Hey, so I had a small rock chip on windshield last week, with small cracks around it....very small.

So I took it to Glass Doctor in Barrie and had it covered my insurance to repair.

Now I've never had a windshield repaired and assumed all glass repair places did it the same.

The guy drilled hole where the crack was then applied some gel to it, when I left, the cracks were less visible but you could still see them.

I was told that if it were to spread "and that he never has had it happen" to come back and have the repair cost reduced off the cost of a windshield replacement through insurance.

So a couple days later now, the chip/cracks are the same if not worse after the repair! So I call speedy to ask about their service and how it works, it's totally different (vacuum the air out, and fill with a residue) and apparently "is virtually undetectable" when finished.

I called insurance to tell them about the shitty repair job, and just waiting to hear back from them, they are trying to get a hold of claims to see if they can have it repaired again waiving my deductible, be no point to replace the windshield for a small little chip.

Has anyone ever experienced this? should I have it done at Speedy or Apple auto glass?

opinions please, thanks