Thread: hope it doesnt rain when you drive

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hope it doesnt rain when you drive

I have 2008 mazda 3 sport gt and 50,000km the power steering pump went than at 85000km the winshield wiper motor went. MAZDA WILL NOT COVER WIPER MOTOR SINCE WARRANTY HAD JUST RUN OUT. I LOVE IT WHEN A COMPANY SELLS YOU SOMETHING AND CAN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. NO WAY THIS SHOULD OF HAPPENED.. Of course the motor went when i was in a big rain storm and you dont realize how important they are till you dont have them. Can anyone else tell me what will break on this car next? Can you say Honda. had acura integra 220,000 km and not one thing went wrong with it...the thing was bulletproof. Now i pay more for the mazda and its falling apart.... any suggestions

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: hope it doesnt rain when you drive

I'd say if you're that unhappy with it, sell it and buy something else. Every car is different, and every car has the potential of having something fail - doesn't matter what brand it is. You say you had no problems with your Integra, but I bet many other people have. There are probably many forum posts around the net from people who own Honda's and have failures of parts and are not happy about it. Of course, some cars are inherently better than others in terms of overall quality, but they all have mechanical components that can fail. If you really can't stand the thought of something going wrong with a vehicle until after 200K, you're best to start taking the bus because it's gonna happen whether you drive a Mazda or another make. If nothing ever went wrong with a Honda, they would have a 300K 15 year warranty on every vehicle.
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport - 1,000 RWUP (Rear Wheel Unicorn Power)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember when I chose to paint my wiper arms on a day with thunderstorms......Fun drive back from wings night, but I managed to do it
    CURRENT: 2009 Subaru Impreza STI | 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD | 2009 BMW X5 3.5d
    GONE: Apparently too many cars to list in the signature....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RECREATIONAL_ANXIETY View Post
    I'd say if you're that unhappy with it, sell it and buy something else. Every car is different, and every car has the potential of having something fail - doesn't matter what brand it is. You say you had no problems with your Integra, but I bet many other people have. There are probably many forum posts around the net from people who own Honda's and have failures of parts and are not happy about it. Of course, some cars are inherently better than others in terms of overall quality, but they all have mechanical components that can fail. If you really can't stand the thought of something going wrong with a vehicle until after 200K, you're best to start taking the bus because it's gonna happen whether you drive a Mazda or another make. If nothing ever went wrong with a Honda, they would have a 300K 15 year warranty on every vehicle.
    Also, they would stand behind it but apparently according to your post, your warranty is done. That is not Mazda's fault. Standing behind something would be if it was covered under warranty, should be covered under warranty, and they are denying fixing/covering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0aZuMi0o View Post
    What else can I get for ladies other than Spa/Nails gift card??
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    a cooking apron?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my suggestion is to not jump on a forum just to rant. You're surprised Mazda won't fix something for free when your warranty expired? Not a new thing for companies to do. They make warranties long enough to cover what they believe to be the point at which any minor manufacturing problems would sort itself out. If you got it new and you were that concerned, you should have bought extended warranty. If you bought it used, what can you expect? You don't know what was done to it before you had it. Like was said, just because you had a Honda product that lasted long for you doesn't mean that it, as a company, has no problems with reliability. Nor does it mean all Mazda's have the same problems. There are people on here that have cars with very high mileage bought new and still running like new. Jumping on a forum like this going "OMG, MAZDA SUCKS, DON'T BUY!!!" just because you personally don't like it is a bit too dramatic.
    2008.5 GT Sport - Black Mica - SOLD!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 - Black Mica - Minor Mods

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How close is it out of warranty? When did you actually purchase vs when warranty officially started. If you regularly used the dealer for service, they might have been more willing to cover.
    Regards
    Shawn

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ this thread

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    How close is it out of warranty? When did you actually purchase vs when warranty officially started. If you regularly used the dealer for service, they might have been more willing to cover.
    Based on the OP post, it was ~5,000KM out. I can agree that some dealerships are better than others and if you always go to one they are more willing to help out if they can. That being said, even if you are turned down because of warranty out after that long, you really have nothing to complain about.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MistaChin View Post
    lol @ this thread
    +1

Seriously, what do you expect. It's out of warranty, you are SOL. All cars break, hell everything breaks eventually.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you mention Honda... I just saw two newer generation Civics (say post-2005) broken down on the 404 in the southbound lane, and this was all between 16th Avenue and Finch. Haha.

Sounds like the OP was hoping that the dealership would bend the rules and cover the repairs when the car is clearly out of warranty. Not sure why you would expect someone else to foot the bills for your repairs in this economy and with capitalism hard at work.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
    Sounds like the OP was hoping that the dealership would bend the rules and cover the repairs when the car is clearly out of warranty. Not sure why you would expect someone else to foot the bills for your repairs in this economy and with capitalism hard at work.
    True, but it has happened before. Cannot hurt to try, just got to be nice about it if it fails.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again the importance of extended warranty is confirmed.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    Again the importance of extended warranty is confirmed.
    LOL.......... salesmen, what can I say.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol true dat
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Electric Blue
    Mods: 20% tints around, 17"Tenzo Type M flat black, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Eibach Prokit, Eibach Camber Kit, Vibrant STB, Angel Eyes, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust, blacked out emblems, Nextmod front GV lip, Nextmod Rear Flares., 8000K HID, Aftermarket Fogs, Koni Yellows, Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand where OP is coming from. From the 3 Acura 1.6 ELs I've owned and the 1998 Civic CX i daily drive to Waterloo every day, those cars are so solidly built. Between the 4 cars, only one had mechanical problems, and that would be one of the door actuators going; the rest, just things changed out like bearings and timing belt/water pump.

I'm a bit worried about my 05 GT because after I got the car from my friend, I was hearing things about some Mazda 3s having serious electrical issues, things breaking... I'm not looking forward to any un-needed expenses. I suppose people should expect things to happen now, with every single new car coming out with electronic systems up the wazoo, so I would say that buying a new car, regardless of make, you'd probably have more unexpected issues than the older, simpler cars. Honda, Mazda, Toyota, whatever.. everything is power this, power that, more things to go wrong... and i suppose as a result, more costly to fix... lol

2005 Mazda3 GT hatch | CAi | Vibrant Exhaust | Tein Basic @ family friendly height | 18" Enkei RP03

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats insane, if that happend to me i'd be out my mind. Ive had tonns of problems too, I feel your pain. Mazda dealership wont look at my "moving steering wheel" either. When my steering wheel is locked you can still move it around with some force its really dangerous. and lol Jeffs so funny!
    Missing the mazda life

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have an 07 Civic in the family, and the current gen Civics actually have this problem where when it gets too hot, the sun visor can expand and break off.

This is something that SHOULD NOT be happening, but it does. I'm 2 months out of warranty and they won't fix it. Oh well.
    Alpine White 2013 BMW M Sport 335i xDrive
    CWP 2010 Mazda3 hatchback - Traded in

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a used mazda 3 sport 2004 which now had 108 000 kms. Had to change:

- E brake cable
    - shifter cable
    - belt tensioner
    - both front wheel bearings
    -strut leak (rear)

Warranty work:

Both rear doors due to rust on b pillar
    semi tranny rebuild due to 3rd gear grind
    fan assembly replaced

I love this car but I owned a 92 Accord and that was a solid car. No problems whatsoever except for ball joints, the car has like 6 of them. The car was 18 years old and never did have these problems. Wheel bearing, no. Strut leak?? I went over a median with my old honda with my back tire and no damage. You know what I still love 2004-2009 mazda 3. Even if they are rust buckets...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neveragain View Post
    I have 2008 mazda 3 sport gt and 50,000km the power steering pump went than at 85000km the winshield wiper motor went. MAZDA WILL NOT COVER WIPER MOTOR SINCE WARRANTY HAD JUST RUN OUT. I LOVE IT WHEN A COMPANY SELLS YOU SOMETHING AND CAN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. NO WAY THIS SHOULD OF HAPPENED.. Of course the motor went when i was in a big rain storm and you dont realize how important they are till you dont have them. Can anyone else tell me what will break on this car next? Can you say Honda. had acura integra 220,000 km and not one thing went wrong with it...the thing was bulletproof. Now i pay more for the mazda and its falling apart.... any suggestions
    So you never budgeted any money for repairs? Really? I mean what's a wiper motor repair? $300? Maybe less if you can swing your own wrench. Do you ever budget for new tires, battery, or brakes? This isn't a very significant repair, IMO. Some Hondas are notorious for premature transmission failure. Like '99 to '04 Odysseys. Thats like a $4000 repair and a week of downtime.
    2010 Mazda3 Graphite Mica GS Auto with Comfort Package

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the late model Japanese cars were pretty much bulletproof, especially those from Honda, Toyota and Nissan. Everything is made differently now, so yeah, things are going to break. The OP is complaining over a wiper motor, and then compares this to a very old Acura. Hondas are no longer that durable either. Check out all the problems Civic owners have in this URL. Honda has a TSB out for 2006 and later models b/c of cracking blocks! Yes, cracking blocks! And lets not even get into the Toyota issues...

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/C...ne_block.shtml Check out post #84

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post
    Funny you mention Honda... I just saw two newer generation Civics (say post-2005) broken down on the 404 in the southbound lane, and this was all between 16th Avenue and Finch. Haha.
    Last edited by sarujo; 07-25-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to include the link! Hurray for editing powahs.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    All the late model Japanese cars were pretty much bulletproof, especially those from Honda, Toyota and Nissan. Everything is made differently now, so yeah, things are going to break. The OP is complaining over a wiper motor, and then compares this to a very old Acura. Hondas are no longer that durable either. Check out all the problems Civic owners have in this URL. Honda has a TSB out for 2006 and later models b/c of cracking blocks! Yes, cracking blocks! And lets not even get into the Toyota issues...

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/C...ne_block.shtml Check out post #84
    It is true what you say. In the late 80s and early 90 Japanese cars had to make a statement that their cars were technically superior. Now that they have built that reputation the quality level has gone closer to the domestic brands.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably just a lemon. that is strange tho.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually believe that Mazda has superior quality over most "Japanese" cars, as most Hondas/Toyotas are now made in North America, whereas Mazdas are actually still made in Japan.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenma188 View Post
    I actually believe that Mazda has superior quality over most "Japanese" cars, as most Hondas/Toyotas are now made in North America, whereas Mazdas are actually still made in Japan.
    the mazda 3 yes but not all mazdas, some are made in north america too like the 6, the tribute etc.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Thanks for the correction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast