Thread: Another newbie here

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another newbie here

Hi I posted a thread in the engine/drive train forum, but forgot to introduce myself here!

I am in the Thornhill area and just picked up my new 6 speed Mazda 3 GT Sedan. (GunMetal Blue)
    Though I am new to the forum I am not new to Mazda's. This is my 4th one in Canada.

I find this is a great place to obtain an idea of what issues or experiences are out there.

So after doing 300KM on my new car, I have found two unusual characteristics, which I already posted in the other thread. But here is a recap:

1) Pulling off from 1st with clutch release and application of gas, I often hear a roarish type sound, and some vibration feedback in the floor around the pedals.
    2) Am constantly feeling a vibration around the pedals when Revs go up. For example hitting the highway yields some excessive vibration as I gain speed. I am am also told by the front passenger, that they feel some vibe in the floor as well.

Anyway look forward to hearing any feedback and by all means please feel free to ask me any questions related to my whole purchase/driving experience.

Mike

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another newbie here

Unfortunately, as this is my first manual transmission vehicle, I can't really comment on whether the sounds are unexpected or not, though as someone with the same model (6 speed GT sedan), I'm not noting any 'roarish type sound' or unexpected vibrations.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should take it back to the dealership and have them check the wheel balance if your getting vibrations at certain speeds, i think i mentioned this in your other post aswell as for the roaring sound, probably normal as the mazda 3s are just loud 4 cyl.
    and welcome to the forum
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys for the input.
    I'll accept the roar as a charcateristic of this peppy 4cyl engine. It's actually quite nice and accept that it's very unlike all the other Mazdas I've owned.

I'm still uncomfortable with the other issue, so I may have to deal with it. I feel the issue though is more with the powertrain/engine as I notice the vibration only when applying gas. It's not noticable as much on the steering, as it is lower to the ground.
    Also to add to that is a sense that the car is not keeping up with the gear shiftiing as I accelerate. In oher words as I progress from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and so on, I feel as though the Revs are too low for the gear I am in, so I constantly feel I need to raise he Rpms to improve the drive sensation and hence downshift.
    It sounds odd, I know, and hard to describe. So I'm going to ask the sales person to arrange a drive in another GT so I can compare and this will settle my concerns, I hope.

Thanks again for reading my post.

Mike

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to TM3! I also drive a 2010 GT with a 6 speed and I don't have any of your wierd vibration issues..... But I have also noticed that I often have to give the engine a little more gas when shifting from 1st to 2nd then I would expect. I think you might just be shifting at lower rpms....?