Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Exhaust ticket with a magnaflow cbe help!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Exhaust ticket with a magnaflow cbe help!!

Quote Originally Posted by n00bMeiSter View Post
    No, you can't tell them shit. You're not a certified shop or a registered independent mechanic. You're some guy with a ****ing exhaust ticket, they aren't going to believe you, that's why you had to forge documents.
    +10

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n00bMeiSter View Post
    Well your first mistake was going to first attendance. You NEVER go to first attendance. You go to your court date and show proof. The point to first attendance is so they can get more info to use against you, as well as trick you into thinking you can't get out of the ticket.
    Nowhere in the traffic act does it state that I cannot have an aftermarket exhaust on my car. Not all mechanics have access to dealerships for every car. Sometimes they are too far away from a dealer to get real parts. As long as the exhaust meets the emissions and noise standards set forth in the traffic act, there's nothing they can do.
    Ok. I'm done arguing about this it's really a waste of time and the only reason I even continued was cause I really need 50 posts to post in classifieds. Anyways, not going to first attendance is the worst advice I've ever heard but I really don't want to argue about that too, I'll just keep my record clean attending it and having my 95% drop on the spot rate while you book court dates, wait 10 months, book a day off work, and generally turn it into a production.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curlyface View Post
    Ok. I'm done arguing about this it's really a waste of time and the only reason I even continued was cause I really need 50 posts to post in classifieds. Anyways, not going to first attendance is the worst advice I've ever heard but I really don't want to argue about that too, I'll just keep my record clean attending it and having my 95% drop on the spot rate while you book court dates, wait 10 months, book a day off work, and generally turn it into a production.
    Well, when lawyers say it's pointless to go to first attendance, I'm going to listen to them over you, a person who commits fraud.
    I don't book days off work, I take a couple hours off and that's it. And you didn't have to take time off to go to your first attendance? Yeah, that's what I thought.
    You skip the first attendance and they give you a court date, you go in, with proper documents and they drop the charges. 9 times out of 10, it gets dropped before they even give you a court date.
    Warning!!!
    A STAGE#5 POST WHORE IN TRAINING...

2004 GT Arctic White :: Manual 2.3 ::
    SRI | HID | Moustache

Ride
    Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at making fake documents.

Ride
    2006 Honda Civic Si
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why make a fake one when you can go to an exhaust shop like i did and get one for free?

asking for more trouble on a stupid money grabbing charge that you almost always win.

kkthxbai
    DAI | XXR | NANKANG | DOMINANT ENGINERING | KW | BRIDE
    KAPTION | JVC | OPTIMA | INJEN | TRI POINT | NRG | AVENUE

STRIPPING TECHNOLOGIES | EXCLUSIVE WHEEL AND TIRE | KAPTION

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think at this point we're just beating a dead horse and it's time for a lock.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I'm done arguing about this it's really a waste of time and the only reason I even continued was cause I really need 50 posts to post in classifieds.
    I can see this turning out well! Nothing like bragging about committing fraud to inspire people to want to do business with you
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a fix-it ticket.
    Fix the problem - show the cops you fixed it - go home and rub one out.

IB4TL

Take the initiative. Bring it in to a police division, ask that they properly measure the db level.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*snip*

Lol at serious fraud. I'm sure you think having an exhaust on your car is a serious offence too. Cops don't even give tickets based on whether the exhaust is street legal or not, most aftermarket exhausts are. They give tickets based on how loud it is and that is extremely subjective, hence stock cars getting exhaust tickets. Please enlighten me how that's any more fair than fabricating receipts?

Actually this thread is about 2 days old from the last post, lol.
    Just FYI ... please see Criminal Code s. 366 pertaining to forgery. You might also want to read R. v. Morris, 2006 CarswellOnt 1018 (Ont. S.C.J.). In spite for the fact that forgery can be tried as a summary offence, the fact that you're in breach of the CC if not a "serious fraud", at least it's a serious matter.
    Current: 2021 Audi A5; 2008 Saab 9-3; 2003 Acura RSX Base

Previous: 2015 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback; 2008 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Everyone in this thread being an e-lawyer needs to chill the **** out. This is not some grand forgery scheme I'm committing. I am doing what you are doing except I'm not leaving my house. Get over it. I get 5-6 bullshit tickets a year for my "improper" yet street legal and proper decibel level exhaust that I paid ~1k for. All e-lawyers and e-cops claiming that I'm committing some sort of insane scheme that noones ever heard of are welcome to come to my house and arrest me, and the rest of the tuning community along with me. Sorry you've never heard of this but I didn't invent it and was actually under the impression that this is what everyone who buys an aftermarket exhaust does as cops gives these tickets out like candy (at least in richmond hill).

Also, to the guy above me. This is not serious fraud. This is not a criminal offence. This would be a misdemeanor at best.

My forging a receipt for a $30 exhaust check for "my garage exhaust fix shop" without actually going to a mechanic is no different than a cop giving me an improper muffler ticket without checking my muffler.

And just to keep the online justice team happy: I AM BY NO MEANS ADVOCATING YOU SHOULD FORGE DOCUMENTS

comeatmebro
    2007 Mazdaspeed3
    drive slow homie...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    It's a fix-it ticket.
    Fix the problem - show the cops you fixed it - go home and rub one out.

IB4TL

Take the initiative. Bring it in to a police division, ask that they properly measure the db level.
    You ever actually tried this? Because I have and they told me to take it up in court.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol now im really curious to see how loud your exhaust really is. cant be that bad.
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My forging a receipt for a $30 exhaust check for "my garage exhaust fix shop" without actually going to a mechanic is no different than a cop giving me an improper muffler ticket without checking my muffler.

And just to keep the online justice team happy: I AM BY NO MEANS ADVOCATING YOU SHOULD FORGE DOCUMENTS

comeatmebro
    is it really that hard for you to go to jimmy (street performance) to ask him for his assistance to create a receipt to show that your exhaust is indeed street legal? I'm pretty sure he will me more than willing to help you out. AND it's a way better alternative than creating a fake receipt.

Ride
    Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil05gx View Post
    is it really that hard for you to go to jimmy (street performance) to ask him for his assistance to create a receipt to show that your exhaust is indeed street legal? I'm pretty sure he will me more than willing to help you out. AND it's a way better alternative than creating a fake receipt.
    Youll get pulled over for your new sticker lol

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Everyone in this thread being an e-lawyer needs to chill the **** out. This is not some grand forgery scheme I'm committing. I am doing what you are doing except I'm not leaving my house. Get over it. I get 5-6 bullshit tickets a year for my "improper" yet street legal and proper decibel level exhaust that I paid ~1k for. All e-lawyers and e-cops claiming that I'm committing some sort of insane scheme that noones ever heard of are welcome to come to my house and arrest me, and the rest of the tuning community along with me. Sorry you've never heard of this but I didn't invent it and was actually under the impression that this is what everyone who buys an aftermarket exhaust does as cops gives these tickets out like candy (at least in richmond hill).

Also, to the guy above me. This is not serious fraud. This is not a criminal offence. This would be a misdemeanor at best.

comeatmebro
    There's no such thing as a misdemeanor in Canada. I'm not an e-lawyer, I am a lawyer ... creating a false document and holding it to be a genuine document is a criminal offence, triable by indictment or summary conviction (Canada' equivalent to misdemeanor).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leungalv View Post
    There's no such thing as a misdemeanor in Canada. I'm not an e-lawyer, I am a lawyer ... creating a false document and holding it to be a genuine document is a criminal offence, triable by indictment or summary conviction (Canada' equivalent to misdemeanor).
    that was clutch
    2011 Mazda3 GS - Luxury Package - AT - Graphite Mica
    Is this gal hawt or what?

Ride
    Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much urban dictionary

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comeatmebro
    Just so you know, there is no misdameanor in Ontario. As for forgining a document and presenting it as a genuine document is a dual offence. If you actually do it and the courts find out, they could either charge you by either indictable offence (if found guilty you could be liable for imprisonment for a term of less the 10 years) or summary (if found guilty, could be liable for imprisonment of 6 months)

Personally not really worth the risk, just go and get it inspected

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456