Thread: 282.8 hp/ 315.9 tq on DynoDynamics

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 282.8 hp/ 315.9 tq on DynoDynamics

Finally completed the build on my 2008.5 Speed 3.

First step was Bell CAI in summer of '08.

February of this year I added a Hypertech Max Energy Sport with CAI update. Seemed to run stronger, bit BOV popping above 5200rpm. Replaced stock BOV with a forge v2 with blue spring and 2 shims--worked great.

In late spring I added a Street Unit TMIC and Vibrant downpipe back exhaust. Car misfired like crazy at higher rpms. I thought it was spark plug blow-out, so I installed 1-step colder NGK Iridium IX's and tightened the gap to .022. Misfire persisted. Hypertech folks assured me their tune "adapts" to these mods and should work fine.

Took my car to the good folks at 5252 Motorsports in Victoria. On the dyno the car was running way rich and actually GAINED power removing the Hypertech and returning to stock tune--I was at about 210 on the DynoDynamics, which tends to read quite a bit lower than DynoJet. A stock Speed 3 on 5252 Motorsport's dyno pulled 194hp.

I flogged the Hypertech on eBay and got a Cobb AccessPort. As I did not have an after-market downpipe, I stayed with Stage 1 tune with 93 octane. Big bump to 258 hp and 303 tq (blue lines on dyno graph at bottom of link below).

I then had a Corksport downpipe installed and went to Stage 2 with Turboback exhaust, CAI and Upgraded TMIC. Power is now 282.8 with 315.9 tq (red lines on dyno graph). The BIG gain is the +55 Ft Lb of tq at 2500rpm with this downpipe (over 70 Ft Lb at 2400!!). Turbo spools up way quicker. These gains down low are way better than I've seen with plots for the Cobb DP.

See story and dyno plot:
    http://5252motorsports.blogspot.com/...ean-mazda.html

Suspension mods are Mazdaspeed Springs with camber plates, Hotchkis sway bars, Koni Yellows and Enkei PF01's (6 pounds lighter than stock per wheel). StreetUnit billet rear engine mount and TWM short shifter with bushings keeps the drivetrain from moving around and reduced wheel hop and torque steer.

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 282.8 hp/ 315.9 tq on DynoDynamics

Wow, pretty good numbers you pulled out there. Looks like you have more gains then i did on my STI with a protune. I guess next step for you is fatter and grippier tires?
    2010 Subaru STI

Mods:
    Not enough room to list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice numbers. So you were unimpressed with the Hypertech's performance. I havn't read of people having any similar issues and I was thinking of actually getting one this winter. Most people seem pretty happy with their gains. Maybe I'll be re-thinking that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With bolt-on's you gained that much hp? Nice rather impressive!

brandingprintwebphotography

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice numbers man.. You should come out to the meets! (As should I, for that matter )

I'd suggest you get a CPE fuel pump asap, our stock fp's have trouble keeping up with stage2 maps. (... Or so I've heard..)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on OP's post, he is in BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0aZuMi0o View Post
    What else can I get for ladies other than Spa/Nails gift card??
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    a cooking apron?

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh damn lol, I thought he meant Victoria Street in Toronto! I lived in BC for a short while, didn't realize Victoria had performance shops! (Not meant as an insult, I love Victoria... It seemed like a very chill place.)