Thread: Loan Arranger and Auto Service Finance Center (Scarborough) STAY AWAY

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Loan Arranger and Auto Service Finance Center (Scarborough) STAY AWAY

I got my Car in April 2010, i was a bit desperate as a crappy Credit (which has been fixed) and being a contractor at a company made it hard to get Financing. This place managed to get me a loan for an 04 Mazda 3 GT. There were some obvious problems like a broken screw hole on the bumper and paint chips but We made a deal on that so i get the car for less and i got up until the winter to fix it on my own form a place i trust

Since i had this car, the big 3 issues have been
    1) Horn does not work, there is some type of electrical problem and to solve it they pulled out the fuse. With the fuse in the horn just keeps going like it's pressed. The "shop" they took it to, to get that fixed didn't fix it and want me to wait at least 2 days with the car in their possession to fix and across the city

2) I was getting a squeaking noise from my back passenger side. I suspected it was my brakes/rotors.( this was in June 3 months after getting my car) As i was taking off the rear passenger wheel, one of the nuts was on way too tight i ended up damaging the Nut taking it off, and this is why i think the rotor was damaged/warped. The front pads were worn down and on their last leg and some of them had a crack in the pad

3) i have 3 different tires, yes 3 different ones.

Other Problems
    - When i got the car, the power steering fluid cap was missing and a paper towel was jammed inside
    - Battery cable was loose, lost power driving down Kingston road (on the 2nd day)
    - Coffee and cig ash everywhere inside the center console (caused my car to stink on hot days)
    -The front axle clamp was not clamped properly and all the grease proceeded to shoot ou
    Things needed replacement
    -The passenger side engine mount was broken
    - Both Front Wheel bearings and hub Assemblies needed replacement

Things still needing replacement
    - Hardware for my Steering knuckle, the bolts should just screw into the holes, but for some reason they used a thinner bolt with a nut on the end to hold the knuckle onto the shock
    - Bottom Engine cover is broken and missing
    - the wheel well plastic covers, are missing on the back driverside (where all the ****ing rust is)
    -possibly the rear engine mounts need to be replaced, i keep hearing a knocking noise when i move or slow down by down shifting

All in all this is a shitty place, the Auto Service Finance Center down by Morningside and kingston were the ones who "fixed" the car and told me it was safe.

Right now i'm trying to get an Attorney to see what can be done to get money back for all this crap that i needed to fix because of them, especially the money i need to spend to make the car safe.

There is no way i would take it back to any of those places for Service to get fixed, i want him to pay for the time and parts it took to fix the car properly.

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Loan Arranger and Auto Service Finance Center (Scarborough) STAY AWAY

you were driving an unsafe car since april? your lucky nothing serious happened.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Loan Arranger and Auto Service Finance Center (Scarborough) STAY AWAY

Quote Originally Posted by phil05gx View Post
    you were driving an unsafe car since april? your lucky nothing serious happened.
    YUP the horn i'm still trying to get it fixed, i can't wait 3 days to for those morons to fix it. I'v been waiting for work to settle down a bit but it's getting busier and busier i'm up to a 50 hour work week with work on the side (for the same company )

the Tires i'm getting replaced by the end of the month and the brakes and rotors i changed a long time ago already.

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zoso View Post
    YUP the horn i'm still trying to get it fixed, i can't wait 3 days to for those morons to fix it. I'v been waiting for work to settle down a bit but it's getting busier and busier i'm up to a 50 hour work week with work on the side (for the same company )

the Tires i'm getting replaced by the end of the month and the brakes and rotors i changed a long time ago already.
    wait so you put in the horn fuse and the horn stays on? some wired must be crossed or something.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a good case against the outfit that safetied the car...............
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a pretty bad experience you been through... good luck on your repairs...
    2007 Crystal White Pearl Mazda 3 GT Sedan
    - 6K HID Headlights - 3K HID Fog Lights With Yellow Vinyl - KYB GR-2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - Eibach Camber Kit - K&N Typhoon SRI - Progress RSB - 35% Tinted Windows - RX-8 Rims with 18' Hankook EVO V12 - Vinyl Gloss Black Roof - GV Front Lip Kit - OEM Door Visors - Smoked LED Side & Rear Reflector - Blackout Emblems - Stubby Atenna - Hella Horn Supertones - PIAA Super Forza - Interior & Exterior LED Lighting - WeatherTech DigitalFit - Winter Tires Package -

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This place pulled a fast one on you, the horn function is definately part of a safety check, 3 different tires is not allowed in a safety check you must have either 2 of the same tires on the front or rear or ideally all the 4 same tires. An open CV boot is also part of safety, wheel bearings are also part of safety.

The bolts where the strut attaches to the knuckle are supposed to be a nut and bolt the bolt does not directly thread into anything, now since this is since April I do not think you can get anywhere with a lawyer and if nothing is in writing you are even more out of luck. On the safety certificate it states on the bottom "this is not a guarantee" this paper is good for 36 days but it also says that on the "day" of inspection everything should have passed.

But obviously 3 different tires would have been on the car when the car was checked, but again time has been too long and if you have nothing in writing about the issues then I think you won't get too far.

Sorry about your experience
    M&D Executive Auto Inc.
    79 Brisbane Rd # 1
    North York, ON M3J 2K3
    416-644-5551 or 416-824-2852

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is primarily while I will never deal with dealers that are explicitly "low credit" shops. They try to pull fast ones on people like yourself thinking you're so desperate you won't care or notice that such simple things as a missing fluid cap, 3 different tires, and a non-functioning horn are present.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The horn i noticed on the 2nd day, i took it to the people and like i said they wanted to keep the car for a few days, something i couldn't cause i'm pushing 50 hour work weeks and i needed my car. The tires and everything else i noticed way after.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry about your experience

Actually, I know of this place.
    They were on of the first shops to finance aftermaket parts.

You literally could buy an old 91 CRX, walk next door and pick out rims, MOMO steering wheels, lowering springs, etc., have them all installed and finance it all under one bill of sale.

They are shady and smart = really bad ppl to deal with. Everything in their contract is almost bulletproof when you sign it. Your best bet is to buy it outright as fast as you can - wether dumping full paycheques into a payment or getting a bank loan to pay off their 3rd party financing company

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    I'm sorry about your experience

Actually, I know of this place.
    They were on of the first shops to finance aftermaket parts.

You literally could buy an old 91 CRX, walk next door and pick out rims, MOMO steering wheels, lowering springs, etc., have them all installed and finance it all under one bill of sale.

They are shady and smart = really bad ppl to deal with. Everything in their contract is almost bulletproof when you sign it. Your best bet is to buy it outright as fast as you can - wether dumping full paycheques into a payment or getting a bank loan to pay off their 3rd party financing company

True but it doesn't allow them to say my car was safe

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC it only has to be safe for 30 days.
    You shouldve pointed any discrepancies out to them within that time frame (and have it documented)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn Zoso, sorry to hear about your bad purchase. Thats seriously crazy and makes me wonder how many shady dealers are out there.
    Missing the mazda life

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldve pointed any discrepancies out to them within that time frame (and have it documented)
    I'm not trying to put you at blame.
    Just stating in case anybody has to deal with the same circumstances.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does not "have" to be safe for 36 days, that is just how long a safety standards certificate is good for the ministry. It states right on it "this certificate indicates that the items on the reverse side met the required standards on the date of inspection and is not a warranty on the condition of the vehicel"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks man, really sorry to hear that. Call McGuyver ASAP! He'll be able to get a lot of your electrical (and other) work sorted out real quick. And maybe talk to the guys at MoT and see if they can help you out at all. Just remember to mention that you're a TM3 member.
    Warning!!!
    A STAGE#5 POST WHORE IN TRAINING...

2004 GT Arctic White :: Manual 2.3 ::
    SRI | HID | Moustache

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, you have been through a really bad experience and time because of them. i'm sorry about that.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you do in the end?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suphi View Post
    Man, you have been through a really bad experience and time because of them. i'm sorry about that.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you do in the end?
    OP's last post was like 10 years ago so he may not answer you in a while.