Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Random MS3 Chat Thread

When I was stage 2+ I never felt a difference between the 91 tune running 91 and the 93 tune running 94. I travel a lot and have used pretty much every gas station Ive seen around, aside from the one-off single location places. Ive used Pioneer, Husky, Ultramar, etc. Ive only ever had a problem with one single tank recently from the Shell across the street from my apartment building, where I always get gas from whenever I fill at home. Made my exhaust reek of sulfur smell and made a CEL come on twice. Two tanks of 94 then I started using that Shells 91 again and all was fine. No smell anymore and the CEL went off and stayed off so far. No one gas station or company will have the highest quality gas ALL the time. Theres always that one bad batch, like what I must have got.

If you want the peace of mind and you think 94 will be super duper for your car then limit yourself to finding only 94 octane gas. Id personally only search for it out of my normal driving routes if I was tuned for 93 again. My opinion is this car was designed to run on 91. 91 octane is 91 octane, I wont look for one company in particular to get it from, as its all the same to me. I just wont go to any of those one location places because of the horror stories I have heard from friends and family about places dumping water in their fuel to dilute it.

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random question, how do you guys store your loose parking change? I used to put them in my ashtray, that's gone now for the 2010s lol

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep 4 quarters in case I need to pump my tires in the little holder thing on the centre console just to the right of the shifter. dont know if that area is still in the 2010s.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhope34 View Post
    I keep 4 quarters in case I need to pump my tires in the little holder thing on the centre console just to the right of the shifter. dont know if that area is still in the 2010s.
    Its gone in 2010s. There isn't a great spot for change which sucks on one hand, but then again areas where you keep change get pretty nasty. There is the ledge to left of the wheel which isn't great, or in the armrest in a small removable tray.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JStroke View Post
    Its gone in 2010s. There isn't a great spot for change which sucks on one hand, but then again areas where you keep change get pretty nasty. There is the ledge to left of the wheel which isn't great, or in the armrest in a small removable tray.
    get a nice black plastic cup, and leave it in the cup holder.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get a nice black plastic cup, and leave it in the cup holder.
    I'll tape it to the ceiling

No seriously, I was in CT... just poking around... and saw these overpriced ricer-emblem ash-trays about 4" high and with a lid that look perfect for holding coins, fit in the drink holder or can be left in the centre console out of sight.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so picky about stuff being in the cabin of my car, I even hide my gloves when I'm not wearing them. I have no idea where I would put coins in this car, so I guess I'll just make sure I have coins in my pocket.
    2001 Mazda Protege LX 2.0 in SSM - trade-in
    2007 Mazda 3 Sport GT w/ Lux Pkg in CGM - lease-end
    2010 Mazdaspeed 3 VRM - current

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    I wouldn't buy Toyota tires, even if they made them...they might not stop. EL OH EL

Hankook V12's...they're the best bang-for-buck tires out there...a great number of positive reviews on msf.org. Great in the rain...amazing price...other than a softer than normal side-wall, they're better than the Falken 615's or Nitto 555's that I have ran before.
    lol yes i definitely meant toyo, my iphone likes correcting even when i'm right

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrismelito View Post
    I'm so picky about stuff being in the cabin of my car, I even hide my gloves when I'm not wearing them. I have no idea where I would put coins in this car, so I guess I'll just make sure I have coins in my pocket.
    You don't like the dashboard bagel and the week old McD fries in the drink holders?

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put some red LEDs in my front seat foot wells yesterday. Looks nice and goes well with the other red dash lights at night, I think. I want to get some white LED strips like I got in red for the front and mount them on either side of my trunk. The stock trunk light is useless. I'd wire the LED strips to the stock trunk light switch and just take out the stock bulb.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    I wouldn't buy Toyota tires, even if they made them...they might not stop. EL OH EL

Hankook V12's...they're the best bang-for-buck tires out there...a great number of positive reviews on msf.org. Great in the rain...amazing price...other than a softer than normal side-wall, they're better than the Falken 615's or Nitto 555's that I have ran before.
    I also have the Hankook V12s.

PR3Y11, if the Star Specs and RS-3 (a step up from the V12 in Hankook's product lineup) are considerably cheaper than the V12s then, by all means, pick them up ....but know that the limit of the V12s are quite high and you may not even reach their limit on the street.

it all boils down to what you want to do with the tires..

* If it's just street driving, the V12s are hard to ignore.
    * If it's street/auto-x/track, then the RS-3 or AD08 would be the way to go
    * If you have another set of rims for auto-x/track then, again, V12s for street and whatever R-compounds you want for the track are a popular combo.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticBlueNTO View Post
    I also have the Hankook V12s.

PR3Y11, if the Star Specs and RS-3 (a step up from the V12 in Hankook's product lineup) are considerably cheaper than the V12s then, by all means, pick them up ....but know that the limit of the V12s are quite high and you may not even reach their limit on the street.

it all boils down to what you want to do with the tires..

* If it's just street driving, the V12s are hard to ignore.
    * If it's street/auto-x/track, then the RS-3 or AD08 would be the way to go
    * If you have another set of rims for auto-x/track then, again, V12s for street and whatever R-compounds you want for the track are a popular combo.
    thanks for the advice mbnto and fobio, i think i'll be looking to get a set of v12's since both you and fobio say it's good, and as for track tires, i'll have to pay the track a visit this summer and see if i'll be making frequent visits, if so then i'll be investing some money in another set for the track

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elusivellama View Post
    You don't like the dashboard bagel and the week old McD fries in the drink holders?
    I don't like the anything in the anything. My GF thinks I'm crazy, and subsequently has a Ford Escape that is full of crap. Do the other MS3 drivers keep the inside spotless, or am I the only nutter?

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to, until I realized its still just a cheap econobox with a turbo and that worrying about it gave me more stress than it was worth.

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the anything in the anything. My GF thinks I'm crazy, and subsequently has a Ford Escape that is full of crap. Do the other MS3 drivers keep the inside spotless, or am I the only nutter?
    I keep the interior of any of my cars, doesn't matter what it is, as clean as I can, but at the same time I don't really spend much time thinking about it. It just happens. I do spray armor all on the dash every now and then, and vacuum the carpets once in a while, but mostly my habits and the weathertech digitalfits keep things clean.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i try to keep my car as clean as possible and usually do a little detailing once a month myself and on a yearly basis with a detailer. even with the exterior i try to wash when ever i can because looking at my car being dirty really bugs me

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too. I try and keep it spotless, that way it feels like a nicer car. But it is still new to me so we will see how long it keeps up, especially in the winter.

One thing I find with this car is there is no go storage place to keep anything, ie. a few tools in the truck, has anyone here modified the styrofoam spare holder or anything else. Does anyone else carry a few tools etc in their car and have a good spot?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i left my winter snow brush in the trunk and even that seems out of place and i don't really want to leave it there but it may be necessary sometime so i know what you mean. i was actually thinking of getting some sort of snap on bracket that i could attach to that fold down hatch door thing (attached at the bottom) so it would be out of sight and would make my trunk look spotless.
    as for tools, i guess you could potentially put them where the spare lies but i havn't really thought of it since i don't really carry any tools around

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I do is get a cloth tool holder, the kind that has a row of tool pockets on the inside and draw strings on the outside, put some basic stuff like a qic-pic screwdriver, pliers, xacto knife, wrench, etc. Tie it up tight and wedge it somewhere under the trunk lid or in with the jack in the side compartment. I also keep a small plastic rubbermaid bin to put stuff in, and leave that in the trunk - nobody sees it except me and only when I open the trunk, and I can store loose stuff in there that would otherwise roll around.

The cargo space is meant for using, and with the rubber cargo mat I'm not at all shy about putting stuff in there.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the only nutter. I'm one too. Heck, I still have the clear plastic film from the factory over the pull down arm rests/ cup holders in the back seats. LOL.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Sr Member
    Ride
    Genesis coupe 3.8, yaris
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I carry a basic set of tools, pretty much anything Id need without also needing a hoist. Things I keep in the glove box: needle nose pliers, two flash lights, emergency window breaker, utility knife, 3.5 inch fixed blade knife, wheel lock key(s) and electrical tape. In my trunk I shove all my tools around the edges of the spare tire and some things I shove under the plastic piece at the very top of the spare (the piece close to the rear seats when looking in through the open hatch). This area contains: socket set, 4-5 screw drivers, 21mm half inch drive socket for my wheels, torque wrench, jumper cable, tow rope with hooks on the ends, my Mazda oil filter tool and a few other things I am forgetting right now. All the wires for my trailer light converter box are hooked up in and around the area that my OEM jack is, so I dont like jamming anything in there anymore. Oh, also, lately Ive been carrying around my floor jack and two safety stands in the trunk. Seems like when I have a sub box in the trunk constantly anyway, I stop caring so much about keeping my trunk cluttered or clean.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I posted in the "Emergency Kit" thread in the regular section of the forum:

First aid kit; road-side kit, including pylon thingy, jumper cables, flares, thermal blanket (like tinfoil), non-perishable food bars; winter gloves; blanket; shammy; paper towels; snow brush; extra tub of washer fluid. One other thing that I find is SUPER useful is a couple flat, wide, wood shims. I use these to spread out the weight of the jack if I ever need to change a tire on soft ground (you never know where you'll end up when you get a flat). I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it all fits neatly in a little holder that tucks in behind my back seats.

I forgot to mention my small tool kit, but I'm thinking alhope34's tow cable is a good idea...might incorporate that too.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget an emergency/survival candle and some sort of tin cup in case you get stuck in a blizzard on the 402 for 24 hours

This is what I posted in the "Emergency Kit" thread in the regular section of the forum:

First aid kit; road-side kit, including pylon thingy, jumper cables, flares, thermal blanket (like tinfoil), non-perishable food bars; winter gloves; blanket; shammy; paper towels; snow brush; extra tub of washer fluid. One other thing that I find is SUPER useful is a couple flat, wide, wood shims. I use these to spread out the weight of the jack if I ever need to change a tire on soft ground (you never know where you'll end up when you get a flat). I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it all fits neatly in a little holder that tucks in behind my back seats.

I forgot to mention my small tool kit, but I'm thinking alhope34's tow cable is a good idea...might incorporate that too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We don't recirculate our boost, we vent that hoe to the atmosphere. We don't suggest standing in the same room with this thing goes off. The pressure change will be so great that when ambient pressure returns to normal, you'll die from the bends.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a shiny new 2010 MS3?
    Do you think it's fast?
    Do you want it to be faster?
    Do you want the power to come on smoother?
    Do you think you need a metric shit-ton of bolt-ons to keep up with an STI? (hehe ok well maybe)
    Do you want to be cool like the rest of us?

2010 MAZDASPEED3 AccessPORT power output comparison of stock vs. a Stage1 test map.

Oh yeah, and for everyone else... v1.08 maps are out! [clicky here]

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horto View Post
    Don't forget an emergency/survival candle and some sort of tin cup in case you get stuck in a blizzard on the 402 for 24 hours
    something about a candle...

one of the older guys at work says a candle is good enough to keep the car cabin from freezing...will definitely add a few of them to the kit...

and yeah horto...stop trying to indoctorinate ppl...some ppl don't want a fast car and only got the MS3 cuz it's a good deal for going from A to B...right?...lol...

Page 2 of 281 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast