Thread: My 2009 Speed3 to 2010 Speed3 Comparison

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My 2009 Speed3 to 2010 Speed3 Comparison

Hey guys,

A couple of people had asked me to post up my likes/dislikes compared to my 2009 Speed3 to my 2010.

1.)Performance-
    I'll start here since this is why most people buy these cars. While the numbers say that the car is technically slower 0-60 and 1/4 times, I find it personally "feels" faster. Why? Well I don't know exactly, perhaps it's the supposed torque limiting in 1st and 2nd which allows you to better apply quicker acceleration without fighting the wheel as much, I never noticed this as a problem in my 2009, until I drove my 2010 and felt how much smoother it is.

2.)Handling-
    This is probably the biggest improvement for me overall. While I had heard handling had been improved in the 2010, I have found it to be a vast improvement, now before anyone says "tires" I was running a set of relatively new tires on my 2009, and not poor tires either. The car has far less understeer than the 2009 model and the steering is far more agile and responsive, braking feels somewhat the same, although perhaps slightly better balanced, but that part is minute and probably in my head.

3.)Features-
    Geez, where to start? Listing all those features on this car not on my 2009... Leather seats (Half/Half Cloth), heated seats, blue tooth, memory seating, Auto-Dimming Rearview mirror, navigation, transponder key system...

4.)Comfort-
    While this doesn't matter to most people I'll talk about it... the ride itself is similar to the 2009 or any first gen, rougher than a regular car... big deal we don't buy these cars for a pleasurable ride, I'll take handling over comfort anyday, that being said it's not uncomfortable, just noticable jumping from one car to the other. The one big change in ergonomics I've noticed is the position of the shifter, it sits higher up and closer to the driver and is far more comfortable than in the 2009, again this is something I never had an issue with in the 09 until I drove my new one.

5.) Looks-
    Draw your own conclusion, it's growing on me, and you've all seen the pictures...all that being said, first bodykit with a smile delete is probably going to be purchased by me.... although I don't hate it.

Overall-
    I love this car, it is a definate upgrade from my 2009 in every respect, no regrets at all!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My 2009 Speed3 to 2010 Speed3 Comparison

I forgot to add

Audio

The audio is still a good Bose system, but it's not as clear and nowhere near as good as the 2009 first gen sound system... just my opinion.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bass is quite lacking in the 2010 speed 3's Bose system

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Vector, this is exactly what I was looking for...

What is your opinion on the navigation and bluetooth? Is the navigation comparable to say Garmin or TomTom units with text to speech and an easy to use interface?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherB View Post

What is your opinion on the navigation and bluetooth? Is the navigation comparable to say Garmin or TomTom units with text to speech and an easy to use interface?
    Well it's my first Bluetooth car and it works flawlessly right from start, understands me perfectly.

Navigations works good controls are pretty easy to use, don't use it much but I tested it it cuts the audio Just right to give instructions, lights up turns etc, it's just as good as my $100 Tom tom

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the bluetooth let you view or call the contacts on your phone?

Our CX7 doesn't let you do that, which is probably my biggest complaint.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh not that I've figured out... I havent even figured out how to call a name... usually just "Dial XXX-XXX"

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the manual only the dial xxx-xxx-xxxx is listed. Personally, I find I usually only use redial.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a recent Tom Tom which the newest software and a big 5 inch screen. While the tom tom works better in terms of finding address (the car one need you to be completely precise, so to it markham and unionville are separate places). The in car one is blazing fast in terms of routing. It's also always ready so you never have to wait for it to figure out where you are.

The tom tom has life time maps though so I still keep it on hand just for that.

Uncle Ben
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bettycrocker View Post
    The bass is quite lacking in the 2010 speed 3's Bose system
    Its a bose thing. The higher the volume the lower the bass and mind you its 10.1 over 6 speaker. I find it alot clearer then the last gen. With deck in my car with 5V preouts the sound is AMAZING
    1991 Nissan Pathfinder - trade in, 2005 Mazda 3 GX ty grey - Write off, 2010 Mazda 3 GT E sedan CWP- trade in, 2010 Speed 3 w/tech CWP - Up for sale (soon), 2007 Mazda 3 GS silver- motor swapped in to 2009 MS3 CWP that had blown engine, 2002 BMW 330ci silver- new winter ride, 2005 BMW M3- new toy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the MS3 (I'll let you know in a few days when I pick mine up), but on our 2010 CX-9, you can import all of the contacts from your phone to the car, but you aren't actually accessing them on the fly. Once you import them they become stale if you make changes on your phone, but that's better than nothing.
    [Size=1]-=Brian=-
    TOP Admin - Motorsports Guy
    Interested in getting involved in ChumpCar? Shoot me a note and I'd be happy to give you more info and help you get started!