Thread: Scarboro Mazda...sigh...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scarboro Mazda...sigh...

Picked up my MZ3 second week of Sept....

a week later I faxed my transcript to the finance manager for the grad rebate....

it's now been 2 months...no chq...no replies to my emails i've sent the past couple weeks. Called the dealership, spoke to the sales manager apparently there is nothing he can do...except that he will "make sure" the finance manager calls me back when he returns. And what if he still doesn't?? Then he'll look into it himself. And why can't he look into it now?? sigh....

Then called Mazda Canada and spoke to another moron who put me on hold at least 5 times in a 10 minute call. Told him that I cannot get any information from the dealership regarding the status of my rebate...his response..."well sir we don't have any information here either, you would have to contact your dealership"

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Scarboro Mazda...sigh...

wow, thats pathetic. how the hell does Mazda Canada not have any information? isn't that where the transcripts get sent in order to produce the grad rebate??? I had my grad rebate used as part of my vehicle purchase so i never got a check. hope everything works out!
    Quote Originally Posted by zzz3 View Post
    never ever gonna fack with hitesh again, that's for sure...thread is destroyed.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hit26k View Post
    wow, thats pathetic. how the hell does Mazda Canada not have any information? isn't that where the transcripts get sent in order to produce the grad rebate??? I had my grad rebate used as part of my vehicle purchase so i never got a check. hope everything works out!
    Basically that rep didn't know anything. What ever question I had he basically had to put me on hold or sounded like he was reading material that was prescripted...lol..

But back to Scarboro Mazda...actually more specifically the finance manager...this guy is a total loser. Nothing positive I can say about him. The day that I was signing for the car, at first he seemed friendly and patient when he was trying to see me their BS rust proof and extended warranty. But once I told him I did not want it...you can tell his attitude changed immediately...I was going through the contract before I signed and he was acting all impatient like I was wasting his time and that I should just sign and go.

When picking up the car, after paperwork was signed for, he told me that an evaluation survey will me mailed to me in a few weeks and he basically told me that I should rate them highly...i just smiled (but in my mind...yeah sure buddy). Afterwards, I mentioned to him about the grad rebate (which I only found out about through this forum) not once did they mention it to me during the sale and the sales guy knew full well I went to school at UW through our conversations. Anyways, the finance manager said ok he'll submit the paperwork...but made it sound like he was doing me a huge favor and that he didn't have to. He even said in a serious tone..."Wow I'm doing all this paperwork for you...you should be giving us a perfect score on the evaluation" Once again in my mind..."yeah sure buddy". Never did receive the evaluation survey...i doubt it would go very far anyways!!!

The contract was signed first week of June and car was picked up second week of Sept. There's more to this story considering as you can imagine having to deal with them since June. But kind of lazy right now to type any more...lol....its 4:30am and work is in 4 hours,...sigh....

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn...Mazda of Brampton didn't mention to me about the grad rebate either. I only found out about it through pricing my vehicle online before going to the dealership. The finance manager sounds like a prick. Its pretty sad he "thinks" hes doing you favor...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn they no good...
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Electric Blue
    Mods: 20% tints around, 17"Tenzo Type M flat black, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Eibach Prokit, Eibach Camber Kit, Vibrant STB, Angel Eyes, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust, blacked out emblems, Nextmod front GV lip, Nextmod Rear Flares., 8000K HID, Aftermarket Fogs, Koni Yellows, Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The $500 grad rebate is applied to your vehicle purchase agreement. In my experience, the grad rebate is immediately deducted from the total vehicle cost as opposed to a rebate cheque received in the mail.

I would take a look at your purchase agreement to see if 'grad rebate' is written on it.
    '08 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3...Sold

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rebate is not on the contract...

I completed a form for the grad rebate on the day I picked up the car

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ovie8 View Post
    The rebate is not on the contract...

I completed a form for the grad rebate on the day I picked up the car
    Sounds like they do have to do some paperwork cuz the grad rebate offer has to be explicitly metioned at the time your purchase agreement is being drafted. If they honour the grab rebate, I would thank them for taking the time to do so since they have to make a specific request to Mazda Canada. Dealers receive the rebate through Mazda Canada every time it's applied to a contract. That's why they need your transcripts; it's used as proof otherwise they could submit endless requests to Mazda Canada and pocket $500
    each time.

Doesn't sound like Scarb Mazda wronged you in any way. It's just unfortunate you found out about the grad rebate after picking up your car. It's kind of like finding another dealer willing to offer you a lower price on a identical car then returing to Scarb Mazda and asking them to match it and return the difference in cash even though you already signed and picked up the car.
    Last edited by Speedy2008; 11-17-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2008 View Post
    The $500 grad rebate is applied to your vehicle purchase agreement. In my experience, the grad rebate is immediately deducted from the total vehicle cost as opposed to a rebate cheque received in the mail.

I would take a look at your purchase agreement to see if 'grad rebate' is written on it.
    This was the case for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0aZuMi0o View Post
    What else can I get for ladies other than Spa/Nails gift card??
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    a cooking apron?

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a terrible experience. Is there a finance manager or sales manager on this site that can clarify what the dealership can do for you or should be doing to get you the rebate?

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up my MZ3 second week of Sept....

a week later I faxed my transcript to the finance manager for the grad rebate....
    if you ordered your car in June, why would you not have ordered your transcripts so you could have applied to rebate immediately?

it's now been 2 months...no chq...no replies to my emails i've sent the past couple weeks. Called the dealership, spoke to the sales manager apparently there is nothing he can do...except that he will "make sure" the finance manager calls me back when he returns. And what if he still doesn't?? Then he'll look into it himself. And why can't he look into it now?? sigh....

Then called Mazda Canada and spoke to another moron who put me on hold at least 5 times in a 10 minute call. Told him that I cannot get any information from the dealership regarding the status of my rebate...his response..."well sir we don't have any information here either, you would have to contact your dealership"
    Mazda Canada really has nothing to do with the rebate.. a third party completes the paperwork and issues the cheque.

If the transcripts are provided within 90 days of vehicle pickup, the cheque to you takes about 90 days.

Only if the transcripts are provided before vehicle pickup. (not on pickup... a couple of days before)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    That's a terrible experience. Is there a finance manager or sales manager on this site that can clarify what the dealership can do for you or should be doing to get you the rebate?
    Not much... Keep calling...
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason why I'm glad I bought from Jeff...he's got his crap together! ...which helps me get MY crap together when I purchase a car.

I hope you get your cheque soon!
    Justin in Barrie - 2010 Mazda 3 GT Sport 6MT - 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    if you ordered your car in June, why would you not have ordered your transcripts so you could have applied to rebate immediately?
    I live in waterloo and occasionally come out to TO. When the contract was signed, it stipulated delivery in 3 weeks. So I thought I'd just submit the transcript when I pick up the car. They couldn't find a car, so I had to wait for the next shipment which didn't arrive till Aug. In the meantime I broke my leg in July...was casted up for 2 months. So everything was on hold...til Sept when I got out of the cast...

When they called me in Aug to pick up the car...I told them I couldn't pick it up because I broke my leg. I told them it won't be until mid sept and they were like sure that's fine. Being my MZ3 was manual I wouldn't have been able to drive it, the car I was driving at the time was auto and was going to be a traded-in. Being I still had to go to work, I needed that car. A week later, sales guy calls back and said if I can come now and pick up the car...and I was like "are you serious?...did I not tell you last week, that I broke my leg and could not pick it up till mid Sept?" Then he was basically almost threatning me that if I wait until Sept they may not want my trade in anymore. I just laughed and said, well our contract said I will be taking delivery by the end of June and it did not arrive until Aug. Also, told him that if that's the case, I don't want the MZ3 either...at that time I was seriously thinking about voiding that contract and getting it else where...but with all the stuff I was going through at the time...i didnt want to add to my stress cuz I know these losers will be giving me hard time if I tried to void it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you actually believe that they are doing me a big favour by submitting this rebate claim, when I am entitled to it?? So should I also be thanking them for transferring the ownership from my trade in to the new car? Should I also thank them for delivering the car from Japan to here?

They are suppose to be doing this for their customers...if I can submit the claim to Mazda Canada directly I would have...believe me!!!

Sounds like they do have to do some paperwork cuz the grad rebate offer has to be explicitly metioned at the time your purchase agreement is being drafted. If they honour the grab rebate, I would thank them for taking the time to do so since they have to make a specific request to Mazda Canada. Dealers receive the rebate through Mazda Canada every time it's applied to a contract. That's why they need your transcripts; it's used as proof otherwise they could submit endless requests to Mazda Canada and pocket $500
    each time.

Doesn't sound like Scarb Mazda wronged you in any way. It's just unfortunate you found out about the grad rebate after picking up your car. It's kind of like finding another dealer willing to offer you a lower price on a identical car then returing to Scarb Mazda and asking them to match it and return the difference in cash even though you already signed and picked up the car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Sarcasm. You must be a customer from hell. I'm glad I don't have to deal with you. I actually feel sorry for Scarb. Mazda now. I'm sure they will give you what you're after so they never have to deal with you again.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do explain how I am a customer from hell. I was initially told it should take 4-5weeks and so after not hearing from them for two months...I sent a couple follow up emails? Is this where I went wrong?

All I'm asking for is some information on the status of the claim...and I can't get the answer....If it takes 3 months it takes 3 months... but at least they can just send a quick reply to that effect.

Anyways, I'm just writing up MY purchase experience...sorry I have offended you so much that you're glad u didnt have to deal with me...lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Sarcasm. You must be a customer from hell. I'm glad I don't have to deal with you. I actually feel sorry for Scarb. Mazda now. I'm sure they will give you what you're after so they never have to deal with you again.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how he is been a customer from hell.

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the salesperson should have told you about (ALL) the promotions you qualify for as it does not affect their pay.
    anyway whats done is done

fyi. we have that IPOD promo going on.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gts-ter View Post
    I'm sure the salesperson should have told you about (ALL) the promotions you qualify for as it does not affect their pay.
    anyway whats done is done
    +1 I would expect that the salesperson should have told me about it. Fact of the matter is had I not ask them about it...I would have lost out on the grad rebate.

Ride
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about your issue.

I purchased my GT 5-speed from Scarboro Mazda just yesterday; they were very good about putting the old-style (2006) bumper on my car in Black Mica to get the round-style foglights. They also gave me a great price; albeit I'd have liked more on the trade-in.

I dealt with Aman. Great salesperson.