system and then ask for money for an upgrade!

If you would like to join in this action, to protect our rights, and to make sure corporations don't take advantage of buyers, please message me with your name, email, and the Mazda 3 model you purchased as well as month of delivery. I am going to submit a letter to Mazda, as well as the CANADIAN COUNCIL OF BETTER BUSINESS BUREAUS and the ONTARIO MINISTRY OF CONSUMER SERVICES.

This is a matter of principal. As I mentioned in my earlier posting - you wouldn't buy a 2010 car and expect to get a 2008 steering wheel - so why should we get an outdated GPS system?

In joining this complaint we are also protecting future consumers, and possibly increasing our chances that they will change the current status of things.

Best Regards,
    Lily

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Attention all Mazda 3 2010 owners unhappy with navigation system (GPS)

Have you called Mazda Canada to see what their response was? Why don't you do that first and get things rolling on your own before asking for a lot of personal info. It's nothing against you personally, but if no one is willing to talk to you regarding the issue, it may be a lot of wasted time on your part and others.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Attention all Mazda 3 2010 owners unhappy with navigation system (GPS)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    Have you called Mazda Canada to see what their response was? Why don't you do that first and get things rolling on your own before asking for a lot of personal info. It's nothing against you personally, but if no one is willing to talk to you regarding the issue, it may be a lot of wasted time on your part and others.
    Thanks for the advice. It was late at night I think I got a little too emotional about it. I actually called the dealership today and they're going to take a look at it for me, and update it for free!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Dealership...i'm a little pissed at my 2008 nav in my car as well.

Ride
    2013 335i xDrive M sport
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep nav is realy sad...........

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank god i didnt get it lol
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS - Velocity Red
    Tints: 35% Front, 23% Rear | 6000K HID kit | Lamin-X Fogs | Blacked out emblems | Blacked out fog light trim | Blacked out Axela badge | LED Interior light kit | LED License Lights | LED Trunk light | CF wrap interior | Speed3 shift boot | TWM Performance Piston shift knob, Gunmetal | Eibach Prokit | 18' Enkei EKM3, Gunmetal |
    Next: Front Lip | Gloss Black Roof | K&N Intake | Corksport Exhaust
    |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet the OP is American right? "Principal", please. I hear that word thrown around so much at work that it sickens me.

"Sir, your cheque is on hold"
    "Why?"
    "Because it's our policy, did you need the funds? I'll see what we can do to accommodate you"
    "No, it's a matter of principal"
    *facepalm*
    Alpine White 2013 BMW M Sport 335i xDrive
    CWP 2010 Mazda3 hatchback - Traded in

Ride
    2021 CX-30 GT Turbo
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is said that correct word use is the principal principle of English grammar.

I have heard the built-in nav is pretty bad, Mazda should provide an update to at least current maps free of charge. But this should be expected if you did any research before you bought the car. It's all over these forums, and reviews.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which dealership is that that will update it for free?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it sounds like the nav fails in so many different ways for everyone.
    mine rarely lets me enter an address at all anymore. the menu goes blank where address would be...

it's a damn good thing the turbo pulls like it does or I'd be pissed!

I do like having the map on so at least that works.
    I notice when I'm driving my truck, I feel lost not being able to glance at a map to see what intersection is coming up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flunk View Post
    It is said that correct word use is the principal principle of English grammar.
    +1

As for the nav system, as I have the GS trim level I don't have this headache unfortunately. I'll watch how it plays out carefully though, since it says a lot about Mazda.

2010 Mazda 3 Sport - Gunmetal Blue Mica

- Tints - LED Interior - Aluminum Pedals - Rally Armour - VG Sharkfin - Morimoto 5000k HID - Nokya Fog Lamps -
    - MS3 Rims - TWM Shifter - Eibach Pro-Kit - Koni Sports - Corksport SRI - Hella Supertones - Yakima Rack -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pseudo-Edit: Above post was intended to be read as "as I have the GS trim level, I thankfully don't have this headache".

Sure wish I had enough posts to be able to edit instead of double-posting.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyuzora View Post
    Pseudo-Edit: Above post was intended to be read as "as I have the GS trim level, I thankfully don't have this headache".

Sure wish I had enough posts to be able to edit instead of double-posting.
    but the first post was way funnier...

I haven't bothered taking it back to the dealer to see it they'll do anything, so I can't get too upset yet, but I really doubt they'll do anything at all.
    When I get a chance I guess I can leave the car with them and see what happens.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilylee View Post
    Thanks for the advice. It was late at night I think I got a little too emotional about it. I actually called the dealership today and they're going to take a look at it for me, and update it for free!
    Quote Originally Posted by civuck View Post
    Which dealership is that that will update it for free?
    Anyone have any luck getting a free update for their 2010?
    Damn you photobucket.....

Ride
    2013 335i xDrive M sport
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    LOL Maybe u know the way ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post

Since all of the street info of vitually every city and town in North America needs to be programmed into one small unit by several hundred people employing both GIS and GPS IT, the chances of human error is exponential. Compound that with the superfluous information (i.e. paid advertizing by various hotel chains, restaurant chains, entertainment entities, and the mandatory government institutions) that is very carefully overlaid on the already questionable programming; why would you think any upgrade will resolve the issue with missing/inaccurate geographical information? The only upgrade that you will receive will be more error upgrades to the already flawed data base, but I assure you that the coordinates/locations of the facilities of the paying corporations will be accurate and up-to-date.

Well here's a reliable upgrade option; it's not free, nor is it digital. It doesn't even speak to you, so there is no chance of being told by a cybervoice to turn at the next left and drive over a cliff into a water-filled quarry just before it asks you, "Will you have fries with that?" Albeit crude, it has certainly proven to be an extremely reliable upgrade to my 2006 Mazda 3 and to any other vehicle that I choose to drive, since it is extremely portable. The upgrade is a true testimonial to over 5000 years of cartography that started with a stick in the sand and the true start of the information age nearly 700 years ago with the invention of the printing press:

2009, Allmaps StreetFinder: Greater Toronto, Rand MacNally & Co., Markham, ON ($14.95, not $1495.00)

... Oh! And there is always the clerk at the corner store.

Just a thought.

mazdilla, Hon BA, Environmental Geography, Hon BEd
    Mazda ... gone zoom zoom!
    2012 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB 'Lifted'/ 2008 Ford Escape Limited
    P.S. Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, 'The Light at the End of the Tunnel' has been turned off.

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 2010 GT without navi. I thought it wasn't worth it so I just use my trusty Garmin GPS. I've had it for over 2 years and has a lovely British woman's voice giving me the play by play.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Egor...ka View Post
    LOL Maybe u know the way ?
    Nope... I wouldn't ask if I already knew.. but the OP seems to have recieved an update for free.. and I doubt that it really happened as no one else is giving updates.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdilla View Post
    2009, Allmaps StreetFinder: Greater Toronto, Rand MacNally & Co., Markham, ON ($14.95, not $1495.00)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    I have a 2010 GT without navi. I thought it wasn't worth it so I just use my trusty Garmin GPS. I've had it for over 2 years and has a lovely British woman's voice giving me the play by play.
    I have TomTom, Garmin and Navigon on my iphone... I do not use the nav system in my 3... however I do believe it should have come with up to date maps.

Ride
    2013 335i xDrive M sport
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im using GOD GPS by straight connection to the heaven The best ever LOL

But Mazda GPS can show u the way to the dark side

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a POS... I really am unimpressed with Mazda Canada giving us 2008 maps in a 2010... and not offering a discounted map upgrade is utter bullsh*t.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the 2011 units equipped with up to date maps at least? -_- No way to update the software using a computer?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time Ive bought a Garmin Ive had to buy additional maps why should a vehical be any different?
    2010 Mazda 3 GT ... Corksport Motor Mount Inserts, LED Fog Lights and Interior Lights, Front Plate Relocation Kit, Rally Armour Mud Flaps, Corksport Dual Exhaust, Rear Swaybar, Front Tower Brace, Midbody Brace, K&N SRI, Set of Goodyear Eagle GTs on the stock rims, Set of Whispbars, Yakima Front Loaders.... More to come..
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12587&dateline=1292465767
    2006 Mazda 3 GS> Sold
    2003 1.6L Protege SE> Sold

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek13 View Post
    Every time Ive bought a Garmin Ive had to buy additional maps why should a vehical be any different?
    if they wanted money for maps in 2011, that were current as of some time in 2010..I could understand. However we are talking about 2010 model vehicles, that are coming with maps from 2008. Also, Garmin is a ~250 purchase. A 3 with navigation is 20-30000...
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek13 View Post
    I think they are selling Garmin GPS with lifetime updates and traffic reports. My friend got one.

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, at this point, it's more the fact that I should have 2010 maps on my 2010 vehicle and damned if I'll pay for map upgrades - meaning, the maps on my car WILL stagnate in less than a year no matter what I choose to do, rendering the nav unit on my car into more or less of a novelty item past 2011 - 100% guaranteed.

I rely mostly on the google map app in my iphone, and if I want something more powerful, I can buy the Garmin StreetPilot app if i find myself clueless enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast