Default Re: Hyundai to Introduce New 429 Horsepower 5.0-litre V8

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh.... its still a hyundai
    Mazda 3 Aluminum Pedals | 6000k HIDs | Razo Shift Knob | LED Eyebrows | Stubby | Blacked out Emblems | TorontoMazda3.ca Decal | GV Front Lip | 17" Advanti M40 Bronze Time Attack Rims | Falken ZE912 Tires | Smoked Reflectors | Blue Calipers with Mazda Decal | AutoEXE Spoiler Wing | LED Interior Lights | 2008 OEM LED Tail Lights | 23% Tint All Around | Viper 2-way Alarm System | Clarion NX 409 | Clarion Integrated Bluetooth | CCFL Halo Angel Eyes | Custom Black and Blue Head Lights | Euro Yellow 3000k Fog Lights | Fujita F5 Cold Air Intake | Chrome Turn Signals | Hawk Brake Pads | Dry Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior | DI-NOC Dry Carbon Fiber Wrapped Roof | Dry Carbon Fiber Front and Rear Flares | Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust + Vibrant Resignator | Tien H-Tech Springs | Front Strut Bar | RhoPlate | etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. could be sweet!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty7 View Post
    That is a very uninformed comment. Research Hyundai they will surprise you. I predict in the next ten years none of us will be able to afford a Hyundai. They will be competing with Mercedes and BMW

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i dont think so

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they'll always be a korean brand. it took more than 10 years for merc and bmw to gain where they are now...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that Japanese automakers were in the same boat as the Koreans way back in the day when they were trying to make it big in a market mostly run by American car companies. So instead of saying "sigh... it's still a Hyundai" they were saying "sigh... it's still a Honda" or "sigh... it's still a Toyota".

Give it time. We can clearly see that their quality of work and reliability has been improving.
    Meh

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBoy8 View Post
    Don't forget that Japanese automakers were in the same boat as the Koreans way back in the day when they were trying to make it big in a market mostly run by American car companies. So instead of saying "sigh... it's still a Hyundai" they were saying "sigh... it's still a Honda" or "sigh... it's still a Toyota".

Give it time. We can clearly see that their quality of work and reliability has been improving.
    I've driven a gen coupe and if it drove a bit better i'd buy one. they don't have the chassis and suspension resources or racing experience that many other brands have and learned from, but give them time and they'll figure it out. I'd still buy a mustang even if the gen coupe was slightly quicker in a straight line and around the track at this point but i don't know why... likely the image

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think your Mazda 3 is a lot better than a Hyundai? At least they make a V8....but not Mazda.

I know I drive a Mazda as well, but is interesting to see other car manufacture to produce good cars and I'm impress with Hyundai's latest line up.
    Last edited by SKYMP3; 06-27-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    1994 Mazda MX-6 Mystere - SOLD
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3 - SOLD
    2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - SOLD

BYE MAZDA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKYMP3 View Post
    You think your Mazda 3 is a lot better than a Hyundai? At least they make a V8....but not Mazda.

I know I drive a Mazda as well, but is interesting to see other car manufacture to produce good cars and I'm impress with Hyundai's latest line up.
    but what does hyundai have in our mazda 3 category... the accent... the elantra? how does that compare to mazda 3?

also... mazda has the rotary engine... theres no other like it... just cause hyundai starts making a v8 doesn't make it that much better.

but i give it they are making strides. but not for another 5 years they won't be that good. the only thing they have going for them, is that they are cheap... but you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Darkfrosty7; 06-27-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but what does hyundai have in our mazda 3 category... the accent... the elantra? how does that compare to mazda 3?

also... mazda has the rotary engine... theres no other like it... just cause hyundai starts making a v8 doesn't make it that much better.

but i give it they are making strides. but not for another 5 years they won't be that good. the only thing they have going for them, is that they are cheap... but you get what you pay for.
    Soon they're have a turbo accent

but for now i guess the touring is the most comparable?

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda doesn't have anything like Gensis Coupe neither.......Rotary.....some people may like it, but it's a pain in the @ss to maintain it. it's handle great, but slow for the class and for the price tag, even a slower than a Speed3, anyway.....

No one saying Hyundai is much better cos they have a v8 now, for sure they are not as quality as Germans, but your comment about oh..still a Hyundai is just ignorance and bias..

By the way, for the price range, I will take the Genesis Coupe over a Mazda3. Again, that's my own preference.

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys think that V8 is really made by Hyundai? or is it a generic engine like they use to buy from mitsubishi?
    2010 Subaru STI

Mods:
    Not enough room to list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever driven a new Hyundai????Have you ever been to a dealership???If not you can't even comment on this. I have bought both a new Hyundai Sonata, and an almost new Mazda 3, both in the same year. Kms, they are within 10 000 of each other. So far on my mazda, the brakes are gone, the suspension is on it's way out, i've had to have warrenty work done to the power steering as well as the transmission. Now on the hyundai....let me see, oil changes...THATS IT....I've got a buddy who drives a speed3, after 25 000 he needed a new turbo. My brother in law had a new Hyundai Azera, put 100 000 kms on it, nothing but oil changes and regular maintenance. Don't get me wrong, I love my mazda, but in build quality, in my experience Hyundai Wins hands down.

As well we can't even compare hyundai with the german manufactures. They have some amazing cars for the price, but you are getting what you pay for, and I don't mean lesser quality, I mean lesser bells and whistles.

And if you look at what they have in the Mazda 3 Category, the Elantra Touring, which may not be as refined, but your also walking out the door for 10000 less than a GT-E, In price comparison the Genesis coupe comes right along the Mazda 3, and after having owned my Mazda, I think it would be a hard decision if I had to do it over again.

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PearlM3 View Post
    Have you ever driven a new Hyundai????Have you ever been to a dealership???If not you can't even comment on this. I have bought both a new Hyundai Sonata, and an almost new Mazda 3, both in the same year. Kms, they are within 10 000 of each other. So far on my mazda, the brakes are gone, the suspension is on it's way out, i've had to have warrenty work done to the power steering as well as the transmission. Now on the hyundai....let me see, oil changes...THATS IT....I've got a buddy who drives a speed3, after 25 000 he needed a new turbo. My brother in law had a new Hyundai Azera, put 100 000 kms on it, nothing but oil changes and regular maintenance. Don't get me wrong, I love my mazda, but in build quality, in my experience Hyundai Wins hands down.

As well we can't even compare hyundai with the german manufactures. They have some amazing cars for the price, but you are getting what you pay for, and I don't mean lesser quality, I mean lesser bells and whistles.

And if you look at what they have in the Mazda 3 Category, the Elantra Touring, which may not be as refined, but your also walking out the door for 10000 less than a GT-E, In price comparison the Genesis coupe comes right along the Mazda 3, and after having owned my Mazda, I think it would be a hard decision if I had to do it over again.
    So true... Ive leased a kia (sister company of hyundai) before I bought my 3. And that car never gave me any problems while I was using it. My 3 on the other hand has had a bad o2 sensor and a vacuum solenoid replaced already. Im crossing my fingers that nothing else happens to it before I trade it in for a new car. Just because korean cars are cheap doesn't mean they'll break that easily. The mazda3 is just more fun to drive but not really that very well made.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ok... it was just a comment on hyundai... gee

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ok... it was just a comment on hyundai... gee
    Just make sure you do your research next time before opening your mouth. It'll save some bandwidth here
    2008 True Red MazdaSpeed 3
    2012 CWP Mazda 3 SkyActiv

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly View Post
    Do you guys think that V8 is really made by Hyundai? or is it a generic engine like they use to buy from mitsubishi?
    The Hyundai Tau V8 is an all-Hyundai design. The 4.6L V8 used in the Genesis sedan also made the Wards 10 Best list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they build it in the coupe, I will come.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticBlueNTO View Post
    The Hyundai Tau V8 is an all-Hyundai design. The 4.6L V8 used in the Genesis sedan also made the Wards 10 Best list.
    so did the ms3's engine... i don't put alot of faith in that list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take a V8 Genisis coupe over most American pony cars.

Hyundai is trying verfy hard to improve it's image. And it is working. They are not at the level of competing with the snob name brand companies like Benz or BMW. But know for sure that people that drive an Acura or a Lexus would give a Hyundai a second look the way they have been going.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to agree with the pro hyundai sentiment in this thread.. after owning 2 new hyundais in the past 10 years i never had to visit the dealership outside of regular services. My mazda has not been as reliable in the first year of ownership as 2 hyundai's were over 8 years.

Once im ready to trade in the Mz3 ill seriously be considering a Hyundai or VW (German made only)
    2010 M3 GT
    6spd Sedan
    Crystal White Pearl / Black

"Question with boldness the very existence of god, for if he does exist, he would much more approve the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So True, I Drove a rental accent and elentra and test drove their Genesis and Sonata...The quality of their new vehicles is very suprising! Plus their exterior door panels are solid unlike my mazda where dents could be made with minimal pressure lol.

Ride
    2015 Genesis AWD V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure Hyundai had a bad rap but so have alot of other manufacturers. They are quick learners and have a lineup that covers many segments. Engine wise, they are showing what they can do! A great V8 (while some other manufacturers have yet to make one). Direct Injection on their 4 banger (Sonata). And their new turbo. 276hp, 34MPG and runs on regular gas!!!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/31/2...new-york-2010/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast