Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: VERY DISSAPOINTED IN MY MAZDA-RUST

Quote Originally Posted by ST3ALTH View Post
    I dont have a bit of rust on my car. My car is from the states i dont know if that makes any difference. But i make sure to wash and wax and rust proof and still not a spot of rust.
    My borthers wife's car is 08 and hers has had rust repaired 2 times and hers is waxed regualy and krowned yearly

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey they still did it to shut ppl up
    Mazda wont even return emails

Quote Originally Posted by antifuse View Post
    Ahahaha - no. Those companies just have good PR engines to make you THINK that they care. But they're still all about the bottom line, as every successful company is. Apple didn't launch their "free case" program out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it to mitigate the iPhone 4 antenna PR disaster. And now that the hubbub from that is mostly done with, they are ending the program.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its pretty sad, i had high expectations before i bought it, but my first and last mazda for sure. Ive had it for approx 1 year so far. Im going to use it for the winter and get rid of it. Compared to many cars ive had ( 1992 honda accord, 05 honda civic, 2002 toyota corolla) and my current 2006 jetta, i have to say that mazda really does use cheap parts for sure. Service here in Ottawa aint that good here either, except for dilawri bank street mazda, they are the "better" dealer in town.

Ride
    Das Auto
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what your all talking about. I was in the exact same shoes when I bought my car and then Mazda does this lame as rust fix and the crap returns. I did mods which only resulted in selling it all and naming my ride the beater. Now I could really give a rats ass about it. I don't expect Mazda to get any future sales on me nor my sister which owns a cx7.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I had my car rust proofed at Rust check every year, and the car was protected with rust proofing when first purchased. I drive less about 8 000km a year, and park my car in a heated garage. I wash my car regularly, and wax it a couple of times a year. My worry is, that even though it is being repaired by a good place, I'm worried that from all that I'm hearing about the Mazda rust situation, that it will come back to haunt me in a year or two, so is it not best to sell it now? 64 000kms, and in great shape otherwise. minor rust will grow fast, as it spread quite a bit since last March when I first noticed it, and it may be slowly creeping in in places I haven't seen yet........I wish I didn't have to deal with this issue, as I've only had the car for 3 years, and was hoping to keep it for 10!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the original owner had that done. What year is the car you're getting? if it is 2010 or 2011, maybe you will be lucky as they may have improved the material used...........I wish you all the best.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GO ASAP to the dealer! I think they extended the warranty by a year for everyone, so gooooo!! You have till the end of the year. Go to a good dealer, the VIN number is all you need, it doesn't matter if it's second hand.

Ride
    RAM 1500 HEMI
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading these posts really scares me, hopefully i avoid rust for as long as possible
    2008 Copper Red Mazda 3 GS

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. Rust issues after 4 years (supposed to be covered under warranty) but 3 dealerships and Mazda Canada hung me out to dry: babbled something about some Western Regional Service Manager who was supposed to come and look at all these rusting Mazda3's but they never called and he never showed up. The dealership said without actual perforation there will be no coverage, too bad so sad for me.
    Some die hard victims of the shitty Mazda paint job almost took Mazda to court and Mazda took care of them - so the squeaky wheel got the grease. After visiting all these dealerships, calling and sending letters to Mazda with no reply I gave up.
    I swore to never ever touch this car again and recently kept my promise (bought a Toyota instead, mind you they have had their own issues but at least their service level, is much better).
    I actually explained to Mazda that this will be the last Mazda I buy and I will warn all my friends and relatives (happy customer shares his satisfaction with 2-3 friends. Unhappy customer shares his frustration with 10-12 people) but they could not care less. The dealership is still "killing trees" by sending me all these invitations to useless new car sales events and promotions as if I would touch a Mazda with a six foot pole..

All I can say is stay away from this company and remember that there is a reason for their business culture, or lack thereof: The buck always stops at the top.

Maybe their motto is "suckers never cease, they just rotate..."
    Don't be a sucker!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i gotapproved for that 1 extra year. got my car back today with no rust, new back fenders

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say it's the paint, it's more of the cheap metal and poor galvanization. I'm in the same boat as Or3, last Mazda for me also! There nice car's to drive but poor quality.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but every car I have ever owned I've kept until it was over 7 years old. Every one of them showed some rust after 5 years & was a rustbuck by the time it was 7 years old, except one.
    I was absolutely shocked when I learned that Mazda was warranty repairing 6 year old rusty 3s, so I had my 04 hatch repaired this past summer. Make no mistake I'm not happy to have a rusty car, but for me anyway all of the other cars I've owned I didn't really care about after they were 7 years old anyway. I just find a freshly washed 3 still looks so good even after 7 years & the rusty fenders were just like acne on a beautiful woman. I do know how some of you feel, from my own experience I won't ever buy a Volkswagen, Infiniti, or Nissan ever again. So to each their own. Also if you ask around it wouldn't take long before you found people who hate Apple & Microsoft in the same manner. So for me anyway the pluses far outweigh the minuses, but I don't know if I will buy a new Mazda either, I just find the new ones too ugly.

BTW the the only 7+ year old car that I had that wasn't a rustbuck was a 91 Mazda Protege

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I just find a freshly washed 3 still looks so good even after 7 years & the rusty fenders were just like acne on a beautiful woman. I do know how some of you feel, from my own experience I won't ever buy a Volkswagen, Infiniti, or Nissan ever again. So to each their own. Also if you ask around it wouldn't take long before you found people who hate Apple & Microsoft in the same manner. So for me anyway the pluses far outweigh the minuses, but I don't know if I will buy a new Mazda either, I just find the new ones too ugly.
    I thought VWs were supposed to be fairly decent for (not) rusting? Or at least, recent ones? Untrue?

Since you've had so many brands of car, which brands do you found gave the best overall service?

Thanks!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue was not the rust alone, which happened 4 years after buying the car.
    The issue was customer service from both the Mazda dealerships in Alberta and Mazda Canada. Back than when not too many upset clients "unionized" to get Mazda's attention, they politely hung me out to dry.
    Heck, if Mazda would even offer to split the cost of repair back than I would not be posting here...

They chose a short-sighted business strategy which backfires.
    They already lost my business, my family and friend's business for good.

Issues happen in any company. It is how you resolve them which makes a difference.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a 2011 Gunnmetal Blue 3 s Sport. I'm thinking about getting it rust proofed after reading these posts. I keep my cars a long time and switched from a 1998 Jetta that started to rust after 10 years. I don't want any rust!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WASH your car often, especially in the wheel wells and annually rust proof. No guarantees in life though.

Ride
    2012 F-350 6.7L
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read this whole thread and realized that Cynthia must be a great DISAPOINTMENT to her grammar and spelling teacher.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very dissapointed in everything I have been reading about rust on the Mazda's. Why would anyone buy one again if they rust after a few years. Wish I had known before I bought but couldn't beat the 0% interest. And I needed a new car. Looks like I'm going to have to baby this car and keep an eye on it for rust. If I see rust after a few years I'm going to sell it. I think rust drops the value a lot.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been doing reserch on the Zebart rust system. Does anyone know how this effects the warranty on a new car. I called the dealership and of course they would not tell me that it did. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taxinjazz View Post
    I have been doing reserch on the Zebart rust system. Does anyone know how this effects the warranty on a new car. I called the dealership and of course they would not tell me that it did. Has anyone ever had to deal with this?
    Should not affect warranty at all.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo77 View Post
    I just read this whole thread and realized that Cynthia must be a great DISAPOINTMENT to her grammar and spelling teacher.
    You just spelled disappointment wrong.

Anyways on topic; This is by far no remedy to the Mazda rust issue but in my experience the best thing to do if you buy brand new is 1~Head straight to Krown, minutes after you pick her up, don't wait.2~Clay bar and wax her asap and then clay her twice a year afterward.3~Wash and quick wax weekly paying special attention to problem areas.4~ Take care of chips asap.

Like I said this won't guarantee your car won't ever rust but following this method will definately fight it.I've followed the above the past 6+ years and there is not a spec of rust on my car.Even underneath still looks new...I can't explain it, as I know some people have had their cars rust-proofed and still rust shows, so maybe it has a little more to do with the 'regular' maintenance and how well it's done.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    You just spelled disappointment wrong.

Anyways on topic; This is by far no remedy to the Mazda rust issue but in my experience the best thing to do if you buy brand new is 1~Head straight to Krown, minutes after you pick her up, don't wait.2~Clay bar and wax her asap and then clay her twice a year afterward.3~Wash and quick wax weekly paying special attention to problem areas.4~ Take care of chips asap.

Like I said this won't guarantee your car won't ever rust but following this method will definately fight it.I've followed the above the past 6+ years and there is not a spec of rust on my car.Even underneath still looks new...I can't explain it, as I know some people have had their cars rust-proofed and still rust shows, so maybe it has a little more to do with the 'regular' maintenance and how well it's done.

_3
    I agree with taking care of stone chips.

I had few rather large ones, and because I didn't actually maintain them or fix them right away, bubbling started on the roof [exactly around the stone chip]. Nothing large, but still noticeable enough.

No rust in rear wheel wells for met yet. Model 2007 sedan.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taxinjazz View Post
    Do not use ZIEBART they use more of a tar type coating, which is not good.Believe me you only want to contemplate an oil-type spray, like Krown or RustCheck as it will creep into crevices and dissipate moisture.The rubber/Tar or wax types will not do either...your call. (I researched this thoroughly).

_3

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flagrum_3 (Ron I think lol) I don't see how wax will prevent rust?

My sister inlaws 08 is going in for rust repair for it's second time on Tuesday. Her car has been Krowned since new and I personally being waxing the car 2 times a year and it still rusted.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    flagrum_3 (Ron I think lol) I don't see how wax will prevent rust?

My sister inlaws 08 is going in for rust repair for it's second time on Tuesday. Her car has been Krowned since new and I personally being waxing the car 2 times a year and it still rusted.
    Your missing the point Aris, waxing will not prevent rust directly but it's the regular care that will help fight it.Wax will put an extra layer of protection over the clearcoat though.Also as I said I can't explain why some cars still rust after being sprayed, so it may have to do with 'regular care' and proper regular care.To me waxing twice a year is not nearly sufficient.OR it may be I just got lucky and when it was built, my car got good sheetmetal and a proper paint process, who knows? But everything I mentioned, you cannot say will hurt.

_3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast