Thread: Red Light Camera in Hamilton

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Red Light Camera in Hamilton

Alright guys...

FIrst of all - Found a bubble Tea place in hamilton. Bay and Cannon.

Second of all, Got Semi Lost trying to get up the hill from cannon. I was driving slow, looking at street signs (there is construction downtown, its a nightmare of potholes too) and entered an intersection when the light was yellow. Flash. Flash. (two of them) Red light camera.

So, in research, I have found: Without a Cop present, its a 325 dollar fine, No demerits, and it apparently doesnt go on your record, as they can't identify that you are the driver.

If I FIGHT the ticket - Can they then identify me as the driver, and if I lose, Get the 3 demerit points?

In both situations, What Will happen to my insurance?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Red Light Camera in Hamilton

As usual, ignorance (be it to the laws or lapses while driving) is no excuse for breaking the law. You ran the yellow/red...you deserve the fine, no point in risking the points when you know it was you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The camera will only go off when the light is red when you pass, there is no excuse for running a red. I run yellows all the time, and never got a ticket, and i'v been in the middle of the intersection when it turned red

On a side note, i don't get why people hate these Cameras. You shouldn't be running red lights in the first place, it's way more dangerous then speeding (speed cameras i don't agree with) plus you get ample time to slow and and stop. The problem i see are people who don't understand how they work and end up stopping as soon as the light turns yellow, usually by slamming on there brakes

Ride
    2003 Honda S2000
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I heard on the news a while back that the camera only captures after the red light is on, and never while the yellow light is on.

This was in a report that was talking about increased accidents because of red light cameras, and they were giving tips to people, saying it only captures you after red light is on. So you don't need to slam on your brakes for a yellow.
    Past:
    2003 Protege5
    2007 Mazda3 GT
    2002 E46
    ///M
    2010 Mazdaspeed3
    2003 Honda S2000
    Current:
    2005 S2000

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I actually have seen the system's work first hand, and you are correct! The camera doesn't capture until the light is a FULL red and then you cross the line. So BS aside OP blew a clear red. You'll have a ticket mailed to you and I haven't seen many people get that ticket dropped or discounted. I'm not sure how it would effect your insurance but I've HEARD that it doesn't effect your insurance and it has no demerit point's

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say fight it Sudz Shit happens sometimes not like you intentionally ran it and you always do it ! or else you would have a bunch of these right. They cant prove you where driving, the most dats gonna happen is no fine, reduced fine or worse case the hole amount.
    people on here try to act all perfect n shit until they get one too. and say oo it was yellow or i was stuck turning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time I got a ticket was for 5km over, Speeding - a dog I was fostering (rotweiler pitbull cross) decided it wanted up front, and a cop pulled me over. Rather than unsafe driving, he gave me 5km over.

I don't speed, I don't race, I don't take chances...

What happened here is Downtown was completely empty, and I had pretty much stopped to try and find the street I was about to cross. The light turned yellow, So accellerated through the intersection. It is POSSIBLE that the tail end of my car had not passed the stop line when the light turned red.

Regardless, the state of the intersection was poor, There is construction, Pylons, Huge potholes/lips from construction. There were no cars around. You guys make it seem like I make a regular habit of running reds.

My girlfriend was in the car, she thought it was yellow as well. She thought the flashing was an emergency vehicle coming. It took us a full 15 seconds to realize what had happened, as we both knew I didn't run the red (and weren't aware of a red light camera)

On a hole, I am happy for red light camera's. My girlfriend was nearly killed from someone running a red light. a Crown Victoria t-Boned her little saturn SL1 at 80KPH because he ran a red.

I'm not asking how you feel about the fact that I 'ran a red" I'm asking what I can do about it.

Thank-you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07m3gt View Post
    people on here try to act all perfect n shit until they get one too. and say oo it was yellow or i was stuck turning
    +1 ... I'm not sure if you fight it in court, whether or not the court would need a driver licence to assume responsibility. Which means if you lose they now penalize the drive licence, instead of the plate.

The best thing to do is confirm if this is true, if not, then fight it because you have nothing to lose. Worst case is...you still end up paying the full fine! There's a lot of paralegals that offer free consultation you can speak with them...but I wouldn't recommend actually hiring them because they are costly especially if there will be no demerit points against your driver licence.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+2...

you gotta becareful downtown hamilton.. I didnt realize there were red light cameras until i was stopped at a redlight... i dont head downtown much..
    good luck fighting it.. if u do..
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Electric Blue
    Mods: 20% tints around, 17"Tenzo Type M flat black, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Eibach Prokit, Eibach Camber Kit, Vibrant STB, Angel Eyes, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust, blacked out emblems, Nextmod front GV lip, Nextmod Rear Flares., 8000K HID, Aftermarket Fogs, Koni Yellows, Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how would you fight it anyways, they have a picture of you going through the red light?
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when they do mail the ticket, they will have a time section of when you crossed the line and how long you were in the intersection for...not sure how you can fight the ticket but if it was under 0.1 seconds or so that you crossed the line, i would prob fight it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
    how would you fight it anyways, they have a picture of you going through the red light?
    how do u fight a ticket when a police find you speeding

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    You typically don't fight that you're guilty - you try to have the fine/points dropped.
    so if you didnt fight it would the points|fine be dropped. smarten up bud

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it affects your insurance or driver record. They don't force you to ID the driver or anything so just pay the fine and becareful next time.

Banned
    Ride
    another mazda
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude,

you won't gain points on your license and nothing will happen to your insurance. The municipality operates the red light program it's just another way to rip off the citizens.....lol PM me and I will tell you how to beat the ticket or to get it reduced to a lesser fine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast_dude View Post
    Dude,

you won't gain points on your license and nothing will happen to your insurance. The municipality operates the red light program it's just another way to rip off the citizens.....lol PM me and I will tell you how to beat the ticket or to get it reduced to a lesser fine.
    Another way to rip off citizens...That is retarded...They are stricter with running red lights than with speeding because of the danger when running a red light, you are much more likely to kill someone running a red light than if you are going 15 over
    2008 Mazda 3 GT Sport----SOLD
    2011 Mitsubishi Outlander V6-----Gone bye bye (SUCKED)
    2008 Hyundai Sonata
    2012 F150 XLT Ecoboost

Thanks
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you agree to being guilty before the court hearing or what ever, you get the fine dropped down by like 50, or something like that, I cant remember what my mom said. I started a topic on this too a couple months ago, and by the sounds of it you probably got one of those "entered the intersection .03 seconds after the light turned red" like me or my mom did. Still dunno who it was.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell3 View Post
    I think if you agree to being guilty before the court hearing or what ever, you get the fine dropped down by like 50, or something like that, I cant remember what my mom said. I started a topic on this too a couple months ago, and by the sounds of it you probably got one of those "entered the intersection .03 seconds after the light turned red" like me or my mom did. Still dunno who it was.
    Don't you have to pay court fees? IF its only gonna go down $50... then it might not be worth it I mean the time wasted + court fees probably make up for that $50.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like i said i can't remember the exact details.
    Organizer for 519 Meets - Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait.. so you haven't receive the ticket yet have you ?
    I'd just wait and see , i mean it may not even count as red light if it's like you said, you may not even get a ticket for it? Don't the cameras go off everytime it turns red?

If you do get the ticket, I'd fight it..
    same thing happened to me, but It was a cop instead of a camera
    fought it, dropped the fine to 90$ and no points.
    I went to a ticket fighter people($365 to hire them), which I think I shouldn't need to afterward, at least my fine got down to 90 and most importantly no points
    That's pretty much what happen to everyone in the line when I went, they dropped everyone's fine and the points
    And those people in front of me just went by them self without any representative.. theyre just a rip off,

So If I were you , I 'd just wait and see what happens?

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I misread the post. Thought a red light district was being set up in Hamilton after the monumental verdict. My bad.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    I misread the post. Thought a red light district was being set up in Hamilton after the monumental verdict. My bad.
    lmao I think they have 1 for crack heads

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a red light ticket cause i riced through a right turn without stopping. i got the ticket mailed to me, it was 180 with no points. my father took it too court cause it came under his name cause i riced with his car and he told the court that he had to go poo poo thats why he was ricing. they reduced the ticket to 50 bucks.
    so if u take this to court tell the judge u had to go poopoo

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flashed on me before when I entered on a yellow, turned red right before I crossed the crosswalk at the other side (I was watching the light, I know exactly when it turned red). This was at Lakeshore and Leslie going west. Never got the ticket. With every red light camera capture there are several pictures and a video of it, as well as your clocked speed when the camera goes off. An officer reviews every single case, sees the pictures, speed, and watches the video. They then decide if you deserve a ticket or not. My old foreman got a red light ticket (St Clair and Victoria Park), showed me the pictures he had mailed to him. Was $180 and no points.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barack osama View Post
    i got a red light ticket cause i riced through a right turn without stopping. i got the ticket mailed to me, it was 180 with no points. my father took it too court cause it came under his name cause i riced with his car and he told the court that he had to go poo poo thats why he was ricing. they reduced the ticket to 50 bucks.
    so if u take this to court tell the judge u had to go poopoo
    LOL thats the most hilarious excuse. However, I also realize that if you are turning on a red light, you should still stop SINCE you are suppose to by law anyways.
    2008.5 Metropolitan Grey Mica Mazda 3 GT Hatch with Luxury Package DONE: OEM LED Side Mirror Turn Signals | TM3 Decals / Plates | Axela Badge | 3M Scotchguard Film on Front Hood / Fenders | Solarguard Quantum Tints 37% Front 28% Back | Flipkey | JDM Rainguards | MS3 Rear Valence | Super White LED Interior / Trunk / License Plate Lights | Smoked LED Sidermarkers | Powdercoated Blue 18" OZ Ultraleggera Rims | Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 | Blue Calipers with Gunmetal Axela Decals | HID 6000K/3000K with Yellow Film Fogs | Hella Tones | Rally Armor Mudflaps | Powdercoated Gunmetal Xenon Expert Aluminum Pedals | Clear Reflectors | Carbon Fibre Rear Emblem Insert | Redline Elite Hood Lifts | CP-E Tow Plate | Her: 2012 Sky Blue Mica Mazda 3 GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast