Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Robbers aka:Rogers changes HUP policy to 30 months

So much for HUP thru Robbers..( Taken from iPhoneinCanada.ca )

Effective today, Rogers is changing their hardware upgrade (HUP) eligibility to 30 months. In other words, customers will be eligible for new device (promotional) pricing at month 30 since their initial activation or upgrade.

So now customers must wait until the 30th month in their 3-year contract to receive a new device at promotional pricing.

It is worth pointing out that Rogers used to have HUP eligibility at 12 months, where customers could get a discounted or promotional priced handset. About two years ago, the company bumped that up to 24 months and now even further to 30 months. It is only a matter of time before it is one device per 3 year contract.

For comparison, Fido has had their HUP eligibility at 30 months for many years, but Fido also has Fido Dollars, which many Fido customers can use to essentially get a free device (iPhone 4).

But fear not! Rogers has some answers to your most asked questions:

FAQ’s

Q: I’ve been waiting months to get the (recently launched device) and now I can’t because I’m not eligible. Why did the HUP policy change?

A: We’ve recently made some changes to the Hardware Upgrade program that reflect the higher cost and advanced functionality of today’s feature phones and smartphones. These changes ensure our customers can continue to upgrade to the newest devices. We constantly review our plans and policies so that we can continue to offer the best devices at the best value to all of our customers in a timely manner.

Q: Why are you doing this without any notice to customers?
    A: Device pricing, Hardware Upgrade policies and eligibility are promotional in nature. Therefore, like all promotions, the upgrade program is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time. Hardware upgrade pricing and policy cannot be guaranteed beyond the time of initial quotation..

Q: How will customers be notified of these HUP changes?
    A: Customers who want to determine their device eligibility should visit a Rogers retail location or go to Rogers.com

As a note, I was hardly impressed with the previous answers.

Now it is worth noting that the recent iPhone 4 promotional program is still around until the end of 2010. So if you are with Rogers or Fido, the chances are still very good that you will get an iPhone 4 at promotional pricing.

However, for everyone else (and for iPhone devices in January 2011), 30 months is your new hardware upgrade eligibility date.

Looks like I may just breakdown and buy an unlocked iPhone...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Robbers aka:Rogers changes HUP policy to 30 months

It's their attempt at having some stock for Christmas. Funny, I wonder if tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee (aka Telus/Bell) will follow suit immediately? They always do...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentJay View Post
    It's their attempt at having some stock for Christmas. Funny, I wonder if tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee (aka Telus/Bell) will follow suit immediately? They always do...
    they usually make collective agreements on stuff like this. so ....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, what do you mean about the iPhone promotional pricing? One can get promotional pricing even if they're not due for their HUP?
    2015 Subaru WRX Sport / Dark Grey Metallic
    2007 Mazda3 Sport GS 2.3L / Crystal Pearl White / 5spd - rip

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when the iphone 4 was announced/released. rogers did 2 main things:
    1. bring back $30 for 6GB data plans.
    2. allowed ANYONE (new client or existing) to upgrade to iphone 4 for new customer pricing (with purchase of data plan, or have to have existing data plan)

Ride
    my husband
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will bitch out Rogers the next time I want an upgrade. If you press them enough you usually get what you want. Even if the upgrade period hasnt come yet. I WILL leave Rogers if they don't give me what they want. They will find others will follow suit cus they are being arseholes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoXy View Post
    I will bitch out Rogers the next time I want an upgrade. If you press them enough you usually get what you want. Even if the upgrade period hasnt come yet. I WILL leave Rogers if they don't give me what they want. They will find others will follow suit cus they are being arseholes.
    Only problem with that plan, is if you are outside the upgrade time frame, you are likely still on contract. If you are on contract and choose to leave, they can bill you for the balance of the contract.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    Only problem with that plan, is if you are outside the upgrade time frame, you are likely still on contract. If you are on contract and choose to leave, they can bill you for the balance of the contract.
    that's their first response to your threatening to leave.
    my standard response is: Bell/Telus is offering a similar plan with the same phone (free/subsidized). the cancellation fee pretty much equals out and i am being provided what I want.

by all means bitch them out when they do something wrong. but be nice when you are trying to get something that "shouldn't" be offered at the time to you.

in general if they genuinely believe you are going to cancel, they'll give you something. maybe not everything you want. but something. and you can always call back and try another rep. dial directly through to retentions though, cause regular CSR are powerless.

also. lay the groundwork. rogers makes mistakes on my bills and services regularly. i phone in to complain so that there is a record and it's noted on my account. so when i phone in at the time i want something i'll reference those notes. more ammunition basically. and rightly so. for example. my 5PM evenings was changed to 6PM. i'm gonna call about that for sure.. even though i don't need it.... haha.. i'll tell them to take whatever the cost is off my monthly bill and keep 6PM or give me another feature such as long distance minutes.

really, the only reason why i'm still with rogers is because i have a good plan, and they are more easily convinced compared to other providers to give me a phone upgrade everytime i ask for it.... cause then i turn it for a profit... lol (i think i've sold like 5 iphones now....)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fini View Post
    that's their first response to your threatening to leave.
    my standard response is: Bell/Telus is offering a similar plan with the same phone (free/subsidized). the cancellation fee pretty much equals out and i am being provided what I want.

by all means bitch them out when they do something wrong. but be nice when you are trying to get something that "shouldn't" be offered at the time to you.

in general if they genuinely believe you are going to cancel, they'll give you something. maybe not everything you want. but something. and you can always call back and try another rep. dial directly through to retentions though, cause regular CSR are powerless.

also. lay the groundwork. rogers makes mistakes on my bills and services regularly. i phone in to complain so that there is a record and it's noted on my account. so when i phone in at the time i want something i'll reference those notes. more ammunition basically. and rightly so. for example. my 5PM evenings was changed to 6PM. i'm gonna call about that for sure.. even though i don't need it.... haha.. i'll tell them to take whatever the cost is off my monthly bill and keep 6PM or give me another feature such as long distance minutes.

really, the only reason why i'm still with rogers is because i have a good plan, and they are more easily convinced compared to other providers to give me a phone upgrade everytime i ask for it.... cause then i turn it for a profit... lol (i think i've sold like 5 iphones now....)
    No doubt. 90% of the time they will compromise and give you something. Same reason I am still with Bell. When I wanted the 9700 when it first came out, and they could not be found, Bell stepped up, found me one at a local store,a nd held it for me for a few hours until I could pick it up(2nd day it was available). They also gave me my existing plan that no longer existed, and gave e the three year upgrade price over two years.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    No doubt. 90% of the time they will compromise and give you something. Same reason I am still with Bell. When I wanted the 9700 when it first came out, and they could not be found, Bell stepped up, found me one at a local store,a nd held it for me for a few hours until I could pick it up(2nd day it was available). They also gave me my existing plan that no longer existed, and gave e the three year upgrade price over two years.
    yep. basically be nice to people and people will be nice to you.
    similar experience. i sent my phone in for repair at rogers store. they lost it. i complained but wasn't aggressive. within 2 days of speaking to the maanger, they replaced my phone with a brand new one dollar for dollar value. (C905 -> N86)

so now i have a brand new N86... hahaha... Symbian though... not quite my cup of tea. not enough customization for a smart phone. maybe i'm just used to my blackberry.. er.. i mean crackberry...

Ride
    Ralliart
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tweak_s View Post
    Chris, what do you mean about the iPhone promotional pricing? One can get promotional pricing even if they're not due for their HUP?
    no because upgrade means, you start over your 3 year contract for $159 with no cancellation fee. Otherwise you would have to cancel your existing contract and start another one. OR pay full price of an iPhone and start 3 years again or continue your existing one, but you may loose your plan.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few things

1. This is a lame attempt at anything
    2. Be nice and you can get what you want from them. You just have to make your talking to the right group.
    3. CRTC sucks. When you have clowns formerly from the big 3 working there...what do you expect.
    4. 30 months in smart phone market is still an eternity. Americans complain about 2 YRS saying its too long.
    5. Hopefully the conservative government (federal) continues to try deregulate the industry and allow even foreign competition as they are trying to do. If they get it done, on a federal level I will forever be a conservative .
    Quote Originally Posted by o0aZuMi0o View Post
    What else can I get for ladies other than Spa/Nails gift card??
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    a cooking apron?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been using my iPhone for over 3 years now...on PayAsYouGo lol...yay cheapo $100ish a year.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was jus hooked up with the sickest Rogers plan ever.
    So i called in cause i was tired of paying $140 a month for 2 phones and i feel it is time to get data.
    this is what i had:
    iphone #1 ---> 250daytime, free eve/weekends 6pm, free incomming, 100 LD, CID, Network calling, unlimited text (no data)
    iphone #2 ---> VM, everything the same but had the 6G data for $30.
    about $140 mnth after tax

AND NOW THIS IS WHAT I GOT:
    iphone 1 and 2 ---> 300 daytime, free eve/weekends 5pm, free incomming calls, free network calling, CID, VM, 100 LD, 500mb data and 2500 text.

all for $46 each a mnth with tax.

ROGERS really needs to keep customers right now!!!!